Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#81 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 03-02-2009, 02:19 PM

Alright, thanks for the advice.

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#82 (permalink))
Old
X_SWEET_TEMPTATION_X (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 1.00 Average
Default 03-02-2009, 08:24 PM

I just lreaned about this from my mom. Me and my mom have this great relationship, so she knows all the passwords of every site I have. So she goes on my facebook. By the sounds of it so guy from Turkey that's in his 30's is tagreting girls 15/16/17 saying he's 16. just a warning.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#83 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 03-03-2009, 08:55 PM

I know on facebook a lot of the dating apps are very dangerous. I joined one called Social Me (is related to the popular compare HOTNESS application), and there are a lot of creepy guys asking for cam chats and for naughty pictures. It's disgusting, so I removed it as soon as possible.

I'm always very careful when on sites like facebook or myyearbook (like myspace but more. . kid-targeted I guess? I like it more than myspce). I don't add anyone I don't know, one thing I could definitely improve on is that I add anyone as long as I have mutual friends with them and they go to my school or live in my city. I should probably clean out my friends list (I have over 150 friends. I am fairly 'popular' though and I have loads of people from school and church. .). I know a long time ago there was this thing going around where you would get wall posts (on facebook of course) from a friend saying they saw your pictures on some site. If you ever get any wall posts like that, ignore them. Because as soon as I went to look, I got hacked and at least 20 friends got similar wall posts telling them their pictures were on that site. I learned the hard way. .
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-04-2009, 06:21 AM

I had one of those; I deleted it right away cuz I know for a fact that there are NO pictures of me online. I don't have a scanner. XD

(#85 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 03-04-2009, 09:38 AM

For me I take all my pictures with a digital camera or my phone. Cuz then it's uploaded straight to my computer and easily put on facebook or yearbook or anything. I'm probably a little too. . noncareful (I can't find the right word.) with my photos so having them turn up on some site would be possible. I definitely need to fix that, once facebook's unblocked in a week. .haha
But yeah, it's really scary to think that there are 40,50,60 and older men out there that are wanting to, well, you know, teenage girls. It's just sick. The only good thing is that facebook and myspace have deleted any registered se'x offenders on their site. But still, it's really scary, and even boys have to be careful, because there are female creeps out there wanting the same thing.
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-04-2009, 03:01 PM

Not to mention pedophiles who want boys, and are male. There are a lot of them about, and you can't tell who's who on these sites. It's lunacy to give out anything more than your first name, and what country/state you come from. I've removed info from profiles that state a person's school, their crush's school, their full name etc; some of these people just don't seem to get how dangerous it is to do this on a public site. O_o

(#87 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 03-04-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_SWEET_TEMPTATION_X View Post
I just lreaned about this from my mom. Me and my mom have this great relationship, so she knows all the passwords of every site I have. So she goes on my facebook. By the sounds of it so guy from Turkey that's in his 30's is tagreting girls 15/16/17 saying he's 16. just a warning.
Hey, I think that guy tried to add me. At first, I added him, thinking he was a friend of a friend or something [because I have friends in Israel...], but after I added him and looked at his Facebook profile, I was like, "I don't know that guy," and my friends weren't added.
So I blocked him. XD

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-05-2009, 10:09 AM

i was watching nick news ( im 12 it's no surprise that im still watching Nickelodeon) and it was about this girls who went onto a christian chat room so she thought it would be safer than My Space or something else. but she met guy who claimed to be a 17 year old (note that shes only 13!) surfer dude who lived in California. well after a couple of months they became good friends including the girl's other friend. So this guy has both their phone numbers and their addresses. the guy said that he was going to Mississippi or someplace like that to visit his "sick aunt", and that he was going to visit her on the way there. the girl told her dad (and him being a police officer) he as really upset and told her not to talk with him ever again. But it was to late. The 17 year old guy was actually a 54 year old child molester and he had already come for the girl. one night the dad came home, and his young son was sitting watching t.v. alone (when his sister was supposed to be watching him) and asked him where his sister was. he said in the computer room and he was immediatly angry because he thought she was talking with the guy again. ut when he got in ther there was blood on the floor and wall and the window was open. it turned out that the guy took her to a storage unit and raped her, killed her, and then commited suicide.

i saw this last year. this was the thing that prevented me form wanting an e-mail address.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
Mirela (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-05-2009, 06:17 PM

How come there was blood in her computer room if he raped and killed her in a storage unit?

I dont really know if I believe that story.
(#90 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-06-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirela View Post
How come there was blood in her computer room if he raped and killed her in a storage unit?

I dont really know if I believe that story.
Agreed.

It sounds like an urban legend to me. Cookies, unless you can provide a link to a news site as reference, please don't post stories of this nature.