Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-15-2007, 08:41 PM

I know what you mean :/ A massive amount of cases seem to be related to drugs. If the government could find a way to lessen them, they would be able to better handle the serious dangers. Maybe then we wouldn't have to worry so much about these murderers and rapists being set loose.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 11-16-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
The American prison system isn't like that. There is a lot of overcrowding in prisons, meaning inmates don't really get isolated except in supermax or possibly max. His sentence was over 900 years, but that still doesn't mean he shouldn't have gotten the death penalty. That sick man rap.ed, mutilated, and killed these young boys. Did you know he kept a vat in his room with three human torsos? What about the fact that his fridge was filled with other human parts, such as genitals? He was a sick man and a danger to society, in prison or otherwise. If he managed to escape(which is possible), he would've done it again.

I know he did all those awful things but I believe in pro life for all people . It seems you all agree on Retribution which is a deserved punishment for a wrong crime(vegence). I for one only beleive in rehabilitation and in sever case confinement for those who did a serious crime like murder and rape . It quite a controversial topic cause theres both goods and bad to the death penalties .
brutality theory states that the death penalty causes people with homicidle tendencies to develop a blood **** causing them to kill more people or be more likely to kill, also it does not actually work as a form of deterrence, it is unconstitutional, there is no opportunity to free a falsely convicted dead man

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
alabamablonde13 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 11-16-2007, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Tho, why should we lower ourselves down to their level? The old English way of execution worked like a charm. First there wasn't any appeals at least til the law for the appeals court was passed, then you could only have one appeal; if that failed, you hanged. Hanging was straightforward and quick; the neck broke as the person dropped. Finally, all the executions were done away from prying eyes in the prison. No journalists, no relatives; no-one there but the prison officers, the hangman and his assistant, and possibly a priest. That was the way to do it, not the way America does it when a person can die on Death Row of old age. -.-
As unfortunate as it would be to lower ourselves down to their level of sickness, if it would save innocent's lives, it would probably be worth it. If America would give criminals harsher punishments for their crimes this country might be a better place to live in.

I would be a bit more satisfied with the old English way then what we have now though.

I would rather be scolded for doing what is right than praised for doing what is wrong.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-16-2007, 11:58 AM

well obviously the certain places around the world that do have the death penalty believe in retribution meaning and eye for an eye . Those particular places are trying to show those so called murders if you do this it will result in this. Yes these creepers do at points deserve to be killed but you HAVE TO consider the facts of their childhood . what ever happend when they were a child is extremely important on how it would reflect how they might act like later on in life. I will give you some examples :

1) jeffrey dahmer-His family soon moved to Bath.Ohio, . He dissected dead animals as a child, the first a bird He dissected many other animals such as a bird that he found dead under the house and a small rabbit in the backyard all already dead he just wanted to look within its insides because the first one he saw being the bird which was already ripped apart by another animal intrieged the young boy so he furthered his curiousity down the rode. e dissected a fetal pig when he was in high school . now ur probably wondering why im talking about his childhood. see its kinda the same really he dissected an animal for pleasure as a child because he got the joy out of it and then grew to a much larger victim being the human. the parents should of monitored that from day one. when they first moved in to this new area he became a quite child that had a difficulty making new friends in a new area and this was all he could do to make him happy.

2)Dennis Lynn Rader also known as the BTK KILLER
Zoosadism for those who derive pleasure from inflicting pain on an animal, sometimes with a sexual component. alright here again with doing things to animals again in his CHILDHOOD .the sexual enjoyment of killing animals, similar to "**** MURDER" in humans.He was a very smart adult though I will give him that to not blow his cover so easily he went to Rader attended Kansas Wesleyan University in the united states and took a course caleld criminal justice which is a basic form of irony cause he wanted to know his rights ., he went to university for one year and then joined the U.S.A air forces for four years. he was sent back to his home town and he took a bachelor's degee in Administration of Justice. He then worked or a company called coleman company and it manufactured camping supplies . Then the really interesting job he scored with ADT Security Services where he installed alarm services for your home where people like him breaking and entering and attacking the home owner would be scared off. he was extremely smart on this one cause he had all the codes of these alarms if they went off and he could shut them down when he was attacking his new victim.

