Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
alabamablonde13 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default Biggest Internet Pet Peeve? - 09-03-2007, 10:29 PM

I have tons but right now I'm going to have to say people pretending to be Miley Cyrus. I almost feel sorry for them, because it's really pathetic, but it's so da*mn annoying.

What's yours?

I would rather be scolded for doing what is right than praised for doing what is wrong.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
chelsea_welsea_1 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-03-2007, 10:46 PM

thats kinda funny ive never heard anyone say that. ^_^

mine is when people pretend to be something there not in real life liek when you can totally tell that there lying like about there age or something stupid like that and also i dont think you should say anyhting online that you wouldnt say in real life those kinds of things bug me -_-
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-04-2007, 03:14 PM

I hate when people tYpE LyK dIs! It p*sses me off and makes me wonder just how stupid their parents are. -__-

I also hate it when people stalk you on websites just for not auto-friending them; that's a problem with the Buddylist thing on here.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 09-04-2007, 04:07 PM

People who type in all lower case with no punctuation. No matter how intelligent the content of their post, my opinion of them plummets instantly.

Also, people who pretend to be celebrities are hella annoying.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
BonnieGirl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 4 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-04-2007, 04:12 PM

I don't like fakes. Or people who start fights over the internet it's very childish
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-04-2007, 04:20 PM

I hate ghetto speak, both in real life AND on boards. Especially when they add leet and all that stuff. O_o

AND THE ALL CAPS MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE YELLING.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Miranda_ : 02-13-2009 at 08:25 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-04-2007, 05:54 PM

Gosh, where to start...

1. Spammers. Really get on my nerves. If you haven't anything intelligent to say, then don't bother making a post.

2. People who use constant chatspeak and shortened words. I don't mean the odd one here or there, I mean this: "O mi gd!!! U R so pty! I lv u so mch!" This isn't a chatroom and you are not texting on a mobile phone, so cut it out.

3. Any kind of stupid speak, like ebonics or KrAzY.

4. People who use the following words in their usernames: Sexy, Fairy, Babe, Doll, Fox, Goddess. In my experience with message boards these people are often the most irritating and hard to put up with users. Especially those who are far from fairies, goddesses or foxes. (Meow! *puts claws away* XD)

5. Any deliberate mispelling of the above words, ie "Sexay" "Shmexy" "Godes" "Farey" "Foxxxy" "Fayrey" "Godess". I did English for A-Level and any mispellings put my teeth on edge, but these are the worst.

6. People who insist that they are right, despite you providing links as proof that they are talking utter bullsh*t.

7. People who bash your fave hottie, but would burst into flames if you did the same for them.

8. Newbies with say, 1 or 2 posts who insist that they should be made mods.

9. Abuse of numbers. I mean by this anyone who posts like this: "4ny1 w4n7 70 ch47 w17h m3?" Makes me want to reach thru the screen and shake them.

10. (This is more pertaining to dolls) People who have on their sites "Please don't steal my dolls" along with various threats, who have posted dolls as their creations that I've seen here in the doll section. Oh, so it's one rule for you and one for everyone else, right?

11. Noobs who send me friend requests, despite the fact that I have the following on my profile:

Regarding Friend Requests

Unless I know you personally you WILL BE DENIED. I'm not one of those ppl who wants loads of random ppl in their friend section; I only want those who are actual friends there. ^^

12. Imposters. It's actually illegal to impersonate someone, and could get you in a lot of trouble.

13. Noobs who send me stupid PMs for no reason.

14. People who REFUSE TO READ THE STICKIES!!!!

15. Word abuse. Like so: "Your being silly" and "There alright actually." Argh... x_X

Last edited by Miranda_ : 05-06-2008 at 09:37 AM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 09-04-2007, 06:44 PM

People that agree with everything you say. *Blinks* They'll agree with someone. Then someone will disagree...then they agree with the person that disagreed.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-04-2007, 07:25 PM

For me?
Well there's a lot. First of all SPAM.
Sure, leading a convo is one of my bad habits...

But what I mean is like in a handdrawn doll thread:
"hi any1 wanna b frinds?"

Or someone that posts mean things.

Like if I try to help someone because they don't have a program that they want, and I say if you ever get that program then I sort of know how to use it so I can help.
Someone else just comes to say something along these lines:
"I don't post a lot; I just come around and read. However, you're the most INDECENT person ever! Don't go TRASHING someone's thread just because they don't have a program that YOU can afford!"
=.=;;
Don't go bashing me..Gawd I'm just trying to help dammit!
But whatever. I say sorry anyway and delete my post. =/
Because I don't wanna start another fight. >.
[and if this description matches you please just...PM me or post on my profile cuz I don't wanna start a fight here either. T___T I am OVER with arguments.]

Another.
When people don't read the first post. x____x
Pretty self explainable.

There's a whole lot more but too lazy to explain now. =/
(#10 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-05-2007, 06:58 AM

Oh...mine would have to be:
1. Spammers. I mean, read the god dang rules for god's sake.
2. People trashing other people.
3. Getting friend request from people I don't know.

There are a bunch of others but my dad needs to get on, so I'll add them later. >.<

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3