Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-25-2007, 08:59 AM

There are always going to be racists, sadly; and people driven by prejudice. I remember once meeting a girl who seemed alright til she pointed at a mate of mine and said, "Wish they wouldn't let that kind in here." "That's one of my mates," I replied icily, and walked away from her. I could not believe her attitude, and neither could any of my other mates. In the end, we got the host (we were at a party) to ask her to leave before she was kicked out.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-25-2007, 09:34 AM

Yeah, but we're going off subject, what could we do about the Ku klux klan? The answer: spam every discussion site we can find with anti-KKK posts.

I mean it people, who's with me?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-25-2007, 09:44 AM

I don't think spam is the answer; and there's not a great deal we can do about them. If the government did get off their butts and ban the clan, they'd only go underground. It would be like trying to dissolve the Mafia.

We have the BNP over here, who have a lot of the same views; all we can do is make sure they don't get any seats.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 12-25-2007, 02:25 PM

What's the BNP? Are they big n' pointy? Or perhaps Bigots n' Prats.

I live with a rascist, my dad. He's also a sexist, anti-g@y and ageist. It's really annoying, and my brother is almost exactly the same.

That said though, there may be a load of rascists, but there's also a load of people who aren't that way, and they'll get recognition too, even ones that maybe don't fully agree with it.
Like the Singer/Actress Marlene Deitrech. During WWII she sang Anti-Nazi songs, even though she was German and Hitler had actually courted her at one point. She'd turned him down as well. She was kind of hated in Germany for it, but when she was asked why she did it she said 'It was the decent thing to do'.
How good is that?

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#15 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-25-2007, 02:48 PM

At least some people got their thinking straight. XD

My family isn't at all racist, or sexist. But they are all anti-g@y. It's the whole religion thing and all - even though I'm not religious. My mom went to church in her youth, and my dad developed all his anti-g@y thoughts from my grandpa.

However, we talk about racism like it's only against African Americans, but most racism, however, is against Whites. 70%, actually. About 20% is against African Americans and 10% against Asians.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-25-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I don't think spam is the answer; and there's not a great deal we can do about them. If the government did get off their butts and ban the clan, they'd only go underground. It would be like trying to dissolve the Mafia.

We have the BNP over here, who have a lot of the same views; all we can do is make sure they don't get any seats.
Good point Miranda, if the're out in the open they can't kill as many innocents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_K_O_M View Post
What's the BNP? Are they big n' pointy? Or perhaps Bigots n' Prats.

I live with a rascist, my dad. He's also a sexist, anti-g@y and ageist. It's really annoying, and my brother is almost exactly the same.

That said though, there may be a load of rascists, but there's also a load of people who aren't that way, and they'll get recognition too, even ones that maybe don't fully agree with it.
Like the Singer/Actress Marlene Deitrech. During WWII she sang Anti-Nazi songs, even though she was German and Hitler had actually courted her at one point. She'd turned him down as well. She was kind of hated in Germany for it, but when she was asked why she did it she said 'It was the decent thing to do'.
How good is that?
My god Sarah, and i thought i was bad off with my dad being racist and weightist.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 12-25-2007 at 04:00 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-25-2007, 04:03 PM

Sarah, the BNP is the British National Party. They're basically a bunch of facists. Think that's how you spell it... anyway, they want all non Brits out of Britain; and they include black, aisian and Islamic people in that too, even the ones who were born here. Cuz of all the terrorist attacks, their popularity has sadly risen in recent years.

And yeah, there is a lot of black on white crime and black on white racism. I've had a black girl shout at me at work cuz I refused to serve her on the grounds that she looked under 18; she called me a white b*tch and implied that the reason I wasn't serving her was cuz she was black. No, it was cuz she looked about 15 and I rather like my job; I don't mean to lose it by serving underage people.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 12-25-2007, 04:11 PM

That's intensely scr*wy, Miranda. O.o

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-25-2007, 04:15 PM

I know. Sadly there are a lot of people like that; they come in every race and flavour; we call them "stupid people". XD

(#20 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 12-25-2007, 04:27 PM

I think they're being counter racial, but they should know that isent gonna get anyone to care about them, so yeah, they are stupid.