Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-24-2007, 05:16 PM

Also, I've heard that a bishop changed a huge section of it to include anti-homosexuality, which bugs me because that shouldn't have been valid.

But I'm not sure, I'm still looking for info about it, but my friend mighta been wrong. :\

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-24-2007, 09:54 PM

Ugh! I swear, when people talk about religion, its a no-win situation. My grandpa and his wife(I refuse to call her my grandmother because my real grandmother died) are baptist and I went over there one night and Brenda(his wife) found one of my wiccan books. We had a 45 or so minute talk about religion and she pretty much said that I was going to hell. Surprisingly, I actually kept my cool.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-24-2007, 10:08 PM

The Bible technically is a huge fiction novel. It was written by multiple authors and when it was compiled, lots of "books" were completely thrown out. It was meant to manipulate the masses, that simple.

As for "religious phases", I think when you are younger you go through different phases, but it isn't anyone's place to tell you that. I was an atheist(more so of an agnostic) until I discovered Wicca. I say it was a phase, but not the negative type.

What I really hate is religious people who basically come after you in the streets. Near my mother's house, we are constantly being harassed by jehovah's witnesses.

(Note: I meant no offense to any religion, go believe what you want to. I just think organized religion is meant to control the masses)

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#14 (permalink))
Old
koolus9 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Default 11-25-2007, 01:37 AM

organized religion is good for some people and bad for others. I think aethism is solemn because i don't like to think that this is it. I like to think that after I die I'll see my dad again and other people that I loved. But it gives a lot of people hope, and if the bible is just a ficion novel (which is totally opinion either way neither religions nor aetheists should state their opinions of it being fictional or not as fact, technically) then let people have their hope, as long as it isnt destructive.
As far as religions judging people on wiccan books, i personally find that silly. But not all religions are like that. Basically everyone should keep their beliefs and hold onto them no matter what anyone says but always kkeep in mind that your belief or lack of their of is your Opinion. I dont believe everything in the bible and realize how much it has been construed over the years but I dont think all of that is fictional and no one can technically say that it is. becasue again... it's their OPINION.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-25-2007, 08:24 AM

I technically can say it is. In fact, I just did in my last post because that is my opinion, which I can post here. This thread is for religious discussion and if I feel the Bible is a load of tripe used to manipulate the masses, I will say it. The fact of the matter is, half of the things the Bible claims "happened" is completely unrealistic, like Adam and Eve or the "fact" that the Earth was created a few thousand years ago.

The only thing that peeves me more than the Bible is the Catholic Church. If there ever was a worst bunch of people in power, its those men in the Church. Don't even try arguing with me about this because I have loads of proof of just how **** backwards it is, including the fact that only about a decade ago they finally admitted that the Earth does revolve around the sun. Wya to mislead the people just because you like thinking you're the center of the universe -_-

Don't get me wrong, I do believe the Lady and the Lord plays a role in the universe, but I don't think its what everyone makes it out to be. I respect all the various deities in the world and even view them as being one and the same with my own. What bothers me is the people who use religion to manipulate others.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-25-2007, 09:20 AM

Agreed. Koolus, it may come as a surprise to you, but this thread is where everyone can air their opinions; not just you. If you feel that you can't accept that, then don't post.

The Earth is far older than the Bible claims it is. Women were not created from a man's rib, and nothing bad will happen if you choose to eat shellfish. About the only thing I think that really happened was the flood; there's a story about a great flood in both Egyptian and Greek mythology. That's really the nub of it; if a Bible story has back up elsewhere, then it really happened. Otherwise, it's just a fairy story created by some brilliant novelist.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
koolus9 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Default 11-25-2007, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Agreed. Koolus, it may come as a surprise to you, but this thread is where everyone can air their opinions; not just you. If you feel that you can't accept that, then don't post.

