Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-29-2008, 09:52 AM

Agreed. It really gets on my nerves when I tell a noob over and over again to read the d@mn rules, give them the links multiple times, even tell them what spam is and why they shouldn't do it... and they just carry on being noobish. -.- Especially then if said noob then turns round and says, "OMG ur bein mean 2me"... What, telling you to abide by rules is mean? Whatever... hope you like the dole and prison food, cuz if you carry on breaking rules and ignoring people who try to help you, that is what your life is going to be like in the future.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-29-2008, 05:10 PM

I hate spammers, grammar-ignoring-idiots, trolls, and stuck-up snobs who believe they are always right.

I hate fanfic writers who create sues and scr'ew up canons like crazy; to this day, I have never written my own fanfic because I shudder at the word. It used to be that only good writers wrote stuff; now, idiots write their crap and get praised for it by other idiots. It's simply disgursting.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 01-30-2008, 01:49 PM

I will also add anyone who thinks that if they friend me or the other mods, then they won't get into trouble for breaking the rules. Firstly, that's a load of bullpoopy; anyone who breaks the rules will get into trouble. Second, I only have people who I know well and like as my friends on here and I'm not about to start auto-friending every single newbie on here.

Also, just cuz I refuse to friend you and get annoyed at telling you over and over again why not, I am not being mean. I suggest you approach a random stranger in the street and ask them to be friends with you; my guess is that they'd eventually tell you to get lost. You wouldn't do that in real life, I hope, so why do you think it's different on the internet? In all likelyhood, you have nothing in common with me at all, and never will.

The same goes for any noob who spams one of my RPs; most noobs who do this are labouring under a delusion that just cuz I'm a mod, I have to be nice to them. Nope; I will be nice to you if you keep the rules and are using the forums in the way they're designed for; if you break the rules by either attacking other users or spamming, I will see no reason at all to be nice to you. No, I will not attack you, but neither will I be nice. I will remind you of the rules firmly; if you still will not desist then I will take action. The rules are for everyone, not everyone cept you.

(#44 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 01-30-2008, 03:42 PM

the random friend requests on here are stupid . Like how I friend people on here is by being around the forum and being involved in different kinds of topics . to the noobs out there please no spamming and do not fill up peoples doll mail with a bunch of crap mail!!!! and dont pm my brother asking to friend him unless he knows you!

(#45 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 02-06-2008, 12:53 AM

1. When people quote you then reply to someone else.

2. When youre debating something with someone and they bring it over into another thread, as an example
P1:"Pink is the bestest colour in the world"
P2:"Personally I like green more myself"
P1:"Oh my god youre so awful pink is the best"

P3:"Whats your favourite food?"
P2:"Watermelon"
P1:"Oh my god you would like watermelon wouldnt you, you hate pink"

3. When people demand that you 'prove' things. Such as "Oh my god, I bet you dont have a dog, take a photo, prove it" Then you post a photo of your dog "Oh my god, I bet you just got that off google, post a photo of you with your dog. Then you do "Yeah, well, you probably found that on someone's blog, post a photo of you with your dog and you holding up a sign that says your screen name"

4. When people insist that youre lying about something because you wont give specifics. For example, I will say that I live in Regional Victoria in Australia. Im not going to tell you which town, which electorate or even which sector, why should I? All you need know is that I live out in the country. But no, apparently because I wont give the exact name or the postcode, then that makes me a liar.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-06-2008, 08:33 AM

I hate chain letters; they're far too long and clog the forums up. Plus a lot of them are basically crap urban legends that have been debunked on Snopes ages ago. If I see any posted here, I will post the link to the Snopes article debunking said urban legend, then lock the thread.

(#47 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 02-15-2008, 01:07 PM

Just thought of another thing; I hate when people use "couldn't care less" and "could care less" interchangeably. They mean different things, dammit! "could care less" implies that you do care, while "couldn't care less" means that you don't care at all. Is it so hard to get straight?

(#48 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 02-15-2008, 01:55 PM

Elanorea, I feel your pain. At first it confused me. Now it bugs me.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 02-15-2008, 02:34 PM

Plus I hate it when noobs keep on spamming, even after I've nicely told them to read the rules and not to spam, therefore forcing me to take action. After which, a lot of them then get bratty and act as tho I've been nasty to them. -.-

Also, anyone who thinks that all mods have to be nice and take abuse at all times.

(#50 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 02-15-2008, 03:16 PM

AWW! *huggles the mods*
The mods on this site do a great job, actually. Thank you all!

I hate people who rant about stupid things and exxagerate (I can never spell that word right) their lives so they can throw a pity-party.
Boo-frickin'-hoo! We all have problems. Sure, I can understand the need to tell someone, but we don't need someone's life story on the internet!