Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   N00bs: They are so annoying! (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/general-discussion/14580-n00bs-they-so-annoying.html)

LadyBast0911 06-25-2007 05:17 PM

N00bs: They are so annoying!

I don't mean to be mean but seriously noobs don't read the rules and they cause a fights between the people who know the rules and who don't. You'd hope that they would read the rules but they don't. And then when you correct them, they talk back because they think your being rude. I HATE NOOB'S! What are your opinions?

Altered Newbies to Noobs to avoid whinging. - SarahKOM

Miranda_ 06-25-2007 05:28 PM

There's a difference between different newbies. There are newbs, who are just ignorant of how to use forums; once they're gently corrected and placed on the right road, they can become useful forum members. Then there are noobs, who act like you said. Newbs I don't mind, noobs are irritating.

Polkasaur 06-25-2007 05:30 PM

As a 'newbie" to the forums I OBJECT!!! Hehe. Nah, I must say I lurked the forums as a guest for awhile today and read up on quite alot. I'm pretty paranoid with what people think of me so I do tend to read things before I make a comment on something =)

But, I do however understand where you're coming from. I've been to another forum and having new people come there and post silly things that are only repeated questions or comments.

I mean....
Y00000 Singergirl509 chu betta lyke BAK OFFFFFF. AIGHTTTT?!!!? Just cuz im newz don gota meen u gott da ryte to trash me.AIGHT?!?! im l33t to da max yo. i will PWN yo butt.

Kidding =)
Hehe. But this being my first post, I think I'm off to a good start, eh? ;)

Silent_Wolf 06-25-2007 05:35 PM

^Yep, you are. :lol: Just remember to read the rules of every area so you don't get in trouble, k?

LadyBast0911 06-25-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polkasaur (Post 495615)
As a 'newbie" to the forums I OBJECT!!! Hehe. Nah, I must say I lurked the forums as a guest for awhile today and read up on quite alot. I'm pretty paranoid with what people think of me so I do tend to read things before I make a comment on something =)

But, I do however understand where you're coming from. I've been to another forum and having new people come there and post silly things that are only repeated questions or comments.

I mean....
Y00000 Singergirl509 chu betta lyke BAK OFFFFFF. AIGHTTTT?!!!? Just cuz im newz don gota meen u gott da ryte to trash me.AIGHT?!?! im l33t to da max yo. i will PWN yo butt.

Kidding =)
Hehe. But this being my first post, I think I'm off to a good start, eh? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miranda_ (Post 495612)
There's a difference between different newbies. There are newbs, who are just ignorant of how to use forums; once they're gently corrected and placed on the right road, they can become useful forum members. Then there are noobs, who act like you said. Newbs I don't mind, noobs are irritating.

Polkasaur, you have a point. Thank-you for reading the rules. The newbie's I'm talking about are the noobs. My bad. I didn't know the correct term for them and like Miranda_ said. Not all newbie's cause problems. You, for insantance, probably won't cause too many problems because you have read the rules and know what is ok and not ok. Thank you, again. I didn't mean that all newbie's cause problems, but at least half do.

cwer 06-25-2007 07:36 PM

Well ive been on TDP forums long before most people that have like a TRILLION more posts then me. But they call me a newb. So, New members with a lot of posts are the real newbs. Not people with less posts. :mrgreen: So I think newbies are just fine. Well....most of them...if you know what i mean..... *Smirk*

TheHayleyDoll 06-25-2007 07:44 PM

I hate noobs, but newbies can be okay. If they READ THE RULES.

NotYourPrincess 06-25-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwer (Post 495774)
Well ive been on TDP forums long before most people that have like a TRILLION more posts then me. But they call me a newb. So, New members with a lot of posts are the real newbs. Not people with less posts. :mrgreen: So I think newbies are just fine. Well....most of them...if you know what i mean..... *Smirk*

Ahaha.

Agreed.

p=

I abandoned my old account. It had like..what...700 posts on it? And I've been on this bored for quit a while. Not sure how long, really.

princessmeplz 06-25-2007 08:36 PM

This is all I say some can be a biggo pain in the butt. I agree with Hayleydoll though if they read the rules they are ok!

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 06-25-2007 08:57 PM

Polkasaur, I believe I am about to worship you. Then again, there are plenty of members on here who started out the same way. Heck, I remember when Miranda was a little lurker that refused to join and posted as a guest all the time :wink: Man, I sound like a grandmother or something.

Anyways, being one of the oldest forum members here(yes, I know, I'm like a forum fossil), I've seen my share of noobs and must say the current ones are not as bad as the older ones when the forum was less organized and the moderators were basically dead. Then we frequently had bots, trolls, plenty of obscene posts being put up all the time. Now its only the occassional rude member who we all despise(which I can relate to right now because I'm completely infuriated with one right now).