Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-28-2007, 06:46 PM

We've all had our moments of causing chaos. Heck, my early days consisted of chatspeaking and flaming members I hated. I spammed like crazy, but I straightened out.... and erased all the proof xD

Now, lets all get back on topic. Miranda, I found the funniest quote on that site involving women and pillows. Apparently God really hates them both, especially when combined through sewing!

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-28-2007, 06:53 PM

Not... pillows? Oh the humanity! O.o What have pillows ever done to God? XD

That site I linked you to has loads of great quotes. XD Like this one:

Quote:
"And Cain knew his wife." That's nice, but where the hell did she come from? 4:17
The bible never seems to mention where all the early women came from, just the men. XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-28-2007, 09:11 PM

Oh, you know where they came from xD God probably stole some more of Adam's ribs, which would eventually cause his chest to cave in I believe.

(#44 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-29-2007, 07:29 AM

Good point. In any case, take Christmas for example. Apparently Jesus was not born in December at all; they just moved Christmas to December to force people away from celebrating Yule. Check the calendar; most Christian celebrations happen at the same time as pagan ones.

(#45 (permalink))
Old
Rose36 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-29-2007, 03:42 PM

^ That was done for a specific purpose- to help new converts better integrate themselves into Christianity. After all, if you were already celebrating for one god at that time, why not the other then? The Christian god was portrayed as being powerful because it was the official god of the mighty Roman Empire after Constantine. It was advantageous to follow Christianity- to avoid p3rsecution as well as possibly move up in status.

I understand your points about strange things in the Bible. Originally many of the rules served specific roles- after all, shellfish can still be dangerous if not cleaned and cooked properly, and in ancient times food was undoubtedly less heathily taken care of. Consider the Bible as a collection of histories, laws, texts, letters, stories, songs, and poems of the Hebrew and later the new Christian peoples. It is a historical text that showcases real people and events, the laws that governed them, and more. True, it was written by multiple people, and humans are prone to error. Nevertheless, the books that did end up in the compiled Bible were chosen to serve specific roles in governing and guiding future generations, and so it did. Mind you, this is what I believe, so take no offense please because I mean none

(#46 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-30-2007, 06:45 AM

EDIT: Please read this in a soft voice, as it is meant to be written. Thid is not shouting, I was relatively calm while writing this, and all.

I, personally, am a Christian, but tend to not push my religion. I find it rude. sure, I'll let people know I myself am christian, but i don't hate others for their views. Hell, just to say so, we're taught in my church that God gave us a choice in the matter, and I won't go hatin' on people not like myself.

Yes, I cuss. Just don't ask unless you want me to type in several mor paragraphs...

Anywho, my view is basically that I'lll be friends with anyone (I'm grudge retarded, and can't hold a grudge on anyone for more than an hour, when i say anyone, i pretty much mean it! I drive my friends insane, though..). Your view isn't somthing I'll let get in the way of the bonds of friendship, and stuff.As for religious debates, i think some people get so into it, into winning the agruement, that they forget that they're agruing with other people. People with feelings, ambitions, and dreams.

As for Christmas, it makes the snow bearable, does it not? Well, at least for me. i like it in winter, especially since it and the other religious holdiays in this season give us school kids a nice break in about the middle of the school year. Actually, i'm sure our brains would fry without a break...

(#47 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-30-2007, 02:54 PM

Its interesting that you feel that way about evolution and God because I've always felt similarly. I think, to an extent, something else helped with things a bit, but also that we did evolve and develop.

Has anyone seen the Chick Tracts comics? They basically are Christian propaganda. Here's a lovely example:
Big Daddy?
Just thought someone might find them interesting.

(#48 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-30-2007, 03:30 PM

Actually, for all we know, God could've made evolution...

It says, like, that Gos took "six days" to ceate everything, but, in another passage, it was that an entire human lifespan is like a single breath to God. In that case... what's a single "day" to him??

Just thought I'd throw that particular view out there. I, myself, don't know what to think on this part of the matter anymore... people argue over it too much!!!

(#49 (permalink))
Old
influx (Offline)

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-12-2007, 02:54 PM

This thread is very philosophical. For that reason (intellectual clarity, if you will) I want to toss this out:

If "Nobody's opinion can be wrong", what about the opinions of people like Hitler who thought it was okay to genocide certain religious and racial groups?

Intro to philosophy 101 sort of forces you to define terms.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-12-2007, 03:13 PM

Yeah. And he didn't just genocide religious and racial groups either; he genocided the disabled, the homosexuals, and others.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm