Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default Christianity - 10-10-2008, 01:16 PM

Since there is a Wiccan thread, and a Judiasm thread, I thought I'd post one on Christianity.

Miranda, if this is breaking any rules, then just go ahead and lock it.

Discuss zee religion here. All religions allowed. I'm open to hearing about anything. (:

Well, I guess I should say a bit about it.
I am Christian, but not like you would think. The church I go to believes that sin is the reason people get sick. People have gotten healed from cancer, at my church.
And everyone thinks we are a cult. XD Which, we are not.

So.... yeah... feel free to ask questions, I don't care.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 10-10-2008, 01:53 PM

It seems strange to me that the Christians I have spoken too fail to see that if they had been brought up in a predominately Hindu area, its almost certain they would have Hindu faith, Sikh area Sikh faith etc.
And with creation it seems God kind of set us up to fail. I know we have free will but he created us in his image so does have logic and reason which are over ruling the idea of a God? Doesn't that mean God would do the same things as us?

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 10-10-2008, 02:25 PM

God created us, not as set up to fail, but set up to have a choice. He created people with a choice, when He could have created us to be perfect, mindless, robots. But He didn't. He gave us a chance, and he forewarned us not to listen to Satan, but our choice was to disobey.

And God is the perfect version of us, which means whatever He says He has done, or will, is going to, or has happened. He's never broken his word.

I think that answered your question. O__O
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 10-10-2008, 05:17 PM

Do you think God would understand that the Bible isn't enough evidence for a lot of people to belive in God and logically its much more likely there isn't a God?
And I have also wondered, does God create natural disasters? And are all the young children that die painfull deaths sinners?

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 10-10-2008, 07:25 PM

God showed us everything we need to know in the Bible, we just don't look hard enough. It has everything from Doomsday, to what happens after our 1000 years in Heaven.

And, no. Satan made most of the natural disasters, next to the Flood and things like that. It can kind of go both ways.

Young children dying, could maybe be from a curse laid on the family by someone. If you have been cursed, then Satan has the right to make that curse happen. You however, have the power to break that curse off in Jesus's name and you are good to go.
(:

OH, and the children aren't responsible for their sins, until they are of age to actually understand. Like, a thirteen year old would go to Hell, because they understood. But, if they die of a young age before actual understanding, then their fate is in the parents hands, I believe.... though I don't think the children would go to Hell, because the parents weren't saved.
I'll have to ask my dad, on that one, cuz I don't remember exactly.

Last edited by Rocketship_ : 10-10-2008 at 07:28 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyBomb (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-10-2008, 09:55 PM

Yeah, some people believe my religion is a cult to. It was actually published as such in a book on the major cults once. But then the book was republished with an apology saying that they had been mistaken.

Because of the sin in the world, bad things happen. That's just the way it is. People early on in the Old Testiment lived for hundreds of years, but as you can obviously see, that's hardly the case any more. Bad things happen to Christians too, just like everyone else.

I have odd tastes, you'll just have to get used to it
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 10-10-2008, 10:54 PM

Yeah, see, I don't believe in that. People long ago would technically live much shorter lives. Life span is increasing because of technology and health care advances.

I think religion can be very cult-like in general. They follow the 'words' of a 'higher power' that they've never truly met. I don't seem to understand really.

There are too many contradictions in the Bible for me to think it's true. I don't believe in a high power. And the universe was created millions of years ago. Science states that our sun is 50 million years old alone, and we're one of the newer solar systems. Some suns have been around for over twice that amount.

Science and Religion just don't seem to get along. I believe in logic, not in faith. Too many broken links for me.

I have many of Christian friends though. I used to have more, but my other friends and I have kinda put doubt into their mind. Not purposely, of course. We don't walk up to them and try to change them, it's just that the majority of my friends are Atheist, and my boyfriend's a Satanist.

We believe what we want. We're all very stubborn people.

Believe what you want of course. Just stating that I'm an Atheist.

Oh, question. What draws you to believe in God, anyway? Are your families Christian?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 10-10-2008, 11:59 PM

Your boyfreinds a SATANIST? I find that majorly, majorly, majorly, MAJORLY weird. O.o

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#9 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 10-11-2008, 12:36 AM

Satanism is a completely normal religion and is not weird, thank you very much. I find it quite intriguing. My Christian friends don't approve, but I couldn't care less. Satanism is not what everyone thinks. It doesn't promote murder or anything. It's a completely different religion, and a different Satan then what Christians see him as. At least, I'm pretty sure. I'll ask him.

But I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it if I called your religion "MAJORLY weird."
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 10-11-2008, 12:49 AM

The earth may be old, but our version is not.... it has been wiped clean so many times before.

The Bible probably seems to contradict itself, because the Old and New Testament are pretty confusing to get.... ahaha.

And, I come from a Christian family, my parents are both pastors, but nothing like you would guess. I wasn't saved until I was ten, and that was on my own choice.

And Catlover: I don't disapprove of Jews. Do you disapprove of me?

I think that Science is alot like religion, in some ways. But, I don't really see me being Christian AS a religion. It's more of a way of life, to be honest. I just use the term Christian as explaining WHO I believe in.
I am simply a believer and follower in God, which consists of three God heads. The Father [God] The son, [Jesus] And the Holy Ghost.

(: