Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
koolus9 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-03-2007, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorea View Post
My parents are pretty lenient, but I guess that is because I don't actually do much XD I don't think they'd have anything against it if dated or wore make-up, but I just don't want to. They do try to limit my computer time and make me go to bed at a reasonable hour, which I guess will only end up doing me good later.
Thats a super good attitude to have and if thats your normal attitude that gives your parents more of a reason to be more lax on their rules with you.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
BonnieGirl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 4 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-03-2007, 03:54 AM

Oh wow, I started going online when I was like 13. The first year my dad will only let me get online for like 30 minutes to an hour (actually an hour was a lot back then). && I had to be done with my homework and my chores.

I was allowed to go to sleep overs when I was like 10-11, but that was because my best friend's mom was my mom's friend.

When I was 8 I was allowed to go to my friends house afterschool (I got to ride their school bus or get my friends mom to drive us). But I had to make sure I called my mom as soon as I was at their house otherwise I'd get in big trouble.

I've been allowed to have guy friends since like forever. I remember talking to my mom about them since like 2nd grade, lol. She didn't mind.

And I never had phone issues. I remember when I was 11 I used to talk on the phone with my friend for like 45min up to like 4 hours. My parents were okay with it cuz I pretty talked on the phone right infront of my parents (or at least in the same room).

&& anywayz I started having bfs when I was 16 and my mom gave me that "special talk"

The latest I've gotten home was like midnight, but that was because I was out with my cousin and she's like 12 years older than me (I was 14 at the time). With friends/bfs the latest has been like 10, almost 11.

I never got in trouble outside the house so I pretty much earned their trust. I've never done anything stupid either. I always told my parents what was up. When my dad's on the phone he's always bragging about me being all good and stuff.

Well I'm 18 now and I can be online till whenever, I have my own phone I can call and txt all I want, Idk about my curfew tho, lol. And my dad is still a little over protected when it comes to bfs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 11-04-2007, 11:59 AM

I have to be in bed by 9, and I'm 13. I'm not allowed to date, I can get an iPod if I earn my own money...

I don't call my friends because...I guess we grew out of that. I used to call my friend, when she was my friend, and we would talk for hours each night. I can go to school dances, but I choose not to because I honestly HATE rap, and that's the only thing they play. Concerning sleepovers, my sister has more than me because my friends and I are always so busy, so we can never schedule anything. The best I do is walk home with my friend every other Friday because we have an early release.

And for dating, I probably could, but for dances and other school things. Maybe for high school they'll let me go on dates, but not until I get a job and a car and insurance and all that good stuff. I have to be home by 8 to get ready for bed, although I never have a problem with that.

So your parents are a bit laid back, sure. I can wear mostly whatever I want, with the exception of a couple shirts. If they can see too much skin, I either have to put a shirt under it or not wear it at all, but all of my other shirts are modest enough. They don't buy anything that is against the school dress code, of course, and I'm probably not allowed to wear a shirt I got from softball last year that I made smaller last night. -.-
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 11-04-2007, 01:29 PM

Im not even allowed to have anymore piercings then what I ave, I only have my ears pierced but I guess thats a good thing because if girls show up with their belly buttons pierced people are probably going to get the wrong impression.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Elosine (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-05-2007, 10:16 PM

My parents....I guess you could say they're really laid back. Within reason.

Basically I'm allowed to do whatever I want - if I use good judgement. If they see/notice me doing something they don't approve of, they tell me & such, but I'm allowed to contradict them (unless it's something real serious, which never happens).

I can: (I'm 13)
-have a cell phone (my parents actually prefer it, so I can call them from wherever. In case I'm somewhere were there's no available phones or something.)

-wear whatever clothing/however much makeup I want (within good judgement. They always let me know if they don't approve, which is hardly ever).

-be online as long as I want to be (usually)

-stay up as late as I want (my parents say it's my fault if I'm tired in the morning, too).

-go over to my friends's house after school...even if their parents aren't home. And even my guy friends (I only have one, but whatev.).Luckily, my parents trust me - so therefore, they trust the people I trust.

-I'm not allowed to curse (not around my dad anyway), but I can say crap & heck.

-Read whatever books I want (horror [Stephen King, Dean Koontz], Harry Potter...I thought I should add this).

-IM.

-A lot more that I'm too lazy to think of.

And I've never really mentioned it, but I think I'm allowed to have a boyfriend, too. Like I said, my parents trust me and know I wouldn't have some sort of....gangsta-wannabe rap-listener with too many piercings and a mohawk for a boyfriend. As a matter of fact, both my parents know the guy I currently "like" a lot personally. They know I "like" him, too.

...I really do wish freedom was something you could evenly distribute through computer screens...T_T.

"And though I'll think of you, I guess,
until the day I die,
I think I miss you less and less,
as every day goes by...."
-Sweeney Todd
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Exclamation 11-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elosine View Post
My parents....I guess you could say they're really laid back. Within reason.

