Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-15-2008, 05:56 PM

Beats me. O_o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-17-2008, 02:49 PM

Siiiiiiick.......

Why are the chinese, Japanese, and Asian's so flipping sexist?

In some asian countrys, women have to wear clothes that cover their entire bodys, Which is fine, but the fact that it signifys their insignifigance is NOT.

And I didn't mean they deserved it, I just said that alot of girls put themselves in danger, I mean jeeeeese.

Please hold your thunder, rockets and machine gun fire Kitty! I did not mean they deserved it, I meant it was their fault, for making themselves so vulnerable, and no, of course you and your Mother didn't deserve it, but that's from real life. I was refering to girls who risk themselves on the internet, because that's the subject here.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-17-2008, 05:06 PM

Okay, you're being a little racist there, Aaron and you're crossing the line; not ALL countries do anymore. Heck, nobody wears those ridiculous slit-up-the-side dresses in China anymore.

Seriously, get your facts straight. Please?

On topic, I want to know why girls, after hearing all this horrible sh*t about online predators, think they themselves alone are singularly safe from bad things?

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 04-17-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronShadows View Post
Please hold your thunder, rockets and machine gun fire Kitty! I did not mean they deserved it, I meant it was their fault, for making themselves so vulnerable,
It was their fault?

Aaron, that is way out of line. Get the hell out of this topic, or else.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-17-2008, 06:56 PM

OK, can we get back to the original topic please? No more off topic posts and if you find you are unable to discuss the subject without being offensive, then leave it.

The problem with a lot of these girls/boys is that they think "It won't happen to me, someone else but not me"; they think they're invincible. A lot of teens and pre'teens too act streetsmart but are in fact incredibly naive.

(#36 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-17-2008, 08:29 PM

Aaron, those girls are as real as me or Miranda or you. They may make stupid mistakes, but its not their fault. I thought after so many years of combatting that idea that society might've made some progress, but you just go to show me that rape victims can never expect to not be blamed for it.

The real problem with victims of any kind is they feel that it can never happen to themselves and ignore the warnings. Its the nature of teenagers especially to do that. This doesn't just apply to the internet, it applies to kids who go out and do hard drugs or join gangs or even drive home after a drink or two. Why should these girls be blamed when the moment something bad happens to those other kids it isn't their fault?

I'm no longer posting in this topic, I am too emotionally connected to it and don't wish to bite off heads. I think girls can make mistakes, but they shouldn't be blamed for being raped. It isn't their fault, it is the fault of the rapist for taking advantage of the victim.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 04-17-2008 at 08:32 PM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-18-2008, 08:06 PM

I think that some girls just want to be naive. I mean, when you hear those stories, you really and truly feel sympathic to the victim but you don't think that it'll happen to you. And then it does. I think that most girls who dress like sl*ts and wh*res and act this way is mainly for one of two reasons: One-they want some attention and this will give to them, obviously. Or two, they are just that naive. They are just stupid and...young. I mean, to some girls, guys opinions are everything. To others its not.

I agree with SWk. NOBODY! Again-NOBODY deserve to get raped, murdered, etc. To be violated like that is unimaginable. I personally make sure that I am known as the "prude" around my school. I don't dress in flashy clothes, I don't wear short skirts, I don't anything like that. Most girls do at my school.

I guess as much as we would like to change the world, we can only do one step at a time. We can only take one day at a time. Eventually, and hopefully, we will have a perfectly safe world. But untill then, we have to watch ourselves.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#38 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 04-18-2008, 08:38 PM

Exactly. Sometimes you have to give up things that you like to do/wear, and put extra work into being cautious, but its worth it to keep yourself safe.
As for internet, same deal. You may want to post up that picture of yourself or give out your city and highschool, but its a high risk situation that you should avoid.
No one deserves it, and in many "offline" cases there is nothing that could have been done to make the situation different except perhaps plop a weapon into the woman's hand. Online, stuff can still happen, there are hackers and things like that, but many predators get the info they need from the victim themselves. But if one can raise the percent chance of something happening to them by their actions, they can certainly lower it as well.

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
(#39 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 04-19-2008, 10:56 AM

Indeed.

Some girls actually do purposefully surround themselves in a bubble world, thinking everything will go their way, though. And, often enough, you find you can't change said individual's opinion of life. It'show things are, and some girls just won't listen.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-19-2008, 10:58 AM

I absolutely agree Duddetal. They put themselves at risk, they shouldn't, I don't care if half the world leader stormed into my house and demanded that I post private info, I wouldn't ever do it.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant