Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 08-11-2008, 02:26 PM

I blame the parents entirely.
they should know, if your not mature enough to have kids and actually look after them, then don't waist your time, go back to partying.

I remember in P.E. class this a girl (that I'm leaving nameless, and the boy) was talking to this boy and they were talking about being virgins or not and they were saying things like, "I wont be in few days" and "not anymore!"
it was horrible, just last year most of us wouldn't even talk to the opposite gender.

there weren't many clothing rules at my school, well there was but they never actually used them. you'd see alot of girls trying to show of their cleavage. I wouldn't do that in a million years. and they said at the beginning of the year if your clothes were too revealing or you skirts are two short, you would have to wear some of the principals clothes, from the 70's.

I don't own many skirts, I think I own about two; one isn't very short, about mid thigh and the other is a bit shorter than that but I am not allowed to wear it unless I wear leggings, wich I wouldn't wear it without.
I am not allowed to wear revealing tops, my parents wont let me because of my chest size, but I wouldn't want them anyway, I don't want boys staring down my shirt.

it is happening so fast and people/schools really need to take action on it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-11-2008, 02:36 PM

I think that as well as the whole "carry a bag of sugar around for two weeks" thing that some American schools have going on, girls should have to wear a pregnancy suit for two weeks previously. And rather than a bag of sugar, it should be one of those realistic dolls that cry and pee. And finally, maybe they could be forced to go volunteer at a nursery, so they can see for themselves just how demanding children really are. Maybe then they'll think twice and keep their legs closed.

Yes, I know that the boys are just as bad, but the consequences are worse for the girls; they are the ones who get pregnant and left with the baby, not the guys. The boys could also have the doll and nursery volunteering, but it's only the girls who can wear the pregnancy suit.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
AdeeJade_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-11-2008, 03:20 PM

I remember when i was about 8 my next door naighbour would come round a lot. She was about 3 months older than me and one day she deicded to boss me around. I am quite quiet so i just let her and she would mess around and put make up on me then one day when we were messing around and dressing up she had a fit because i wasn't wearing a bra.

i still can't believe they make underwear that small. if you don't have anything to fill it then whats the point?

--
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 08-11-2008, 03:26 PM

In grade 7 I think, yes thats right, a girl told everyone she was wearing a thong and seriously, why don't you just go around not wearing underwear than wearing a thong or g-string, it's better than a permanent wedgie...

(#15 (permalink))
Old
ShinoMegami (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-12-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_princess3853 View Post
I blame the parents entirely.
they should know, if your not mature enough to have kids and actually look after them, then don't waist your time, go back to partying.
I agree! I read in an article that parents don't like telling their kids no becasue they don't want to break their spirit. Well my nephew just turned six and when someone tells him now he gives you spirit at the top of his lungs! And I work in retail...trust me I see the same thing all day!!

Also I think it's more of a parenting problem than a media problem becasue hello!!! You don't let a 7 year old wear a string bikini to the beach no matter how much she screams.

Take a look at Barbie, A major icon for years!! It was redesigned like 2 years ago. Matel has filed bankruptcy. Why because those of us with brains realise, it's just a DOLL!!!! People who want to look exactly like Barbie and get surgery to have the measurments of a Barbie doll, they obviously have a bit more wrong with them mentally than just some media influence.

PSST!! Hey!! Go > here < and see my dolls!!

Avatar Made by ME!! Base from Dollz'n'stuff (I don't have a current link, if anyone does please PM it to me)
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-12-2008, 04:22 PM

About the nearest thing I ever had to a doll was a She-ra toy. There's a huge difference between She-ra and dolls like Bratz. The problem is, there aren't really any girl's cartoons/programmes with strong role models about any more; just vacuous "heroines" who's only interests are shopping, makeup and boys. -.-

(#17 (permalink))
Old
TinkerBell1995 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default 08-12-2008, 05:24 PM

I see the same stuff. When I go to the pool I see all these little kids wearing bikini's. I mean it's okay if tankini's but bikini's are way, way, way to revealing. People at my school talk like they are all that by saying they had sex and stuff, when they didn't, but for some reason, everyone believes them. It's really sick the way people act. My mom says she remembers when she was growing up and all they made were the one piece bathing suits. And how it was a sin to show their middriff(sp?). But now it's totally normal.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-13-2008, 07:21 AM

These girls are probably with five kids by different fathers, no job and living on welfare payments. Like this girl I went to school with; she used to do exactly the same thing. She got knocked up at age 14, dropped out of school and now resides in a council house with no prospects and no future.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 03-14-2010 at 01:59 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
AdeeJade_x (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-13-2008, 09:31 AM

Beauty pagaents for kids as well. Anyone seen little miss sunshine? Those kids at the beauty paegant with faces caked with makeup and tiny bikinis on. They walked like barbies as well, and looked plastic. Stuff like that really goes on?

Definetley only the parents to blame entering them in a competition like that.

--
(#20 (permalink))
Old
ShinoMegami (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 08-13-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeeJade_x View Post
Beauty pagaents for kids as well. Anyone seen little miss sunshine? Those kids at the beauty paegant with faces caked with makeup and tiny bikinis on. They walked like barbies as well, and looked plastic. Stuff like that really goes on?

Definetley only the parents to blame entering them in a competition like that.
That stuff does go on. It gets really bad. The parents get vicious with each other, their kids and other kids! While I was in So. Cal. I heard this woman dragging her about 6-7 year old daughter into a dressing room say that 'she couldn't wear that swimsuit (a one piece with butterflies) because she looked like a little kid! She has to get the judge horn y!' Now that is DISGUSTING!!! And of course that would be the parent who would blame the media when her daughter ends up pregnant at 12!!

PSST!! Hey!! Go > here < and see my dolls!!

Avatar Made by ME!! Base from Dollz'n'stuff (I don't have a current link, if anyone does please PM it to me)