Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-01-2008, 05:53 AM

I've seen girls as young as thirteen pushing buggies around or proudly showing off a bump. Whereas I don't believe we should go back to the old days where girls were punished for falling pregnant unmarried, we should not have the modern situation where we've gone to the other extreme and are rewarding these girls. Over here, a pregnant teenager can get a council house and lots of benefits that the childfree never have. We should have a happy medium; ie, they can be given some help, like milk tokens and vouchers to buy baby stuff, however they are not automatically allowed to jump the queue for a council house and are not given hand outs.

Some of these teens just dump their babies on their parents and spend their hand outs on alcohol and cigarettes rather than on their children. In my opinion, they and their baby daddies should be held financially responsible for their offspring; if they complain, then they should be gently reminded that they chose to have a baby, therefore they should take the consequences. And just perhaps, if they'd kept their legs closed or taken contreception, there wouldn't be a baby to cause problems.

Girls should also have better role models when growing up; right now, the only role models a lot of girls have are ones like Lindsey Lohan and Miley Cyrus, who just show the girls that all they need to make it in life is to be sexy. They play with Bratz dolls, which show them the same thing. It kind of reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Lisa disapproves of her talking Malibu Stacey doll cuz it says things like, "Let's bake cookies so the boys will like us!" and "I wish they taught shopping at school!". XD Won't be long I think before there's a talking Bratz doll that says the exact same things.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-01-2008, 08:04 AM

EWW! I will rise my children to be nerds! XD My older cousin Jill, who actually loves clothes and stuff, agrees. So it's not just me.

Miranda, sadly enough, the stuff you propose might not ever happen. There are far too few people with good sense in this world. -.- This problem will just become worse and worse, probably, before it gets better, because that's just how everything seems to work; it takes a disaster to make the majority see a problem and want to act to fix it, and these days it's all about the majority, whether the majority knows little about what they're talking about or a lot.

As for the education thing, I was always ahead on reading, writing, science and history. Sorry, Wolfie, but I actually like history; what should be done is that history should be an optional course my mid-middle school. And Another thing; we didn't actually get to WWs I and II til High School here. O.o

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-01-2008, 09:13 AM

In my school, we covered them in Elementary school and Middle school for some reason. O_o My history teacher last year was pretty amusing though, that's the only year of it I ever liked.

Where I live, the only benefits you get from being a teenage parent is something like Miranda said (milk tokens and vouchers), but it's INCREDIBLY strict on which things you can buy for your kid at a lower price and what you can't if you're on that program.

There's a girl at my school who claimed to be knocked up, about oh four or five months ago; she's not showing a bump in the least. I've been hearing rumors she actually lied just to get her boyfriend - who everybody suspects is g*y, to be honest - to stay with her and possibly marry her. She's a cow anyway.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#54 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 09-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Sounds a bit like a noob I know. >_< She's so fat she could probably get away with something like that. Bleah.

I liek the history about war and crap. I like learning about the tactics.
You know blitzkrieg? Sounds a bit like what everyone wants to do on impulse in WoW battlegrounds- Juss charge and attack everythign in the way.

Except everyone wants to do the same, so it's no surprise and fails every time. But do they learn? Nooooooooooooooo. They do it again and again and again. Uuuggh

This is just plain shocking...

Dad at 13 | Boy Alfie Patten, 13, becomes father of baby girl Maisie with girlfriend Chantelle Steadman, 15 | The Sun |News

WHAAT, THE, F*CK?!!! O.o

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant

Last edited by Miranda_ : 10-17-2010 at 11:24 AM.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-16-2009, 07:29 AM

What in the name of sam hill is wrong with these people?! O_O

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#56 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-16-2009, 07:34 AM

The girlfriend I don't know, but Alfie didn't even know what he was getting into or the possible consequences of s*x. >.>

For god's sake, I'm his age and I still know the ins, outs, and just about everything about s*x! Why doesn't he, I wonder? O.o

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
(#57 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-16-2009, 09:33 AM

Oh, I heard about that. It's so freaking crazy. He doesn't even look 13, he looks like he's under ten. O_o The baby was conceived when he was just 12! He wasn't even a teenager yet. His girlfriend should have known what unprotected sex could lead to. And he should have known, too. I read this one article that said she wanted a baby and was planning the whole thing. O_O
(#58 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-16-2009, 09:49 AM

Possibly she thought he was too young to impregnate her? >.>

(#59 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 02-16-2009, 09:56 AM

This is creepy as hell, the boy is just a kid. The age difference may be just two years, but due to different maturity levels in boys and girls at that age, it seems a lot bigger. And the boy even looks like a kid. I don't know why that girl would date him or have sex with him.

It's all well and good that they'll try to be responsible parents, but they're both way, way too young for this.

(#60 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-16-2009, 11:24 AM

Maturity levels for certain make this worse because his mindset is even lower than his age(no offense Aaron, boys just tend to have a young mental set than girls, which is partially why older guys and younger girls tend to date a lot). Its disgusting since she might as well have been sleeping with a young boy rather than that kid.

Av & Sig Credit: Me