Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-10-2008, 06:39 PM

I've been reading up on this phenomenon, which is slowly coming to be known as the Lolita Effect. The idea is that the media plays a large role in the fact that young girls, and boys, are growing up so fast. Heightened levels of sexual activity on TV, games, etc, not to mention the growing acceptance that being thin is the only way to be pretty and other such crazy things is what has been pinpointed as the reasons why this is occuring. I have to personally agree.

Take, for instance, the simple matter of Barbie and Bratz dolls. Barbie is able to do anything, but you only see her the same way. Blonde, blue-eyed, and with body measurements that would cause her to be unable to walk. Then we look at her competitor, the Bratz dolls. Of equally unrealistic measurements, these dolls serve no purpose except to teach young girls how to be "sexy". Just walk into the toy aisle at the store and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

While part of this is from the media, it also is from parents not taking responsibility. Sadly enough, sex talks need to come at a much younger age, but parents fail to see the differences between their era and the one which is approaching.

You might find this article interesting. I know I did. Just a warning, some sexual terms are within, so it is slightly sensitive material. Nothing inappropriate, just different, very common situations society is seeing now.
Grade-school Lolita: ‘So Sexy So Soon’ - Back to School - Today.msnbc.com

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-18-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 08-10-2008, 06:50 PM

I noticed that alot last year. I saw a 6 year old wearing a tube top!
I even asked her if her mother let her wear that and she said she didn't care.
I see alot of little girls dressing inappropriate for their ages and it is sick.
there are a lot of parents who don't bother being strict on the children and the children get into alot of trouble later on.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.33 Average
Default 08-10-2008, 07:45 PM

I noticed it a lot in my dance class the last few years. All the girls would wear these VERY short shorts and skirts that even showed some of their underwear at times, and not only were they short, they looked super tight. These two girls really made me wonder what they'd grow up to be like. One was older than me, and I think she's maybe a freshman or sophmore in high school now. She always wore these really...well...****ty looking clothes. Another girl, who is younger than me and I think was in 2nd grade last year wore makeup like eyeliner and mascara. Her clothes weren't all that appropriate either. And on top of that, she had a real attitude and had pretty rude insults, especially for a girl her age. But it's not like she used curse words.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 08-10-2008, 09:14 PM

I have been noticing this as well their are a lot of young ladies getting fake i.d. to get into bars and clubs all the time lately and their attire is really sad especially when there is nothing to hold it up....

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-11-2008, 06:21 AM

Agreed. The sad thing is, that a lot of these girls don't really think of the dangers of how they're acting. No girl asks to be raped or molested; however, they need to understand how not everyone in the world is nice and that there are a lot of men out there who would take the way they dress and the way they speak and act as an excuse to rape them or molest them. It's incredibly dangerous for a little girl to be dressing and acting like a wh*re; I blame the parents however.

The children don't understand why it's dangerous, so their parents need to tell them and to disallow them from dressing that way. Kids that age don't have an income, so the only way they're getting the clothes is cuz their parents are buying them. It's also a sad truth that in court, rapists' defence lawyers often try to prove their client's innocence by saying that the victim consented, or was "asking for it by dressing sexy".

Again, it's not fair, but who said life had to be fair? That is why so many rape cases go unreported, cuz victims think they won't be believed or that they'll be torn to pieces in court, just cuz they were wearing miniskirts and crop tops.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-11-2008, 07:04 AM

I could go on for days about this subject, but I'm gonna sum it up as this: The media needs to get a freakin' makeover. End of story. I feel absolutely disgusted whenever I see a little kid dressed up basically as a wh*re. At my schools, you are NOT allowed to wear those things, period, but when you hit highschool for some reason no one cares if the skinny girls wear sl*twear-for-teens, but if the pudgy girls do, they go OMGURBREAKINGDRESSCODE! and send you home. -.-

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-13-2008, 07:21 AM

These girls are probably with five kids by different fathers, no job and living on welfare payments. Like this girl I went to school with; she used to do exactly the same thing. She got knocked up at age 14, dropped out of school and now resides in a council house with no prospects and no future.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 03-14-2010 at 12:59 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
AdeeJade_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-13-2008, 09:31 AM

Beauty pagaents for kids as well. Anyone seen little miss sunshine? Those kids at the beauty paegant with faces caked with makeup and tiny bikinis on. They walked like barbies as well, and looked plastic. Stuff like that really goes on?

Definetley only the parents to blame entering them in a competition like that.

--
(#9 (permalink))
Old
ShinoMegami (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-13-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeeJade_x View Post
Beauty pagaents for kids as well. Anyone seen little miss sunshine? Those kids at the beauty paegant with faces caked with makeup and tiny bikinis on. They walked like barbies as well, and looked plastic. Stuff like that really goes on?

Definetley only the parents to blame entering them in a competition like that.
That stuff does go on. It gets really bad. The parents get vicious with each other, their kids and other kids! While I was in So. Cal. I heard this woman dragging her about 6-7 year old daughter into a dressing room say that 'she couldn't wear that swimsuit (a one piece with butterflies) because she looked like a little kid! She has to get the judge horn y!' Now that is DISGUSTING!!! And of course that would be the parent who would blame the media when her daughter ends up pregnant at 12!!

PSST!! Hey!! Go > here < and see my dolls!!

Avatar Made by ME!! Base from Dollz'n'stuff (I don't have a current link, if anyone does please PM it to me)
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-13-2008, 02:50 PM

Not to mention all the money these people spend on having their children look like minature prostitutes, and not just beauty pagent entries either. Check out this article here: Meet the pre-teen beauty addicts | Mail Online 11 and 12 year olds shouldn't be waxing their legs, wearing expensive designer clothes or wearing fake tan.