Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Strict Parents (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/16556-strict-parents.html)

Aihana_ 10-29-2007 09:30 PM

Strict Parents

My parents are extremly strict I live in a small town that barely has enough people to call a city and my parents dont let me hang out with friends or got to the mall with friends have sleepovers date guys and so much more do you think they are a bit too strict and do you have strict parents????

xJESSiCA 10-29-2007 09:35 PM

My parents let me go to the mall with some friends for the first time this summer.
I'm not allowed to date (except dances) until I'm 16
I can't date anyone my parents don't see appropriate (no facial piercings, no weird hair, no strange sense of style)
I can't date anyone without all A's
I've never been allowed to go to halloween parties
I can't use the internet or text after 8 PM
I can't straighten my hair more than three times a week

I have strict parents, alright. But if you compromise, everyone's happy. It may not work with your parents (I can't compromise with mine), but I can still manage to have fun. They're just trying to keep you safe.

Aihana_ 10-29-2007 09:42 PM

I know they are trying to keep me safe but sometimes they go to far im not even allowed to go to school dances!! and im not allowed to wear makeup only allowed 1 hour on msn per nightand im not allowed to wear tanktops

xJESSiCA 10-29-2007 09:48 PM

They put restrictions on my computer time, I can't even have any kind of messenger, or myspace, and I can't wear halters or tube tops. they can see "too much skin" AKA anything below your collar bone, pretty much, it's for "around the house". I can't wear skirts unless I wear shorts under them, and the dances thing, it's because some guys can get really irresponsible. Like I said, compromise. I compromised with makeup by coverup, glitter, and eyeshadow, and nothing else until high school. I have to buy everything myself, except coverup, and if there is too much, my mom wipes it all off.

Aihana_ 10-29-2007 09:54 PM

its actually nice to talk to someone about this bacause where I live no-one has strict parents and im kinda teased about it and another thing my mom doesnt even let me talk on the phone for more than 5 minutes and she doesnt like me having guy friends

xJESSiCA 10-29-2007 10:00 PM

Hah, same with my parents. My friend Tyler likes to call me just for fun, and she gets mad. Ugh. And she gets mad because they call my cell phone instead of the home phone.

And no problem. You can add me to your friends list if you would like.

Aihana_ 10-29-2007 10:16 PM

on the topic of phoning I know my friend ryan phones me sometimes ( I like him so i dont mind :) ) and shes like if your father finds this out he will kill you!!! and sometimes when he phones i wil be standing right there and shes like no shes not here and she hangs up and shes like that was Ryan I get so madd!!!!

Your so lucky im not even allowed to have a cell phone!!! and i dont even own and ipod either....it sucks:cry:

Silent_Wolf 10-30-2007 05:52 AM

My parents are strict about some things, it bugs me.

Bed by 9 (WTF?! I'm 15!)
No dating
No going out with friends to the mall
No calling guy friends (they have to call me. Problem? The only guy friend that has my number can't call me either.)

Miranda_ 10-30-2007 08:24 AM

My parents were strict on some things and easy about others. I wasn't allowed to date til they considered me responsible enough; ie, I had to keep to their rules about always ringing up if I went out with friends and was going to be late, and helping around the house; things like that. I had my first boyf at 15, and that wasn't serious. I didn't have a curfew as such, but if I did come in later than 10 (when they went to bed) I had to be dead silent and not wake them up.

They let me dress how I liked, and wear makeup; but they banned chewing gum from the house, wouldn't let me drink fizzy cept on weekends, and rationed TV. As a child, I was encouraged to go out and play with friends on the green rather than sit in front of the TV the whole time. They also kept me in line in public; I knew that if I misbehaved, I'd get it in the neck from both Mum and Dad.

Mum also used to say frequently, "My house, my rules. When you leave home, you can do what you like." XD As soon as I did, I could; but, a lot of the things she used to hammer home remain.

Silent_Wolf 10-30-2007 03:27 PM

Speaking of TV, when I was a kid I watched it constantly and was grounded from it for a week once. Now, I barely watch it anymore due to sh*tty TV shows. o_o