Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-14-2008, 11:51 AM

Yeah, but still! They must be a bit on the careless side to do that stuff.

I could swear there was a line down the middle..

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 04-14-2008, 12:26 PM

They are, but they're not asking to be r@ped, they just don't understand consequences.

Aaron, just stay quiet if you're going to mention things like that. KIDS SITE!

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-14-2008, 06:14 PM

Aaron, give up on the topic or you will once more be facing my eternal wrath. Girls make silly decisions, they put themselves in danger, but NEVER in a million years do they deserve to be raped. My mother was actually raped when she was 12 and I was nearly raped in 7th grade by someone I thought was a friend. Does the fact that we were laying on his bed watching a movie together mean I deserved it? Or maybe I did because it was summertime and I was wearing shorts? Did my mother, when a guy got her drunk and raped her, deserve it simply because she was young and went into his house and accepted a drink? Either way, it is not something you should ever say because you never know who you will offend with comments like that.

Now, enough of my personal life, I actually argued with the girl from myspace and she got upset because I suggested that her relationship wasn't going to last. Too much of an age difference to work out anyways and besides that fact, her boyfriend lived across the country and was going to "college" soon over there. I think we all know what can occur at college parties.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#24 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 04-14-2008, 07:20 PM

I do, however think that there are things girls can do to prevent harmful things from happening to them. These girls who risk themselves may not be asking for it per say, but they are definitely being stupid and raise their chances of something bad happening.

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-14-2008, 07:25 PM

Of course there is, I just find it very offensive when people shrug off rape and kidnappings and say they deserved it because they were stupid. I don't think anyone deserves to be violated like that, even if I also feel these girls are increasing their chances to be taken advantage of. As much as we all wish we could do whatever we want without worrying about it, we simply can't. I'm probably rambling now since I'm horribly tired from my trip to NYC and back in one day.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-14-2008, 07:28 PM

I liken doing dangerous things like these teens do to walking thru the Bronx waving wads of cash. You will more than likely get mugged. Do you deserve it? No, but by waving wads of cash you are putting yourself in danger.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 04-14-2008, 08:12 PM

I live in a bad part of town and I have to go thru a very 'ghetto' area in order to get to the grocers. However, I can protect myself by wearing jeans and a tshirt rather than a miniskirt and tube top...as well as the way you walk, and not distracting yourself while you are walking.
Similar things can help the girls on the internet from becoming prey!

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 04-15-2008, 11:45 AM

I see it that they don't deserve anything but a slap upside the noggin, but they send the wrong signals.
Plus, if you dress t@rtily, in a trial it'll actually be put against you and they'll sya that you wanted it. Sick, but true.

-Bernard Malamud
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-15-2008, 03:46 PM

In Japan, if a girl is r*ped, no matter what she was wearing, her stature, etc., it's automatically her fault.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 04-15-2008, 04:45 PM

How did they work that one out? O.o

-Bernard Malamud