Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-19-2008, 12:52 PM

But, even though kids/teens can lower the risk, its still a parents job to make sure. Most parents don't even look at their child(ren) myspace page.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-19-2008, 12:55 PM

I think I have a myspace. I never use it. I have a Bebo. I use it once every few millenia.

I prefer forums, Much safer, and less nosy-parents! ^_^

Just in case some weirdo comes up to me and starts trying to trick me because he thinks my folks aren't vigilante, They are, and if anyone says anything strange to me, they'll now imidiatly.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 04-19-2008, 02:23 PM

Parents can definitely help, but if you notice here on TDP, many girls complain about their parents having controls on the computer, or even just asking them what sites they are going on. Kids don't appreciate their parents safety cautions and sometimes try to break them. So...parents can't do everything, although a cautious parent definitely does more than a negligent one. Sometimes kids find ways around it though.

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-19-2008, 02:24 PM

If anyone on here PMs you or posts on your profile with obscenity, let me know straight away so I can deal with them. We can't be too careful; never know if it's just an immature teen or a potential child predator.

(#45 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-19-2008, 06:49 PM

No-one ever did, and of course I would Miranda, but it's unlikely, No-one noticed that I changed my controls back so everyone could post.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#46 (permalink))
Old
x_____x (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-19-2008, 09:33 PM

I've had various accounts on The Doll Palace before, and I don't think anything including a pedophile or online s*xual predator ever happened, but I might be wrong. My parents are fully aware that I go on this site, and post in the forums, as for MySpace, they know I have it, but never actually got around to seeing it, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

The only thing I want to point out is Avatar Chat, and what I've noticed on it, that isn't something our younger players should experience:
  • The 'online s*x' rooms, or the '*****-s*x' rooms.
  • The inappropriate screenames, such as this perv.:
    The Doll Palace Friends
  • Inappropriate pictures. -I have seen it before!-
  • People saying disturbing things.
Etc etc... but to tell you the truth, if this is how these people want to continue acting, then it's their faults when they get reported + banned, just saying. They really need to wake up and smell the fresh coffee, because even though I'm eleven years old, I'm more mature then half of the *******ed idiots who think their sick thoughts will get them somewhere, and to the girls who expose themselves: why would you want to expose your body? What's wrong with clothes, you know? That thing that covers your body? That thing that's supposed to make sure your privates AREN'T showing? If not, think about it.

Sorry about the dramatic paragraph above. v__v But girls like that really p*ss me off.

, ana(:
credits go to KaraKupcakex for my gorgeous avatar !(:
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-20-2008, 07:13 AM

If you see people like that, PM support with their usernames here; also, it'd be a good idea to screenshot the chatrooms in Avchat and link to the bad pictures if you see any. And report what people say; screenshot that too.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#48 (permalink))
Old
x_____x (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-20-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
If you see people like that, PM support with their usernames here; also, it'd be a good idea to screenshot the chatrooms in Avchat and link to the bad pictures if you see any. And report what people say; screenshot that too.
Okay, thanks. :]
I'll do that next time I see something like that.

, ana(:
credits go to KaraKupcakex for my gorgeous avatar !(:
(#49 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 04-21-2008, 07:51 PM

And this is a kid's site! Geez...what has our world come too? I mean, not only do we have online sex offenders, but we also have just the regular morons who think its cool to watch South Park, Family Guy, and other mature shows like that and repeat it to girls. THERE IS A REASON ITS MADE IN HOLLYWOOD! And parent's don't seem to care what their children are watching or they are too weak or too much of a push over to do something about it. And I have reason to go on this rant because my 10-11 yr. old cuz watches these shows and he acts like a black player (no offense. I am not being racist or meaning to be racist in any way, shape, or form) and says extremely rude stuff to me and his sister. And I'm the only go da.mn person in my stupid family who seems to notice or give a sh*t about it.

Sorry about the rant, I'm in an odd mood. XD

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Default 04-21-2008, 08:00 PM

I sometimes visit the doll/avatar chats,but don't stay long because of the rude things being said. Most of it is just weird and offensive.