Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 02-10-2008, 01:41 AM

*shrugs*

Its not really my opinion, just what I had to study.

Personally, I think that everyones their own person, and saying that girls like girly things and boy like boyish things is just a blanket term that was revelant back in the days when everyone had to fit into said role because there was no toher way, when men went out to work and women stayed at home cooking over a fireplace, the generalisation continued on, but as more things became acceptable for other genders, it became less relevant.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
orangedino67 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-12-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
It's like people who throw a fit if a boy wants to study hairdressing or cook for a living, even tho there are loads of male hairdressers and chefs. The same goes for people who say that girls can't be mechanics or footballers.
Your totally right Miranda_!Anyway,I like football and I`m better then most of the football players in my neiborhood,and most of them are older then me,and there all boys!!It`s no fair!My dad is sooooo afraid I`m going to hurt myself!I`ve been playing for at least a year and haven`t hurt myself exept for a minor scratch!I wish things would change!!!It`s just no fair!Like girls just freak out if they see a worm, and boys act like we are deadly and we shouldn`t even think of even touching them let alone being in 50ft.distance of them,and EXPESIALLY paying the same sport mas them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avi&Siggy by xxMeggieMaggot

tumblr.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 07-11-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
xPapercut (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 02-12-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
I want to go into videogame design or something of the sort; everytime someone asks me what I want to do and I tell them that, they look at me like I've sprouted 3 extra heads. -.-
Omg I do too ;D

And it's society. And in some way the shops. Boys' toys are packaged in dark blue or the sort, indicating they're for boys. Girls in pink.

Personally I like light blue more than pink.

sugar_snow_fairy with a new account since my old one was deleted. Please add me again if you're my friend. =]
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-18-2008, 07:11 PM

Women can't do everything men can do; men are physically stronger than women. That's not sexism, that's a scientific fact. However, women are able to multitask which more than makes up for it.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 07-11-2010 at 11:40 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Default 02-18-2008, 08:28 PM

Yeah, muscle strength is deemed by levels of testosterone, obviously men have much more testosterone than women do.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 02-18-2008, 09:01 PM

Unless in the case of steroids. XD

Quick facts about me:

1) I am the best at most video games I've played. (Minus Halo. XD)
2) I can skateboard - in real life and in Tony Hawk games (which I've happened to beat ALL of.)
3) I burp more often then most of my guy friends... true fact. XD
4) I LOVE football, and I'm GREAT at playing it. That's not bragging, it's the truth. Not many people I know, male or female, can throw a spiral like I can.
5) I eat like a guy (pig). My friends have to keep reminding me that forks are made for a REASON. ((Mmmm... Cake... Lol.))
6) I have more guy friends then girl ones and have the ability to talk to males easier then to women.
7) For most of my younger life, my favourite colour was blue.
8.) I only noticed this about a week ago, but my loss of weight has created a bit of a six-pack. Not to mention, my strong arms and (apparently...) legs.
9) I love beer. XD
10) I can't stand most 'girly' music. I like punk, hardcore, rock, etc. Lol.
11) And last, but not least, the biggest guy in my grade thinks I could kick his ass due to my... violent streaks...

I've taken a whole lot of animation and computer courses in hopes to become a video game designer. If not that, I'll find something. XD

The only real difference between me and my guy friends is appearance.

It's funny, a few days ago, three of my guy buds were talking about what they look for in a girl (and I was there, duh.) and my friend Hayden said, "They can't be buffer then me." and then another friend goes, "Count Hayley out then." ((It was kinda more of a joke because my friend Hayden's fairly big and strong looking. XD But for most guys, that'd be true.))
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-19-2008, 06:59 AM

In the case of rock music, there were actually a few girl rock bands in the 80s; for example, Vixen and Girlschool. But rock and metal is pretty much male; some people group girl bands and singers that aren't actually rock in the genre, which gets on my nerves. Avril Lavigne is not rock, and neither is Amy Winehouse. Both started off as pop, but changed their images to make more money; plus their music isn't rock music.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 02-19-2008, 07:19 PM

Don't know who she is, don't care.

And the red thing is interesting, I shall clothe my child in blood red!

I'm also a mixture. I loved dresses for the attention it brought me and the compliments, but I LOVED bugs! BUUUGS! I put spiders on my arms, played with beetles the size of the glass peice for glasses.

I would play extremely violent games with my brother with loads of killing, then I'd go and play house with dolls with my sister (though I tended to make the dolls go through adventures, like actors in movies).

I dressed up when I wanted attention, I wore whaatever was at the top in the drawers every other day. XD

As for the rocker thing, are there any current real female rockers? I haven't really seen any, but I don't pay attention to the media at all anyways (waste of time, in my opinion).

~~~~~~
Point is, we are raised a certain way to believe certain things. I don't know why I resisted most of it as a child (except for the dresses, which was just a cry for attention), I just did. *shrugs* It might have to do with my older brother, who taught me the values of individuality.

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Default 02-20-2008, 10:47 PM

I never had girls things or boy things pushed onto me, maybe thats why im so passive about the whole idea.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-21-2008, 06:30 AM

I don't plan to have kids, but if I did I'd dress them in black. XD