Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default The klu klux klan - 12-24-2007, 11:45 AM

Okay, im not entirely sure how to start this, but i have an anouncment to make: The Klu klux klan are a disgrace to humanity!!!! I want to dip the ****ing basterds in hot tar, followed bye a little swim in acid!!!

This is some stuff i got in Wikipedeia:

Ku Klux Klan (KKK) is the name of several past and present organizations in the United States that have advocated white supremacy, anti-Semitism, anti-Catholicism, racism, homophobia, anti-Communism and nativism. These organizations have often used terrorism, violence, and acts of intimidation, such as cross burning and lynching, to oppress African Americans and other social or ethnic groups.
The Klan's first incarnation was in 1866. Founded by veterans of the Confederate Army, its main purpose was to resist Reconstruction, and it focused as much on intimidating "carpetbaggers" and "scalawags" as on putting down the freed slaves. The KKK quickly adopted violent methods. A rapid reaction set in, with the Klan's leadership disowning violence and Southern elites seeing the Klan as an excuse for federal troops to continue their activities in the South. The organization was in decline from 1868 to 1870 and was destroyed in the early 1870s by President Ulysses S. Grant's vigorous action under the Civil Rights Act of 1871 (also known as the Ku Klux Klan Act).
In 1915, a second distinct group was founded using the same name. It was inspired by the newfound power of the modern mass media, via the film The Birth of a Nation and inflammatory anti-Semitic newspaper accounts surrounding the trial and lynching of accused murderer Leo Frank. The second KKK was a formal fraternal organization, with a national and state structure, that paid thousands of men to organize local chapters all over the country. At its peak in the early 1920s, the organization included about 15% of the nation's eligible population, approximately 45 million men. The second KKK typically preached racism, anti-Catholicism, anti-Communism, nativism, and anti-Semitism. Some local groups took part in lynchings and other violent activities, but violence occurred mostly in the South, which had a tradition of lawlessness. Its popularity fell during the Great Depression, and membership fell further during World War II because of scandals resulting from prominent members' crimes and its support of the *****.
The name "Ku Klux Klan" has since been used by many different unrelated groups, including many who opposed the Civil Rights Act and desegregation in the 1950s and 1960s, with members of these groups eventually being convicted of murder and manslaughter in the deaths of civil rights workers and children (such as in the bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church in Alabama, the assassination of NAACP organizer Medgar Evers, and the murders of three civil rights workers in Mississippi). Today, it is estimated that there are as many as 150 Klan chapters with up to 8,000 members nationwide.[3] These groups, with operations in separated small local units, are considered extreme hate groups. The modern KKK has been repudiated by all mainstream media, political and religious leaders.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-24-2007, 01:32 PM

And a sicker part of it? The American goverment "Can't do anything about it" because that'd be "suppression of religion." It isn't suppression of religion if it's saving innocent lives.

Reason number 215 why I hate my own country.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-24-2007, 02:45 PM

*tries to come up with some words* 8 THOUSAND MEMBERS! Why the hell isn't the government doing anything? Save lives or save my @ss...hmm...personally, I would lives but noooo...the stupid American f*cking government is too f*cking busy saving their own f*cking @sses to do any-f*cking-thing about it.

Stupid American Government.

And I agree with you Wolfie.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#4 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-24-2007, 03:25 PM

omg. People are getting ****ed off at the US gov again.
Not that I like them, it just bothers me when everyone goes against them...
Like it's gonna help.
The gov won't do anything, so the people have to take it into their hands. :3
(#5 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-24-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Wolf View Post
And a sicker part of it? The American goverment "Can't do anything about it" because that'd be "suppression of religion." It isn't suppression of religion if it's saving innocent lives.

Reason number 215 why I hate my own country.
You really don't like living there do you? personnaly i love ireland, we had the IRA a while ago but they weren't killing people without motive. Where as the ku klux klan just kill black people for no reason at all, sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singergirl509 View Post
*tries to come up with some words* 8 THOUSAND MEMBERS! Why the hell isn't the government doing anything?

Stupid American Government.

And I agree with you Wolfie.
That many???!! 8000 members? Never mind suppresion of religion, save lives!!

Last edited by Miranda_ : 07-12-2009 at 05:15 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
alabamablonde13 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-24-2007, 09:24 PM

I live really close to Pulaski, TN, which is where the KKK originated. They had a march and rally in Athens which is even closer to me a few months ago. They good thing is that no one that showed up supported them and they got booed.

They hate everyone, not just black people. the rally they held was anti Hispanic. They hate white people who aren't racist, too.

I would rather be scolded for doing what is right than praised for doing what is wrong.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-24-2007, 09:45 PM

There really is no KKK in Canada. I actually almost forgot they existed, actually. Maybe it's just because I'm so used to being multicultural. ((My Highschool is the most multicultural in all of Ontario, and one of the most in Canada!)) I never even think about race often.

I really do think the American Government should do something about it, and yes I also think they already have a lot on their hands. But do you have any IDEA how much funding goes into the whole Iraq thing PER DAY?! A LOT more then probably all the people on TDP combined MULTIPLIED by TEN! It's just a lot of money and I think they really don't need that much funding to be invading a place they should have gotten out of years ago.

All that money they could spend on making their OWN country a better place....
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-24-2007, 10:32 PM

People, lets cut down on the language please. I know this is an emotional topic, but cussing isn't going to make you feel better and it only creates work for us when we have to edit it out.

I've never been particularly interested in the KKK. The fact of the matter is that groups like this have existed as long as humans have had civilization and its not about to stop anytime soon. I can name quite a few gangs, groups, and people who have commited the same if not worse crimes than the KKK on even sillier ideas. Try the Mexican Mafia, Aryan Brotherhood, Black Guerilla Family, Crips, Bloods, or any gang group, not to mention famous things like the Holocaust or Stalin's Purges.

I'm not trying to make this seem unimportant, but as you get older you will realize that human history is just a long tale of discrimination.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#9 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-25-2007, 01:33 AM

True. You know what ticks me off the most though. Its that America is supposed to be anti-racists. We are supposed to be a melting pot of many cultures working in harmony. *laughs* As if that will ever happen. And I think that the US spends about 15 billion dollars a day on Iraq-excuse me- the "War on Terrisom". And yet we're still spending money on other countries. Like in Bangladesh(sp?), we gave about 5 million, I think, and yet we don't have Katrina cleaned up. I can't wait for somebody to get into the Presidency and Congress who will actually do a d@mn good job and get something done. But that's like waiting for my parents to get back together. Useless and hopeless. I just hope Hilary doesn't get in. Don't why, my parents don't like her. Plus Clinton doesn't need that...place anymore.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#10 (permalink))
Old
alabamablonde13 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-25-2007, 04:29 AM

To be honest, it doesn't really matter who's in office. All the American government cares about is money, and they they don't care how many animals and people have to suffer for them to get it.

I would rather be scolded for doing what is right than praised for doing what is wrong.