so I am a extremely firm believer that what ever occurs during a person's childhood has an extreme affect on a person's adult life. My mom when she was a little girl she was not allowed to play with barbies or any from of doll cause my grandma believed them to being a little "sexual" for a young girl to look at. and guess what my freaking living room is covered in dolls for that very reason its something she always wanted and now she can finally enjoy it . now that is obviously no match for wheat these two men.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 12-05-2010 at 05:57 PM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-16-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamablonde13 View Post
As unfortunate as it would be to lower ourselves down to their level of sickness, if it would save innocent's lives, it would probably be worth it. If America would give criminals harsher punishments for their crimes this country might be a better place to live in.

I would be a bit more satisfied with the old English way then what we have now though.
It would not save people's lives. It's a fact that a lot of serial killers are created, not born; if there was a way of telling who these people were before they killed, then that would save lives. Here's some facts for you:

FACT: Several serial killers were abused as children, either physically or sexually.

FACT: Several serial killers were given blows to the head.

FACT: Cruel prison treatment has created at least one remorseless killer.

I've read Carl Panzram's autobiography, and the harsh treatment he received in prison certainly contributed to the deaths of the men he killed. Treat these people harshly and cruelly, and we show ourselves to be no better than them. No, they do not deserve the same rights as the free people; but neither does that give us the right to treat them worse than animals. Being kept in solitary confinement; being flogged and then doused with icy water; being treated with appalling cruelty will only create more Panzrams.

Better to give out a humane death penalty, after a short time in prison with one appeal allowed. The death penalty in England, in the last few decades of its use, was as perfect as it could be made. No-one ever died of old age in the condemned cell; neither did they suffer on the end of the rope or whilst in prison.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-18-2007, 02:08 AM

Here are articles I would love you guys to read if you like the first three are all one article and the last one is a different one.

WARNING: NOT CHILD-FRIENDLY. UNDER 14'S, DON'T CLICK.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/delly1/dfs.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/delly1/dfs2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/delly1/dfs3.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/delly1/eight.jpg

Last edited by Sarah_K_O_M : 11-18-2007 at 08:32 AM. Reason: To add a warning.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM

I don't think the death penalty should be allowed at all.Its totally barbaric and could send out confusing messages to the public.Is it ok to kill if you belive the person deserves it?
I saw a drama on TV about a woman who let off a bomb,killing a loada people because she felt it was important to her country.She wasn't a bad person.Although that is kiinda off topic lol.
If you want the person to suffer,surely a life sentance is prison is more painful than death.And if you are killing someone because they killed someone else what makes you better than the killer?
I'm guessing most pedophile and mass murderers don't just do it because they are evil people.They have severe sycological problems.
And what if the person in question has an innocent family?Do they deserve to suffer like the family of the person who died?
I cannot really belive its still legal in some countrys.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-18-2007, 03:44 PM

If your child was raped by a monster, would you want that person to go to jail where they could one day be released to do it again? I'm sure the victims who were killed by the bomb that woman let off would disagree with your assessment, if only they hadn't been silenced. And there is evil in the world; it's naive to believe otherwise.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 11-20-2007, 01:03 PM

The point they made in the TV programme about the woman let the bomb off was that these people dieing wasn't any different to the all the innocent people dieing every day in Iraq.I'm not in any way saying I agree with what she did or anything though.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-20-2007, 08:32 PM

They are still humans regardless of what they did. Would you like a dreadfully slow and painful death if that was what you were sentenced to? I know I wouldn't, which is why I promote reform to the death penalty system. Current forms already are slow and painful, so why should we add to their suffering? Anyways, I don't care to pay my tax dollars when their family sues for cruel and unusual punishment, which is against the Constitution/Bill of Rights.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Miranda_ : 07-18-2010 at 10:44 AM.