Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 01-18-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana View Post
So how do people here (other than those who've already come in bringing friends with them, or already know people here) make friends?
Um... by talking to people on the forums and getting to know them? It's not like you make friends in real life by asking them "Hey, want to be friends?". You become friends gradually, talking, doing things together, etc.

Even if some stranger accepts your random friend request doesn't mean that you'll automatically be best friends from then on. I used to accept all friend requests, and most of the people never spoke to me again.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-18-2009, 10:43 AM

Not to mention the fact that the people here, like myself, who have friends here, didn't get them by just randomly asking people to be friends. -.- For example, I'm friends with Elanorea cuz I've known her for ages on the forum. I'm friends with Sarah and Wolfie cuz we RP together. We found things in common and became friends; it didn't happen overnight.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Louisiana (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 3 Votes / 3.00 Average
Thumbs up 01-18-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Not only are you viewing insults where there are none, just like last time; you have COMPLETELY missed the point to this rule. What Sarah's referring to is when complete strangers either send a person friend requests or PM out of the blue with a request for friends.

I get these a lot, from either newbies or from people who have broken rules in the past and think that as a mod, I have to be their friends. -.- I will not friend anyone who I don't know or who I know to be a known troublemaker, and sometimes these people will react nastily to my ignoring their PMs or refusing their friend requests.

This kind of thing not only happens to mods, but also to a lot of the older forum members. I suggest that you get all the facts first before you start flinging wild accusations about, especially at Sarah who's a mod and is therefore not going to be telling people not to friend others.
Thanks so much for the clarification--I was merely curious about that rule which I'll admit I misunderstood.

And thanks to everyone else who responded to my comment by saying that people become friends over time when they find things in common--I found this extremely helpful and constructive in providing an answer to my question.

And I myself am not one who will try to "friend" a lot of others randomly--I've just tried to friend 2 or 3 people (not mods) who've said things I agreed with or otherwise seem to have things in common with me. And if they accept my friend request, fine--if not, that's OK, too.

Sure God created Man before Woman--but don't you always make a rough draft--before the final masterpiece?