Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

View Poll Results: What do you think of Newbie's
They're so annoying! 36 35.64%
No opinion... 37 36.63%
I guess they're ok... 28 27.72%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-27-2007, 08:48 AM

If you get any spammers, let me know so I can delete their idiocy and kick their butts in PM. XD

Also, yes it is common sense that you can't join an RP that's over 1000 pages long... sadly, common sense isn't very common these days at all. -___-

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 06-27-2007, 08:50 AM

Lol. Tell me about it. And some of these people claim they're like... my age when they act like they're 5, or something. XD

And I will. I haven't gotten many on any RP's for a while... luckily...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 06-27-2007, 09:18 AM

I never really read stickies when joining forums(yes, even I am guilty of that charge), but most of the stuff contained is common sense. I think I went through a slight noob stage, but it was during the years when these boards were wild and out of control, making me think of the 60s for some reason. Then again, there is only one other site I'm on, which is a roleplay site that I've been a member of for nearly a year. When I did start out there I read all the rules because you know how roleplays are... They all work differently and I'm glad I did because there was a lot of stuff I never would've thought of.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Hannahmontanagurl123456 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 14 Votes / 4.36 Average
Default 06-27-2007, 10:16 AM

I pmed Wolff Kitty and showed her a thread where someone offered a game in the wrong section in prize for a profile comment.

Do.You.Remember.When
Getting high only meant swinging on the playground
The worst things boys could do was give you cooties
Wearing Skirts didnt mean you were bad
war was just a card game
Life was carefree
Its silly looking back on all of this and remembering
That all we ever wanted to do was grow up
(#45 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 06-27-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
I never really read stickies when joining forums(yes, even I am guilty of that charge), but most of the stuff contained is common sense. I think I went through a slight noob stage, but it was during the years when these boards were wild and out of control, making me think of the 60s for some reason. Then again, there is only one other site I'm on, which is a roleplay site that I've been a member of for nearly a year. When I did start out there I read all the rules because you know how roleplays are... They all work differently and I'm glad I did because there was a lot of stuff I never would've thought of.
Yeah. Roleplays here are done in a sorta...n00bish manner. p=

Most roleplays on forums are para, and people put ALOT of work into their characters.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#46 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 06-27-2007, 01:44 PM

^Hey! So do the people here.
And do you know how hard that is when you've got upwards of 40 each? Nightmare, and I've forgotton most of mine now.
We're just kinda lax on the rules department.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 06-27-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYourPrincess
Most roleplays on forums are para, and people put ALOT of work into their characters.
That's the sort of site I'm talking about, except the entire thing is dedicated to roleplaying and developing your skills(I *heart* Inspired Quills ). We all practically live on our characters. You have no idea how much I love thinking about Morgan's(my character's) past and all the intricate family details and stuff. I love her to death because she's like my brain child and there just is so much about her that no one else could ever know except for me, like how all of her family members met or the fact that her mother secretly wishes to end her relationship with her husband and is really ashamed of having half-blood children(half-magic, half-muggle like in HP).

I suppose the real reason I can dwell so much on her is because she is the only character I have. Of course I created her family and such, but she's the true child of my mind and one of the few I have really grown to love. It would be difficult to keep straight 40 or so characters, its so difficult for me to keep track of my one(that's why I save all her personal history), so I can't blame people on here for not being as intricate as some of us really obsessive roleplayers.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-27-2007, 03:02 PM

There's a mixed lot of family lines, that's why it's so confusing. XD

.. Let's see..

Nevermind, I'm not even going to start. XD

There's this one site I go to that does have para RPs, and I love it there. I've got an internet family! XD ... Well, sorta; the admin and his friend who are both on the site are like the parents, me and one other guy are like brother and sister, (not in that order.) and we have two other guys from Pennsylvania who disappear and reappear randomly due to Verizon having crappy internet.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 06-27-2007, 03:28 PM

Everyones a newbie at some time.Including you.I think thats a pretty narrow-minded attitude.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-27-2007, 03:28 PM

She's referring to the stupid ones, known as N00BS. Try reading it, thank you.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm