Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#101 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-25-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXCookies_R_MineXxX View Post
people who open shops and then after like two miniutes if nobody requests, ask the mods if they will close the shop.
Yeah, that annoys me too. Along with users who blatently ignore the restrictions on bumping shops and multipost filled orders and/or bump their thread. -.- And then get all whiny when I warn them or lock their shop. Sorry, but everyone has to abide by the same rules; if you get annoyed cuz I am enforcing them, just understand you are NOT a special little snowflake; you are being treated the same as everyone else.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#102 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 12-25-2008, 02:42 PM

When people ask you to go to their shops in a PM or comment. Its quite annoying. I'm sure Miranda knows how much I hate it. XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#103 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-04-2009, 09:39 AM

Right now I really hate people on Gaia who come up to you in Rally and say 'i buy your grunny 4 23k'. I mean, seriously! You go on Marketplace and you can find it for a LOT cheaper. -.- It's not even funny. Then I got some moron asking me to wear my WingDing shirt for 'just a day'; as if. -__-

And then you've got people who scream and cry and claim they've been hacked, then they tell us 'i got a gaia report asking me 4 my pass and sh*t' (that's quoted) and I just want to scream OH MY FREAKING GOD YOU MORON! GAIA WILL NOT ASK YOU FOR YOUR PASSWORD!!!

And then I saw somebody replying to one of said "Gaia Reports" (that ask for your password and other info) saying 'o just repli to it u be fine, it just a reepot they have to do theze'. GAAAAH! MORONS!

I also really hate people on Gaia who say that if you think you've been hacked, you must report it to the local national security place. ...WHAT. THE. EFF.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 01-04-2009 at 10:01 AM.
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-17-2010, 01:30 AM

People who don't respect other opinions, sure I understand if someone's being stupid it's right to let them know but people who just type back using a lot of abusive language and ouright telling people they're wrong p*ss me off, is it that hard to just state why you disagree politely? -.-
Also people who can't seem to have a proper conversation...well actually maybe they can it's just I can't understand their method of typing >.>
It just annoys me.
And then the users who sign up for the forums and then never come online...why sign up? Is there something about joining a thousand forums but never coming online that's 'in'. Of course many people have logical reasons and it's all good ^.^ But people who sign up for he fun of it, stay online for two hours and dissapear for no reason whatsoever are irritating as hell.
Oh and the people in who go onlin and submit totally stupid and non understandable stories online on sites such as Quizilla. It is all very well to submit stories and pieces of writing online, I like reading a lot of them in fact ^.^ Some of them are just utterly pathetic though and may as well be titled 'My Character goes to the beach goes to the beach' or 'My character saves the world with no help at all' or 'Everyone falls in love with my character". It saddens me to think this is what english is coming to. I feel like being sick when I come across a paragraph containg a detailed description of one character's hair and facial features and clothes. It makes me feel worse when i read on only to find out this character can sing like an angel, fight better than any other character, has perfect features and can also feed five toddlers at the same time as unblockinga toilet snglehandedly.
Okay I admit I'm jealous of the baby and toilet unblocking skill, it could come in handy when babysitting toddlers xD
And worst of all, people who come online and claim that their whole family has died in a tragic car crash or something of the sort, all I have to say to them is "What are you doing on here then?" If it's true then you must be a pretty horrible person not to be upset and to be posting about it to the world instead of going through with normal procedures. Don't you have any guilt or sense of family? Of course if the person an utter fake they won't, it's pretty darn easy to tell as well. Writing "My famly lyk all dyed ysterdy lol" isn't very convincing, brush up on your english and acting talents before trying to fool us at least, If you're going to be lying outrageously use correct grammar and have a clever and interesting that can interest us and is also believable.

I have one last message directed at people who send chainmail as well-
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal
food trough whopper! I f.art in your general direction! You mother
was a hamster and your father smelt of eldeberries.

Monty Python lovers will understand xD

Uhhhhhh...>.>
Apologies for my ranting xD

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 04-17-2010 at 04:22 AM.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-17-2010, 07:27 AM

I agree with those points; Mary Sues bug the hell out of me. Especially since I wrote the RPG forum rules to include a step by step guide to making a believable character, included a FAQ for people to ask questions, and even said that people can PM me to check to see if their character passes muster. And yet, I still get people coming on here and posting rubbish RPs with crappy Mary Sues, cuz they haven't even bothered to look at the stickies.

I also hate people posting wild stories; in my experience, those people are lying to get attention and sympathy. I've know people who've suffered from traumatic events; bereavement, abuse, self harm, addiction etc and without an exception, none of them will talk about their experiences unless it's brought up in conversation. It also makes a difference when a person is an oldbie on a forum; if someone is new and their first post is "OMG! I was raped/abused/molested!" or "OMG! I'm pregnant!" then it doesn't make me feel inclined to believe them.

(#106 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-18-2010, 02:25 AM

Fake online deaths. Seriously, could anything be more pathetic? Almost always those crazy stories are people who are doing it for attention, which makes me wonder what the hell is the appeal in pretending to die. Do you think everyone is going to cry over you? That some hot chick is just waiting to be comforted? Seriously, no one is going to miss you in your fake death anymore than they did all the times when you flounced after being called out for being stupid.

Also, internet tough guys. I don't think anything else needs to be said on that topic.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#107 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-18-2010, 05:14 AM

I agree, fake internet deaths are the most idiotic invention. Why stage your own death? It's hardly fair for all the other members in the forums or blog or whatever site you're on -.-
And no one will be crying, they'll most likely be glad the person has left the site.

On a lighter note my homepage comes up with ads for many dating sites and other web page builders and such which is annoying. Today an add popped up for a brand of choc-chip cookie xD
Twas something very different ^.^

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 04-18-2010 at 05:25 AM.
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 04-18-2010, 07:42 AM

I remember once on another forum this member staged her own death. She registered another account and pretended to be her husband coming on to tell us. We all believed it first, and the "husband" came on a few more times to commiserate. Then she slipped up; she accidentally logged into her old account and posted as the husband. She deleted the post almost straight away, but loads of people had seen it first, and seen her name in the who's online. In chat, she was tackled about it and eventually confessed that it had been staged. She wasn't banned; she didn't have to be. She was run off the forums in disgust by every single member of the forum.