Basically I'm allowed to do whatever I want - if I use good judgement. If they see/notice me doing something they don't approve of, they tell me & such, but I'm allowed to contradict them (unless it's something real serious, which never happens).

I can: (I'm 13)
-have a cell phone (my parents actually prefer it, so I can call them from wherever. In case I'm somewhere were there's no available phones or something.)

-wear whatever clothing/however much makeup I want (within good judgement. They always let me know if they don't approve, which is hardly ever).

-be online as long as I want to be (usually)

-stay up as late as I want (my parents say it's my fault if I'm tired in the morning, too).

-go over to my friends's house after school...even if their parents aren't home. And even my guy friends (I only have one, but whatev.).Luckily, my parents trust me - so therefore, they trust the people I trust.

-I'm not allowed to curse (not around my dad anyway), but I can say crap & heck.

-Read whatever books I want (horror [Stephen King, Dean Koontz], Harry Potter...I thought I should add this).

-IM.

-A lot more that I'm too lazy to think of.

And I've never really mentioned it, but I think I'm allowed to have a boyfriend, too. Like I said, my parents trust me and know I wouldn't have some sort of....gangsta-wannabe rap-listener with too many piercings and a mohawk for a boyfriend. As a matter of fact, both my parents know the guy I currently "like" a lot personally. They know I "like" him, too.

...I really do wish freedom was something you could evenly distribute through computer screens...T_T.

lets put it this way my parents have complete trust in me.
my dad sends me to the store with his freaking bank card and i know his pin so thats pretty good trust. my dad said he is going to be a bit more "laid back" today I was aloud to go to my friends house with two other people and her mom wasnt even home! time for a victory dance!!! (this is pretty big for me ^.^) but anyways he said that when he is allowed to drive again ( he had an operation) he will drive me and my friends to the mall and I will be allowed to hang out with them there!!!! I'm so happy!!!! and at least three times a day i must here from some of my friends that, "your parents dont even let you do that?!?!" i am not kidding. but I am thankful that they are loosening up a bit

I am still up to reading about your strict parents too!!!

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 11-05-2007, 11:06 PM

Ha ha.
WOW.

My parents aren't even half as strict as they used to be.
I own a cell phone,
I'm getting pink hair [squee!]
I've had 2 boyfriends,
i don't have a bedtime,
I can go out with my friends alone,
I JUST stayed home alone for 10 hours today,
I can have friends over alot [If we can get rides XD]
And...... yeah.

But they are pretty strict on a few things.
Like if I yell at my mom or something, I'm pretty much grounded by my dad.
I can't cuss [duhh].
I have to do my chores or I'm grounded.
If I'm watching something, or listening to something that my parents don't agree with them I'm pretty much banned from ever having anything to do with that again.
And, I have to be nice and all of that.

So I guess I got it off pretty good =D

Your parents will lessen up, er-- I hope.

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default pink hairs thats so awsome! - 11-05-2007, 11:12 PM

and yes I cant cuss either and pink hair totally cool!!! you'll have to get a pic of it and show me =P if you want to thats your choice but yes thank you I hope my parents loosen up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_cutie View Post

Your parents will lessen up, er-- I hope.

( and I am kinda dropping hints for a cell phone for Christmas =P)

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-06-2007, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_cutie View Post
If I'm watching something, or listening to something that my parents don't agree with them I'm pretty much banned from ever having anything to do with that again.
Ugh, I know how that is. -__- Mom tried to ban two of my favorite Japanese artists from the comp simply because she has no idea what they're saying, and she hates Rammstein. I love Rammstein, and they are NOT death metal. -___- They're industrial German.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-06-2007, 08:35 AM

My parents might have been strict in some ways, but in others they weren't. For example, as long as I paid for them, I could wear whatever clothes I liked, and listen to whatever music I liked. I didn't have a curfew, as long as I came in quietly and didn't wake my parents up, that was fine. I could do whatever I wanted to my hair, nails and face. I was allowed during my teen years to eat up in my room, as long as I didn't make a mess and brought my plate and glass down afterwards. Strict doesn't necessarily mean bad, you know; if you think your parents are being too strict, it's probably cuz you're far too young to be doing certain things. Wait til you reach 14 or 15, you'll find you have more freedom.

Also, certain things you can do yourself. Want more pocket money? Get a job; you can get a paper round, walk dogs, wash cars or do extra chores. Want more freedom? Compromise, for example promise to go out with boys only in a group. Want their trust? Earn it. If they leave you by yourself when they go out, behave yourself. Then you'll be trusted to do more things later. If however you go behind their backs and break their rules, they will find out sooner or later... and then, you're only shooting yourself in the foot as they will lose all trust they have in you, and you won't get it back for years.