Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#71 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-28-2008, 12:08 PM

What are the different theories for Atheist's about the creation of the world? I know the Big Bang Theory is one, are there others?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#72 (permalink))
Old
xMae_Babii_X (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 8 Votes / 3.75 Average
Default Help? - 10-17-2009, 10:24 PM

Alright, so i think i might be an Atheist (someone who doesn't believe in god), but i don't know how to tell my family & i don't tell friends or anybody.
Because i think i will be treated differently.
Should i wait.. or should i tell my parents/family?

Please help..

Below the influence. Still higher than you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#73 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-19-2009, 10:02 AM

Depends how sure you are. I was fifteen when I became completely sure that I didn't believe in any god. I told my parents, who accepted my lack of belief, even if they didn't agree. I still am sure, several years on, that when we die we rot in the ground and that the point of life is to enjoy it. I've been bashed for thinking that, but to me, it's the people who bash me who should be ashamed of themselves.

(#74 (permalink))
Old
xMae_Babii_X (Offline)
Silent

Default 10-19-2009, 08:51 PM

I think we just wander the face of the earth, where no one can hear us but ourselves & dead them self, & if you do something, say you hit someone, they don't feel it..

In a way i still believe in god.. But not so much, so i guess i'm still deciding..
(#75 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-20-2009, 06:32 AM

That sounds more like agnostic, where you beleive in a higher force, but not necessarily God.

(#76 (permalink))
Old
xMae_Babii_X (Offline)
Silent

Default 10-20-2009, 05:40 PM

yeah,

Well i was just curious about it all,
(#77 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 10-24-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
The Earth is far older than the Bible claims it is. Women were not created from a man's rib, and nothing bad will happen if you choose to eat shellfish. About the only thing I think that really happened was the flood; there's a story about a great flood in both Egyptian and Greek mythology. That's really the nub of it; if a Bible story has back up elsewhere, then it really happened. Otherwise, it's just a fairy story created by some brilliant novelist.
Perhaps that was the end of the last ice age? It would explain it and also support the theory that the earth just churns up carbon dioxide by itself, which causes a life cycle of everything freezes > everything melts enough for life to flourish > everything melts more and life drowns > everything freezes again.

*nails a sign saying 'ATHEIST LIVES HERE' over his door* xD

Anyone who doesn't like my view on god can Cry moar. =D

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#78 (permalink))
Old
cwer (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 20 Votes / 4.15 Average
Default 12-29-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Atheism is not a phase; I was raised a Christian and made up my own mind at the age of fourteen. However, there are some people who just can't accept this; I just shut them up by telling them I'm half Satanist and half Atheist. And that's LaVeyan Satanism, if anyone wants to know. Some people don't seem to realise that respect goes both ways.
im glad im not the only one on the board who is :[. my dad was raised by a heavy crazy christian family and as was my mom. They tried to raise me in a church culture(right word :P?) but i just can't make myself believe no matter how much i want to. I want to believe somewhat because i don't want to die knowing that I won't ever see anyone again. (in the same mind if that makes sense?? ) But I am researching buddhism (buddhism for dummies for that matter and the translated Tibetan book of the dead) and i think that if i was not to be atheist then i would be (my beliefs) most closely related to buddhism. It's just hard for me to believe any of the stories in the bible unless they were tall tales(or just a story that grew into something big) or just a metaphoric story.
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-29-2009, 09:09 PM

Well, this sounds dark, but many Christians believe after death your memory is wiped, not that you will remember everyone after you die or meet together. I can't remember the part of the Bible that they say claims this, but they are certain that after death, God will wipe your memory to relieve you of the pain of leaving your loved ones.

Bit strange to me personally. I wouldn't want to forget the people I love, even if it pained me to know we are not together. It just seems terrible to me, especially since I wouldn't be a person anymore, just a pod.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#80 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 12-29-2009, 11:11 PM

I don't believe in that God will wipe my memory. o_o
In fact, I believe that the moment you die, you wake up fully conscious in either Heaven or Hell, with full memory of how you got there, where you came from, and what you experienced.

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.