The Earth is far older than the Bible claims it is. Women were not created from a man's rib, and nothing bad will happen if you choose to eat shellfish. About the only thing I think that really happened was the flood; there's a story about a great flood in both Egyptian and Greek mythology. That's really the nub of it; if a Bible story has back up elsewhere, then it really happened. Otherwise, it's just a fairy story created by some brilliant novelist.
My entire post was about how I think everyone has a right to their opinions. I think yous are jumping the gun and misinterpreting me. If you want to go into religious dirt I garuntee you I could blow most of you away like how Im pretty **** sure it was religious life style bs that wigged my daddy out and made him hang himself with his shoe laces. Or guys in the church that tried to tickle my sisters when they were little trying to get them to take their pants down.. and all the other fun stuff that ruined half of my friggin childhood. I am not a religious advocate. An immense amount of crap that has happened in my life I blame on going to a fundementalist baptist church when I was little. been there done that. All that I was saying is that people are very quick to knock things and all of this and all of what other people say IS opinion and I was stating that people too often attack other people's opposing opinions.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-25-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I dont believe everything in the bible and realize how much it has been construed over the years but I dont think all of that is fictional and no one can technically say that it is.
You just said no one can say that it is fictional (which it is more then likely...). That's basically saying that just because you think it's not fictional, that no one can say it is. Geez... And maybe if you used proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. then people could understand the point of you posting because just looking at it for a few seconds got me confused.

ANYWAY... The world is WAY older then what it says. Our sun is at least 150 million years old, and planets are usually created not much later because they're made during the nuclear fusion point of the sun's creation, when it pulls in all the extra gas and rock from it's nebula.

The bible says one thing, science says another. Science has actual facts, the bible is legend and probably written by a fiction writer way back when. Not that the bible isn't right about some of the things people should value (respect your parents, do not commit adultery, etc.) but it's mainly, and TECHNICALLY fiction for nearly 100% of it. Do you know some one who lived when these supposed "Adam and Eve" were created? Do you know someone who was there when Jesus was put on the cross? No. How else do you know that it's true?

I will admit I read parts of the bible. HOWEVER, only as a story. A fiction story. To enjoy it, not to obey and believe it completely. Which is what it was probably meant for.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-25-2007, 09:45 PM

Hayley, I believe it has been proven that multiple people wrote the Bible. In fact, multiple people compiled the final version too. Also, Jesus did exist. What really needs to be called into question is his divinity. I personally think he probably was crazy if he ever believed he was the Messiah.

Edit: Forgot something ^^;;

Koolus, you are the one who came off as scolding when you posted. As Hayley just pointed out, you appear to be saying that no one can have opinions about the Bible. It only gets more confusing as you continue to stare at it. Don't get an attitude, especially when we've been through just as much as you. I come from an abusive household. I was told for years I was fat, ugly, unintelligent, and should go die. I self-harmed to punish myself for everything I did wrong. I had an aunt whose sister molested my cousins and might've done the same to my younger brothers. I was nearly raped at the age of 12. Myself and my father were nearly killed by the same woman who abused me. All this and more has happened to me in the course of 17 years, but you don't see me complaining. The fact of the matter is, we all suffer. The difference is, I got over it. I learned from it all and got on with my life, just carrying a little more baggage than I wanted.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 11-25-2007 at 09:52 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 11-25-2007, 09:47 PM

Okay, everyone is going to hate me for going Christian on you, but please, respect my opinion. It would be extremely hypocritical for you to disrespect mine when you go around ordering others to respect other opinions.

The bible is fifty-somethin' books put together to teach lessons. There are primary sources about Jesus' crucifiction, and about all of the other horrible things that people would do to his disciples.

It isn't fiction. It bugs the heck out of me and makes me want to scream when people say it is a fiction book. I respect your opinion, but it's not mine, and no one can truly believe what everyone else believes. I've been taught, even before we went to church, that the bible was there so we had guidelines. I believe in heaven, in hell, in Jesus, and all of the stories.

INCLUDING David and Goliath. I shall use this as an example to show the primary sources.

The thing people don't believe in most about this story was the size of Goliath and his...buddies. People have found huge, human skeletons, wherever Goliath was (I don't pay attention to those things. xD). It shows that there were people of his size that were around back then.

I also believe that the only reason David could kill Goliath with a stone was faith. No human could do that on our own, and there are too many signs of a higher power, whether it be God, Buddha, or anyone else.

I can't read the bible. I learn my stories in church, because I cannot draw connections and learn things on my own. Although I don't live the ideal Christian lifestyle, I can say that I am going to heaven, of course, if heaven exists.

And one last note of this rather long post, the bible NEVER says the earth was created only a few thousand years ago. Give me the book, chapter, and verse, otherwise it says NO WHERE that the Earth was created way too late. There is scientific proof that the Earth is ancient, but the existance of humans as we know them today...that could be what it was referring to.