Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-02-2009, 04:23 PM

To be honest, my parents aren't too strict. My mom takes me to dye my hair and I can go out whenever. I just can't use the term "Ghetto" or "Gangster" in front of my dad. His best friend is black, and both he and my mom are highly anti-racist.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
ponyboy (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-02-2009, 06:42 PM

my parents are strict
i can't date until i'm 18
my parents don't want me to go to a party alone since they think i'll i'll do some bad stuff
i have to do my homwwork
i can't go on myspace
Quote:
They know I'm not going to have sex before marriage, and they know I wouldn't allow anything to go too far
my parents are that way too.

Quote:
To be honest, my parents aren't too strict. My mom takes me to dye my hair and I can go out whenever. I just can't use the term "Ghetto" or "Gangster" in front of my dad. His best friend is black, and both he and my mom are highly anti-racist.
what's racist aboyt those phrases, those words refer to anyone of any race that's involved in gangs

Avatar by saraSKELLINGTONsiggy made by Rameboe and jordanashley
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-02-2009, 06:56 PM

I don't believe having to do homework is incredibly strict. When I was your age, I was required to sit at the kitchen table and wasn't allowed to move for any reason until I was done and my homework was checked. If I didn't understand something or did it wrong, it wouldn't be explained, I simply would be expected to know what was wrong and fix it on my own while continuing to sit at the table. I did this directly after school too and was required to be home by dark, so you can imagine it cut into my play time a lot.

As a child, I believed my father was unnecessarily strict. As I look back now, I believe he did things right. I wasn't allowed out at parties where my father didn't know the people there and if I expected to go out, he had to meet the people I was with. He hated how incredibly radical I was at times, with good reason, and often punished me for doing outrageous things that attracted unnecessary attention when I should've been focusing on school work. If I had any grades below an A, I was given a speech and punished. If I showed the slightest sign of slacking off on anything, I would be in big trouble. I don't know how many times I stood in a corner or was forbidden from all things electronic and sometimes even books since eventually the electronics stopped working. I had my door removed several times and was spanked a good amount. Despite that, he raised a good kid. At least I'm not pregnant, ****d up, constantly drunk, or having sex with everything that moves. That's a lot better than most college kids out there.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#54 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default It may not be racism, just concern. - 04-02-2009, 11:40 PM

I wasn't allowed to date african americans or asians or mexicans. There's good reason though, at least for 2 outta 3. I grew up in a REALLY bad area. The mexican gangster gangster area. There were drive-by's on my road countless times, got our house a few times too. That's why I couldn't date them, because people of that race scared the poo out of my mom indefinately. Then we moved to the city, where there were new types of gangs. Murders, robberies, muggings. That's why I wasn't allowed to date them. I had a crush on an asain kid named Fred Kim once in middle school and I asked my mom if I could date him and she said "no" that my step father wouldn't like it too much. I don't know what the reason was behind that, but I listened. I don't know that my mom is racist or anything like that. But when people look/dress/act like the people we're scared of then we both steer clear. But I guess it was never really a problem for the first two anyhow, I'm just not physically attracted to most of them. I like them gangly/dorky/pale white, lol.

My mom wasn't strict beyond reason. I had to sit at the table and do homework like you Kitty! In grade school though...then after she felt I established good homework habits it was never "mandatory" again. Even if I didn't do it a few times, my test scores kept everything steady so she didn't care. I was allowed out of the house, anywhere really...only problem was that she wasn't taking me, lol. I had to find my own rides. Boys were never an issue. She always hammered it to me that if I was 100% honest that I wouldn't have too many roadblocks. So I was. Dated a lot, had fun went out etc. Then when it came time for sex I told her. She didn't like it, not one bit, but she didn't get on to me about it. She knew that like her when she was a kid that I was going to do it anyway. So she took me to get birth control told me often to be careful/safe and I was. Never got pregnant, only ever slept with 2 guys one of which is my husband.

Your parents may have been through or witnessed a lot in their life, so even though they may seem strict or controlling, it's probably for the better. It can all depend on where you are too. Like with me and dating. I bet if I lived in safer neighborhoods then I would have been allowed to date other people, but I didn't so I wasn't allowed to. Just know that even if they are overly strict and annoying that life as a teenager is VERY short. You'll be outta there in no time, you'll see.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#55 (permalink))
Old
QUELASTiMAx (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via AIM to QUELASTiMAx
Default 04-02-2009, 11:45 PM

That's sad :/
I can't even make at least a d on a test or my mom will take away my computer & phone
I'm not allowed to date until i'm proabably about her age.
And I can't even have guy friends that are a little bit older than me.
It's not like I'll date them
And, sometimes I have to do my homework. But not at the table ^_^
good thing, i don't live with my parents, i live with my grandma.

You played me
Betrayed me
Your love was nothing but a game
Portrait a role
You took control,
I couldn't help but fall
So deep
But now I see things clear
(#56 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 04-02-2009, 11:57 PM

Hmmm.. the edit button wasn't working for me, so I'll just add a new post:

Oh yeah and I don't think she's racist, my dad is mexican, lol. I forgot to mention that. That actually may be another reason too...that relationship didn't work out (hence the step dad, lol) mostly because my father was a drug addict as was his WHOLE family (yup, evil grandma too). So that's probably another reason...anywho, I'm done now, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!