Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#81 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-30-2009, 05:26 AM

I don't believe that either heaven or hell exists; it's just an easy way of frightening people into behaving themselves. Now, as an atheist, if I follow a moral code, that makes me a good person; in some ways, a better person than someone who's only doing good cuz God tells them to. I have also known some terrible hypocrites over the years, who are proud Christians, yet don't behave very "christian" at all.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#82 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 12-30-2009, 07:41 AM

I hate those kind. -.- Tey give normal Christians like me a bad name.

I have lots of atheist and even a few satanist friends at school, and I do not shove my beliefs down their throat, thught I do let them know what I believe and ask them not to bash my religion right in front of me. (By bashing I mean really bashing, not pointing out things they simply do not understand/agree with; I encourage that, almost, because it makes me think about what I believe and why.)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#83 (permalink))
Old
dropdead_x (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-05-2010, 12:15 PM

I was raised agnostic by my mother and my father is an atheist.We mainly just belive in spirituality.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-06-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketship_ View Post
I don't believe in that God will wipe my memory. o_o
In fact, I believe that the moment you die, you wake up fully conscious in either Heaven or Hell, with full memory of how you got there, where you came from, and what you experienced.
I think it must be one of those more extreme views. I know I don't believe it as a universalist. Seems a bit odd since you would never understand why you are getting what you got in the afterlife.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#85 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-06-2010, 05:30 PM

Yeah, it is. O.o The Bible doesn't actually say that, it only says that all the suffering you've been through on earth won't happen in Heaven... some people just like to take that to extremes and interpret it a certain way.

(#86 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 01-29-2010, 06:45 PM

I'm atheist and I believe in the Big Bang and Evolution. I'm sorry but I just cannot comprehend the Creationism idea. Just like many can't comprehend evolution. I respect ALL religions but I hate when people don't respect my non-religion.

I, make dollz.