Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 11-06-2007, 11:35 PM

That is really good advice Miranda.

But it depends on how strict they are.
There is a difference between strict, and controlling.
But all in all they are doing this because they love you.

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.

Last edited by Rocketship_ : 11-06-2007 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Spelling error.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 11-06-2007, 11:37 PM

yes it was really good advice I thought about it alot
it still doesnt work for me because my parents dont let me hang out with groups of friends because they think all we will do is get into trouble

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-07-2007, 06:54 AM

Have you made them think that way by breaking their rules? In the end, you're going to have to put up with it for a few years. You're still only young, and they might loosen up as you get older.

(#34 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 11-07-2007, 08:22 PM

I dont think I have I'm a pretty good kid and they have total trust for me.
they say they dont trust the people out in the world they say but I say not all people are bad there are some good people!

(#35 (permalink))
Old
jenniferswe (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: Not Rated
Default Strict Parents - 11-11-2007, 02:15 PM

My parents were strict when I was a teen. I hardly got to go anywhere or do anything. My mom hated it when I would get a boyfriend and would pull different tricks to keep me from seeing my boyfriend.

When I got older it was a little better but not much.

I think now a days, you parents are strict because there are so many abductions and murders. Your parents don't want this to happen to you.

Hang in there. This won't last forever.

Pretty Girl Dollz at
www.freewebs.com/jenniferswe
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 11-24-2007, 12:19 AM

my parents actually let me go skating (with friends) on the weekend so thats a good thing and they said they were gonna loosen up a bit so yay!

EDIT: anyone else have strict parents???

Last edited by ice_princess3853 : 11-29-2007 at 09:58 PM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 02-28-2008, 03:19 PM

as for your parents not trusting your friends...
have your friends come to your house a few times. If your parents like them, and possibly talk to their parents, they may let you go out on your own.
Thats what I did.
Of course, if your friends aren't parent-friendly, that won't work...but then, do you really want to spend your time with people that can't put on a straight face and act nice for two hours?

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-28-2008, 03:22 PM

Agreed. For example, I knew my boyf was worth hanging on to cuz he agreed to meet my parents after we'd been together for a week. XD A lot of guys I'd gone out with before acted like I'd just told them they had to meet Godzilla and Jason when I asked them to meet my parents.

(#39 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 02-28-2008, 07:27 PM

My mum was fairly loose on rules and such. As long as I asked politely, and it wouldnt harm me or anyone else, then she was pretty much fine with it.

Come to think of it though, I think she trusted me more, Cricket and I were allowed to do alot of things that Sunny still isnt, granted Sunny has done alot of things in the past that would make mum not trust her. Turning up home drunk at the age of 14 was a bit of a sign that she couldnt be trusted. Tiger isnt allowed to do alot of things aswell, mum says that when he learns to communicate with her using words and not grunts, then he will have more freedom. He still hasnt grasped that concept yet though.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-08-2008, 01:45 PM

Understand two things; firstly, I don't consider anyone's parents overly strict here seeing as a lot of the people who are complaining about strict parents are aged 10-13; it's not unreasonable for parents to want to limit your freedom at that age cuz they care about you and want you to be safe. Second, you are getting one side of the story; in my experience, parents often clamp down on kids when they break their trust; ie, sneaking out to see boys, coming back late when they promised to be back on time or even serious stuff like stealing money.