Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default Strict Parents - 10-29-2007, 09:30 PM

My parents are extremly strict I live in a small town that barely has enough people to call a city and my parents dont let me hang out with friends or got to the mall with friends have sleepovers date guys and so much more do you think they are a bit too strict and do you have strict parents????

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 10-29-2007, 09:35 PM

My parents let me go to the mall with some friends for the first time this summer.
I'm not allowed to date (except dances) until I'm 16
I can't date anyone my parents don't see appropriate (no facial piercings, no weird hair, no strange sense of style)
I can't date anyone without all A's
I've never been allowed to go to halloween parties
I can't use the internet or text after 8 PM
I can't straighten my hair more than three times a week

I have strict parents, alright. But if you compromise, everyone's happy. It may not work with your parents (I can't compromise with mine), but I can still manage to have fun. They're just trying to keep you safe.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 10-29-2007, 09:42 PM

I know they are trying to keep me safe but sometimes they go to far im not even allowed to go to school dances!! and im not allowed to wear makeup only allowed 1 hour on msn per nightand im not allowed to wear tanktops

(#4 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 10-29-2007, 09:48 PM

They put restrictions on my computer time, I can't even have any kind of messenger, or myspace, and I can't wear halters or tube tops. they can see "too much skin" AKA anything below your collar bone, pretty much, it's for "around the house". I can't wear skirts unless I wear shorts under them, and the dances thing, it's because some guys can get really irresponsible. Like I said, compromise. I compromised with makeup by coverup, glitter, and eyeshadow, and nothing else until high school. I have to buy everything myself, except coverup, and if there is too much, my mom wipes it all off.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 10-29-2007, 09:54 PM

its actually nice to talk to someone about this bacause where I live no-one has strict parents and im kinda teased about it and another thing my mom doesnt even let me talk on the phone for more than 5 minutes and she doesnt like me having guy friends

(#6 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 10-29-2007, 10:00 PM

Hah, same with my parents. My friend Tyler likes to call me just for fun, and she gets mad. Ugh. And she gets mad because they call my cell phone instead of the home phone.

And no problem. You can add me to your friends list if you would like.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-30-2007, 03:27 PM

Speaking of TV, when I was a kid I watched it constantly and was grounded from it for a week once. Now, I barely watch it anymore due to sh*tty TV shows. o_o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#8 (permalink))
Old
XxXBabyBXxX (Offline)
Guru

Rating: 17 Votes / 4.29 Average
Default 03-09-2008, 12:15 PM

I suppose mine are pretty strict, but I'm OK with it, I think. XD

I'm allowed to go to bed anytime on the weekends.
I can stay on the computer until 7:00 PM on school days and any time on the weekends.
I'm not allowed to date- I don't really want to anyway. XD
I can talk on the phone.
I have to be in my room by 9:30 PM on school days.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 11-04-2007, 11:59 AM

I have to be in bed by 9, and I'm 13. I'm not allowed to date, I can get an iPod if I earn my own money...

I don't call my friends because...I guess we grew out of that. I used to call my friend, when she was my friend, and we would talk for hours each night. I can go to school dances, but I choose not to because I honestly HATE rap, and that's the only thing they play. Concerning sleepovers, my sister has more than me because my friends and I are always so busy, so we can never schedule anything. The best I do is walk home with my friend every other Friday because we have an early release.

And for dating, I probably could, but for dances and other school things. Maybe for high school they'll let me go on dates, but not until I get a job and a car and insurance and all that good stuff. I have to be home by 8 to get ready for bed, although I never have a problem with that.

So your parents are a bit laid back, sure. I can wear mostly whatever I want, with the exception of a couple shirts. If they can see too much skin, I either have to put a shirt under it or not wear it at all, but all of my other shirts are modest enough. They don't buy anything that is against the school dress code, of course, and I'm probably not allowed to wear a shirt I got from softball last year that I made smaller last night. -.-
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 11-04-2007, 01:29 PM

Im not even allowed to have anymore piercings then what I ave, I only have my ears pierced but I guess thats a good thing because if girls show up with their belly buttons pierced people are probably going to get the wrong impression.