Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-13-2007, 06:41 PM

The boy was only a kid; Dahmer claimed he was 20. The police I believe were discliplined after Dahmer's arrest; too little, too late.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 11-14-2007, 12:37 AM

I am glad sometihng like this is brought up in the forum
I have just finished a few movies on serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer
But I have to disagree with you silver_wold_kitty because yes he was granted 15 consecutive life term sentences because of the 15 people he killed now know one knows how long those people would of last before he killed them but here in Canada a life sentence is 25 years so thats 25x15 which adds up to 375 years which we all know he will not live that long anyways . He is imprisoned in whats called a super max prison , a super max prison is for people like him who pose the most threat to society, assaulted a guard and or assaulted another inmate. The cells are isolated each one individual with an inmate inside and instead of normal prisons where they face the other cell across from them its on a diagnal so no other inmate can see each other and or talk to one another so they are extremely isolated. They are only allowed and hour time for physical activity outside or inside with heavy security and they are alone. I am glad he got that as opposed to getting off scott free by dieing . But in the end he was killed . But this is all my own opinion.
Also i dont agree with capital punishment unless its because they killed a police man who is their to protect us. otherwise its a useless form of punishment because it either can result in an accident of some one not committing the incident or result in some one getting of much easier instead of life in incarceration

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
alabamablonde13 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 11-14-2007, 03:01 AM

Why is it that innocent animals are abused so cruelly everyday and that doesn't get much attention at all , but the scum of the Earth get pity? It makes me sick.

I think serious offenders should be killed the way they killed their victims. If you stabbed them , you get stabbed. If you choke hem, you get chocked. IMO, that's fair.

I would rather be scolded for doing what is right than praised for doing what is wrong.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-14-2007, 06:48 AM

Tho, why should we lower ourselves down to their level? The old English way of execution worked like a charm. First there wasn't any appeals at least til the law for the appeals court was passed, then you could only have one appeal; if that failed, you hanged. Hanging was straightforward and quick; the neck broke as the person dropped. Finally, all the executions were done away from prying eyes in the prison. No journalists, no relatives; no-one there but the prison officers, the hangman and his assistant, and possibly a priest. That was the way to do it, not the way America does it when a person can die on Death Row of old age. -.-

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 11-14-2007, 02:11 PM

Because they keep launching appeal after appeal.

I personally think they need an incredibly inhumane, brutal way to kill people on Death Row. The criminals did it to good people, they shouldn't get the sissy way out.
George Carlin had the right idea, upside-down crucifictions, boiling them alive in oil, and bringing back beheading. By axe.
If executions were nastier, criminals would be more afraid.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Online)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-14-2007, 03:42 PM

Depends on the murder. A lot of murders are done impulsively. I still don't think we should lower ourselves to their level; and like I said in my last post, in the old days in England, one appeal was all you got, final. Even if you got a last minute reprieve, you got automatic life in prison. Not 15 years, life.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM

They don't have the death penalty in Canada. Not even life. It's 25 years, MAX. Which is incredibly stupid in a way because if there were to be a serial killer/rapist/etc, then all they'd get is 25 years.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Rose36 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-15-2007, 08:28 PM

Personally? I don't think the death penalty is harsh enough. I'd rather have them suffer for the rest of their life. In other words, I wouldn't want them living pampered lives- just give them the bare necessities of survival and make them suffer every day for the rest of their life. No contact with other prisoners or other people. Make people really think of the consequences of their actions before they do something.

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-15-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delly1 View Post
I am glad sometihng like this is brought up in the forum
I have just finished a few movies on serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer
But I have to disagree with you silver_wold_kitty because yes he was granted 15 consecutive life term sentences because of the 15 people he killed now know one knows how long those people would of last before he killed them but here in Canada a life sentence is 25 years so thats 25x15 which adds up to 375 years which we all know he will not live that long anyways . He is imprisoned in whats called a super max prison , a super max prison is for people like him who pose the most threat to society, assaulted a guard and or assaulted another inmate. The cells are isolated each one individual with an inmate inside and instead of normal prisons where they face the other cell across from them its on a diagnal so no other inmate can see each other and or talk to one another so they are extremely isolated. They are only allowed and hour time for physical activity outside or inside with heavy security and they are alone. I am glad he got that as opposed to getting off scott free by dieing . But in the end he was killed . But this is all my own opinion.
Also i dont agree with capital punishment unless its because they killed a police man who is their to protect us. otherwise its a useless form of punishment because it either can result in an accident of some one not committing the incident or result in some one getting of much easier instead of life in incarceration
The American prison system isn't like that. There is a lot of overcrowding in prisons, meaning inmates don't really get isolated except in supermax or possibly max. His sentence was over 900 years, but that still doesn't mean he shouldn't have gotten the death penalty. That sick man rap.ed, mutilated, and killed these young boys. Did you know he kept a vat in his room with three human torsos? What about the fact that his fridge was filled with other human parts, such as genitals? He was a sick man and a danger to society, in prison or otherwise. If he managed to escape(which is possible), he would've done it again.

Rose, there are prisons like that, but they are few and far between. In fact, the conditions are oftentimes what you described. They are locked up 23 hrs a day, with one hour in the "sunlight" (which can simply be a room with a sunlight or a cage basically) for outdoors time. They can't speak to anyone and may be provided one meal a day if given all the nutrients in it. In fact, there is a horrible substance called prison loaf which does exactly that. Its the way i feel they all should be, but its hard to do with the massive overcrowding.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Rose36 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-15-2007, 08:39 PM

^ In that case then, I suggest that either drug penalty cases are reduced through legislation (legalize mariijuana and tax it- crazy, I know :P), or that separate prisons are made for worse or repeat offenders in which those conditions apply. In any case, the prison system should not mollycoddle those who have committed crimes against society- but a rapist or murderer should not be treated the same as a someone convicted of possessing a drug, for example.