Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-25-2007, 10:48 PM

Lol. I was so far in rant, I wasn't even paying attention to what I was saying. Anyway... It's not like I know all that much about Christianity. I'll be the first to admit that I don't. I know what I learn through friends.

*yawns, for it is getting late* I'm just going to say what you said is right and go to bed...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
koolus9 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-25-2007, 10:53 PM

What I meant IS no one should state their Opinion of it being Fictional as Fact or vice versa. If it is fact or if it is fiction either way it is still opinion which I still say yet again everyone has a right to their opinion. Jees. As I said in the post above yours I AM NOT a religious advocate nor am I aetheist. I am entirely mutual.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-25-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetahja94 View Post
And one last note of this rather long post, the bible NEVER says the earth was created only a few thousand years ago. Give me the book, chapter, and verse, otherwise it says NO WHERE that the Earth was created way too late. There is scientific proof that the Earth is ancient, but the existance of humans as we know them today...that could be what it was referring to.
It has been indicated through interpretation of it.

Beliefs in the Earth's age

I feel that gives a fairly accurate description of the Young vs. Old Earth debate.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-26-2007, 11:25 AM

Also, there is no mention of dinosaurs, plus a lot of the advice in the bible contradicts itself.

The following site isn't work safe, and should not be clicked if you are strongly religious; if you are and do click it I can't be held responsible for the consequences. XD

Skeptic's Annotated Bible / Quran / Book of Mormon

Example:

Quote:
Genesis 1:29 God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. Since many plants have evolved poisons to protect against animals that would like to eat them, God's advice is more than a little reckless. Would you tell your children to go out in the garden and eat whatever plants they encounter? Of course not. But then, you are much nicer and smarter than God.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 11-26-2007, 05:55 PM

Koolus, you have no right to demand that no one can state their opinion about whether they think that the bible is fiction or fact. Personally, I just think it a load of BS. It may have some facts to it but it doesn't appeal to me. I believe in the Lady and the Lord. I am also wiccan and proud.

The Bible, in my opinion, is basically a rule of thumb. Besides, I personally don't agree with the Christian or Catholic faith. A) The Catholic's are just...like politician's. They normally mean well, but are basically corrupt. Besides, they have done some pretty...interesting things. Honours World History teaches you A LOT!! B) Christian faith just doesn't help me. I frankly can't believe in something where to me it puts down women. Wicca doesn't do that.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-26-2007, 09:29 PM

singer, I think when you get older you will find the religion itself isn't that bad. In fact, all religions have the same basic concepts. Its only when people try to take control that it becomes horribly corrupted. May I suggest reading The Mists of Avalon? It is appealing due to the paganism, which I know you will be able to relate to like I did, but also gives a lot of insight into the oneness of religions and deities.

Miranda, that quote alone is going to make me read that xD

(#27 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 11-26-2007, 09:43 PM

Kitty, I totally understand that religion itself isn't horrible. Its the people who try to control you. Like you said. I will see if I can get the Mists of Avalon from my school library and read it. Thanks for the suggestion on the book. I've been wanting something to read. XD

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#28 (permalink))
Old
koolus9 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Default 11-26-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singergirl509 View Post
Koolus, you have no right to demand that no one can state their opinion about whether they think that the bible is fiction or fact. Personally, I just think it a load of BS. It may have some facts to it but it doesn't appeal to me. I believe in the Lady and the Lord. I am also wiccan and proud.

The Bible, in my opinion, is basically a rule of thumb. Besides, I personally don't agree with the Christian or Catholic faith. A) The Catholic's are just...like politician's. They normally mean well, but are basically corrupt. Besides, they have done some pretty...interesting things. Honours World History teaches you A LOT!! B) Christian faith just doesn't help me. I frankly can't believe in something where to me it puts down women. Wicca doesn't do that.
Oh dear goodness I don't know how many times I have put down or need to put down again that I said EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO THEIR OPINION!!!!!!! Again just for the sake of it i said EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO THEIR OPINION. ALL that i meant was that im not fond of when people state their opinion as fact, and that is for people who DO believe in the bible and people who don't. Which is my OPINION... that everyone should have a right to their opinion so quit attacking my completely misinterpretted one when all I am saying is that I totally friggin agree that everyone should have a right to their opinion on both parties... now someone is going to post again about how Im not letting other people have the right to their opinion.... no mattter how many times I put this....

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-26-2007, 10:42 PM

Wait, I'm a little confused by something else you said.

Quote:
ALL that i meant was that im not fond of when people state their opinion as fact, and that is for people who DO believe in the bible and people who don't.
Aren't you stating once more that we all don't hae the right to state our opinions as facts and do at the same time? I don't believe in the Bible, but you said I can't state my opinion as fact when thats for people who do or do not believe in the Bible. My opinion is technically a fact. Its a fact that I believe the Bible is crap and plenty of the points we brought up were facts too.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
koolus9 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Default 11-26-2007, 10:51 PM

you have every right to say that you think the bible is crap Im not saying you don't.. what i dont think people should do is say that everyone else is wrong and they're right. It's a fact that it's your opinion but it's not a fact that the bible is true or not... get what I mean? All that I have been trying to say over and over again is that some people are righteous about their opinions, religious people and non religious people. Both sides can be pushy.. sometimes aetheists arent respectful of ppl who believe in the bible and sometimes ppl who believe in the bible arent respectful to people who don't. Holy jees. I am saying a completely mutual thing here. why is this so hard???

And the above is MY OPINION... now you have a right to yours and I have a right to mine.... I have seen Aetheists call people who believe in the bible dumb and I have seen people who believe in the bible call aetheists dumb.. ALL I have been trying to say 50 times is that I dont think it's right to do that for either party.. If you think my opinion is wrong FINE but that is why it is an opinion. I have mine and you have yours

Last edited by Miranda_ : 11-27-2007 at 05:27 PM.