Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 03-09-2008, 12:55 AM

Yeah, its not like anyones sitting here going "My mum dosent let me use the phone, she drops me off and picks me up from school and arrives an hour early to make sure that I dont stand around talking to people she dosent know, dosent let my friends come over, dosent let me eat junk food, dosent let me listen to anything other than 'non-corruptive' classical music and bans t.v except for the news"
Which was actually the case of one of my high school friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 03-09-2008, 12:57 AM

when I started this I wasnt trying to make it sound like that.
I am sorry if it is.
I understand that parents do have reasons for all this but I dont even get out anymore, on the weekend I go out with my dad for a bit then stay home for the rest of it.
I dont even see my friends unless I am at school.
but I know I am going to have to live with it.
but actually my parents dont let me use the phone. they do pick me up to and from school and they dont let my friends come over or me go to friends houses.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
XxXBabyBXxX (Offline)
Guru

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 17 Votes / 4.29 Average
Default 03-09-2008, 11:15 AM

I suppose mine are pretty strict, but I'm OK with it, I think. XD

I'm allowed to go to bed anytime on the weekends.
I can stay on the computer until 7:00 PM on school days and any time on the weekends.
I'm not allowed to date- I don't really want to anyway. XD
I can talk on the phone.
I have to be in my room by 9:30 PM on school days.

(#44 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-10-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tita20001 View Post
Wow, I can:

Date
Talk to friends for more than 1 hour
Have guy friends
HUG my guy friends
Put a ARM around my guy friends
Hold their hand for about a few seconds xD

That's it. I CAN'T

Date black people
Talk on the phone for 2 hours [Cept on weekends]
Have guys call my house and ask for me
Kiss
Yell at my friends[I do at school]
Cuss[I do at school if i'm ****ed off]
Wear anything that shows off to much skin.

That's it. I don't IM do yeah.
What do you mean you can't date black people?! Your parents are disgusting and racist, and theres no other way to say it. I think black people are not only as good as white people, but better! They have much better moral's. Most of them are nice to everyone and try to stop a$$holes.

And I'm simply disgusted with the way your parents pass them off, fricking disgusting.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 03-10-2008, 02:43 PM

Aaron, calm down and stop being racist to white people. Self hate isn't good.
And her parents are not 'fricking disgusting' they're simply ignorant, in the sense of not knowing, rather than being stupid.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#46 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-11-2008, 05:59 AM

I'm sory about that Sarah, I really am, I was just very, very angry and went crazy in the heat of the moment, it won't happen again.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-11-2008, 03:09 PM

Aaron, if you think that's bad, you should see my friend Ariel; she doesn't have a boyfriend, period, but her cousins called her dad - her parents aren't together anymore - and told her she was dating a black kid. He blew up at her over the phone, which he's not allowed to do because her mother has a restraining order on the whole house.

Mind you, there's a fine line between just not allowing it, and being full-on racist. It could be that they don't want their daughter to date a nasty gangster kid - not to be prejudicial, but most African-American kids in my area try to act gangster and I'm honestly trying to see all sides here.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 04-02-2009, 01:16 AM

I guess my parents are strict in some cases, though they could be worse.

I really can't hang out with friends during the week, except sometimes they are lenient on that.
I have to fork my laptop over before I go to bed. [Though I usually sneak it downstairs].
I can't text or call after 11 [though I do, sometimes].
I have to ask before going anywheres, and I need to call if I am going to be past curfew [usually 12-ish].
They have to have met my friends before I go to their houses.
I'll get in trouble if my chores aren't done by morning, and I have a certain chore to do every day [i.e. sweep the landing on Mondays].
I have to bring the dogs in, feed them, spray out the pen, etc.
And I can't think of anything else at the moment. XD

My parents really haven't discussed dating yet, but I'll kiss if I want to. They know I'm not going to have sex before marriage, and they know I wouldn't allow anything to go too far.

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
sentimental7 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 04-02-2009, 03:56 PM

Hmm, not exactly sure where to start on this. XD

Well, my mom really doesn't let me outside.. If I go outside, such as just in our yard or on the porch, she makes me ask her first and then she watches me from the window or goes with me. D:

I'm not allowed to walk anywhere, even to the library, unless my mom comes with me. Which in all honestly, it's only when she feels like going too that I can go.

Um.. when I talk to my best friend on the phone, it can only be for twenty minutes or else my mom will come and bang on my door and start yelling at me. (She watches the clock to know exactly when the twenty minutes is up.)

And since I'm homeschooled (since 6th grade) I really don't know anyone around my area, so I actually have no face-to-face friends. I only have two best friends, but they live several hours away from me so I can only talk to them by phone or through emails or instant messaging. I've yet to get to meet them in person though. (I started talking to them through my old homeschool, so I know they aren't pedobears. XD)

I'm lucky enough that my mom has been talking to my best friend's mom and I might get to visit her this May. I honestly hope that works out, because it's all I have..

Well, those are just the main things; sure there are more though. What an exciting life I lead, eh?! XDD

(#50 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 04-02-2009, 04:01 PM

Hey, I'm homeschooled too.
O.O;

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.