Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-13-2008, 02:50 PM

Not to mention all the money these people spend on having their children look like minature prostitutes, and not just beauty pagent entries either. Check out this article here: Meet the pre-teen beauty addicts | Mail Online 11 and 12 year olds shouldn't be waxing their legs, wearing expensive designer clothes or wearing fake tan.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
TinkerBell1995 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-13-2008, 04:10 PM

I just read that link that Miranda posted. I can't believe parents can let their daughters get to a point where they can't control getting them up and out of the house in less than a half hour. I mean a nine year old asking to get her legs waxed. That's sick.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
ShinoMegami (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 08-13-2008, 05:04 PM

It's sick! Also how serious these young girls are taking their relationships! I remember being 15 and my first boyfriend and I would hang out and play video games or watch movies, and our x-mas presents to each other were dorky little things. A group of 15 year olds were just in my store, and one of them was telling her friends how she was so ****ed at her boyfriend's dad because he got her BF (and she used that term while talking) a new video game that came out and didn't tell her, now she didn't know what to get him. Okay I'm sorry but most new video games are about $50 I have a DS and even new games for that can be $30-$40!! Really if you are 15 you should not be spending that much on ANYONE IF THEY ARE NOT RELATED TO YOU!!! Also her total arrogance thinking that his dad has to clear what he gets for his own son first!!

I swear I would love to meet these parents and just slap them!!

PSST!! Hey!! Go > here < and see my dolls!!

Avatar Made by ME!! Base from Dollz'n'stuff (I don't have a current link, if anyone does please PM it to me)
(#24 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-13-2008, 07:56 PM

It's horrid. My mom is a kindergarten teacher, and some of the students in her class are getting highlights, wearing makeup, and wearing these much to revealing clothes. I never did anything like that when i was little. They even are talking about getting in relationships o_o Part of it I think is pressure from looking at models and movie stars and stuff. I don't really know the other half, but it freaks me out.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-13-2008, 08:06 PM

What scares me the most is the woman in the article, who talked about her nine year old daughter being persued by a boy of fourteen. Yes, that particular one laid off when told no, but what about the next one? What happens when a delinquent boy won't take no for an answer? She's nine years old, she wouldn't stand a chance at fighting him off.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 08-13-2008, 08:11 PM

^ thats horrid!
Boys are incredibly immature at that age and she shouldn't be even thinking of boys at that age, and for a long time.
why do kids have to want to hurry and grow up!? being a kid is way better, they should want to stay a kid.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-13-2008, 08:21 PM

I was horrified by this quote in particular from the article:
Quote:
Last year, Tesco was forced to remove the Peekaboo pole-dancing kit from the toys and games section of its website, and a couple of years ago, Asda provoked a furore for selling inappropriately adult lingerie for children, including thongs and push-up black lace bras.
Pole dancing? Lingerie? Sheesh, when I was that age I was still running around with mud on my feet and pretending to be an indian/psychic/witch/whatever the heck caught my fancy. I read, I played outside, and I wasn't concerned with dating(though I did have crushes, but that was normal). I had my first boyfriend young, but i also learned a big lesson pretty quick when I was nearly raped. I didn't even dress that way, so I can't even begin to imagine how bad it is for those girls.

The truth is parents need to put down their feet. Their children wouldn't act like this if they didn't encourage it and controlled their media exposure. Quite frankly, while it is getting harder to control that sort of thing, it still is their responsibility to protect their children from these things. They say there is time, but when they can't tell them no for such simple things how are they going to do it later?

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-13-2008 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake
(#28 (permalink))
Old
ShinoMegami (Offline)
Addict

Default 08-13-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
The truth is parents need to put down their feet. Their children wouldn't act like this if they didn't encourage it and didn't control their media exposure. Quite frankly, while it is getting harder to control that sort of thing, it still is their responsibility to protect their children from these things. They say there is time, but when they can't tell them no for such simple things how are they going to do it later?
Exactly!! The media cannot be blamed for parents not doing their job! It's the exact same thing when people blame say Marilyn Manson for kids killing themselves/school shooting/school bombings. It's absolutely ridiculous that no stops to ask those parents 'Hey when was the last time you took time out of your day to see what the HE11 is going on with your kid' Kids crave attention and a sense of belonging. It's human nature and if they can't get it at home from their parents they'll get it somewhere else.

PSST!! Hey!! Go > here < and see my dolls!!

Avatar Made by ME!! Base from Dollz'n'stuff (I don't have a current link, if anyone does please PM it to me)
(#29 (permalink))
Old
x_Jennifer_x (Offline)

Default 08-14-2008, 12:28 AM

I really hate that, I've seen 6 year olds with cell phones, and most of the girls in the eight grade aren't virgins. my sis just came from there and she's lucky. She still is, even I am.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 08-14-2008, 12:58 AM

I have seen so many young kids with cellphones it is crazy. the cell phone companies must love it.
I don't even have a cell phone, neither does my mom. My dad only has one for work orders.