Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Atheism - 11-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Atheism is not a phase; I was raised a Christian and made up my own mind at the age of fourteen. However, there are some people who just can't accept this; I just shut them up by telling them I'm half Satanist and half Atheist. And that's LaVeyan Satanism, if anyone wants to know. Some people don't seem to realise that respect goes both ways.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-14-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-23-2007, 05:21 PM

I know, I absolutely hate it when people tell me that Christ will always come back to me. I'm Wiccan and that's that. I don't care what you say or your own religious beliefs say, I have my own ways and they'll stay that way. Well, that's what I think, anyways.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3

Last edited by LadyBast0911 : 11-23-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-23-2007, 05:47 PM

I like it when people go "Have you found Jesus?" XD I just say, "You lost your own deity?" xD They shouldn't be so careless with him.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to xomusicluvaa
Default 11-23-2007, 08:22 PM

yeah im aithiest 2. i respect other religions but i think science is more logical than just 2 people populating the entire planet. my mom says its really god to belive in some thing tho so me and my friend are considering becoming pastatarians (we read about it on the internet. its for the fsm lol. its REALLY funny.)

( M E ) J E S S I C A ( M E )
(NOUN)- ANNOYING 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRUD WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HER. ALSO SEE: TWILIGHT FREAK, FLYLEAF FAN, PARAMORE FAN, AND BOOK WORM.
Avi credit to
-- XSabaXx

ohmigod look it's my website!
lets all click the link!!!

thanks delly for the button!

(#5 (permalink))
Old
koolus9 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-24-2007, 07:21 AM

when i was little because of the mix in my family (jewish baptist and catholics) I went to church 5 days a week for a long time which just left me being agnostic. I believe in god but don't commit to a religion or necessarily believe in the bible. Maybe god is the one who set up evolution. But anyways, I seriously hate religious people who push their beliefs and think it's the only way, and I seriously hate aetheists who think they're smarter than everyone else because they dont believe in god. Everyone has a right to their opinion. But well if people who believe in god are dumb you might want to go back in time and tell Einstein that (he was jewish). I try to stay out of religious debates. Because of my church experiences I know more about religions than almost anyone I know and all of it just confuses me, but aetheism is too solemn for my taste.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-24-2007, 01:21 PM

Solemn? Hardly. Atheism is the least serious, apart from Satanism, of all belief and non beliefs. XD My mother's Christian and my dad's Jewish; and we all get along very well. ^^ That's cuz we respect each other's views on religion.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Like it should be. Most of my teachers are Christian and whenever we end up on Religion, they almost always try to prove their point. Even my Science teacher who believes in God and NOT evolution. She only teaches us the evolution theory because she has to.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 11-24-2007, 05:03 PM

Ugh. I actually hate teachers who don't have any religious background. We were studying evolution last year, and my teacher (he's cursed, I swear. No one liked him, he wasn't hygenic...anywho...) taught the lesson as if it were the only way. I would believe 100% in it if there weren't missing links.

But I also hate science teachers who teach it wrong because they don't believe in it.

I do believe in evolution, however, because organisms have to slowly become more advanced. Humans just don't pop up on Earth without any ancestors.

I don't enjoy reading the Bible, either. If they made a teenage one "The Ten Rules" or something instead of "The Ten Commandments," I would probably read it. But I can't draw connections and make lessons out of it easily.

I respect other views. That's a very important virtue in life. If you can't respect other's beliefs, no one will like you.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-24-2007, 05:09 PM

I believe in evolution cause, like you said, it makes more sense then people randomly appearing.

And the bible could have, and more then likely has, been changed so many times that most of it isn't even close to how it was in the original.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-24-2007, 05:11 PM

It could even be a great fiction novel. O.o