Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

View Poll Results: What do you think of Newbie's
They're so annoying! 36 35.64%
No opinion... 37 36.63%
I guess they're ok... 28 27.72%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 06-25-2007, 09:26 PM

Hopefully said person is not me. XD Anyway, I've stated my opinion, so I'm leaving it at that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 06-25-2007, 09:37 PM

Oh no hun, definately not you or any other regular member. Just one who decided to recently be stubborn and pig-headed about a problem, something I just can't stand and tends to appear in noobs.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Hannahmontanagurl123456 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 14 Votes / 4.36 Average
Default 06-25-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polkasaur View Post
As a 'newbie" to the forums I OBJECT!!! Hehe. Nah, I must say I lurked the forums as a guest for awhile today and read up on quite alot. I'm pretty paranoid with what people think of me so I do tend to read things before I make a comment on something =)

But, I do however understand where you're coming from. I've been to another forum and having new people come there and post silly things that are only repeated questions or comments.

I mean....
Y00000 Singergirl509 chu betta lyke BAK OFFFFFF. AIGHTTTT?!!!? Just cuz im newz don gota meen u gott da ryte to trash me.AIGHT?!?! im l33t to da max yo. i will PWN yo butt.

Kidding =)
Hehe. But this being my first post, I think I'm off to a good start, eh?

Yes,
what you posted in bold,
is VERY noob like.
I think you are a cool newb, by the way.

Do.You.Remember.When
Getting high only meant swinging on the playground
The worst things boys could do was give you cooties
Wearing Skirts didnt mean you were bad
war was just a card game
Life was carefree
Its silly looking back on all of this and remembering
That all we ever wanted to do was grow up
(#14 (permalink))
Old
IcePrincess48 (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 5 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to IcePrincess48 Send a message via MSN to IcePrincess48
Default 06-25-2007, 09:46 PM

Some newbies are really nice (and they read the rules) and others are mean and spam and don't read the rules.
The nice newbie on here is Polkasaur!

Happy June everyone and have a happy summer!

Credits:
Avie - Cutiekins.
Doll - Me; Animated by x_____x.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Polkasaur (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: 5 Votes / 4.20 Average
Default 06-26-2007, 02:15 AM

=) Thanks for the sweet comments on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
There's a difference between different newbies. There are newbs, who are just ignorant of how to use forums; once they're gently corrected and placed on the right road, they can become useful forum members. Then there are noobs, who act like you said. Newbs I don't mind, noobs are irritating.
I didn't know there were different terms, (Noob. Newb.)
I thought they all meant the same thing, but now that you pointed out the difference it makes things alot more simple
I'm glad I don't feel as if I've been placed under as a "Noob"
Woohoo!
.... Now time to go spam every current topic by saying "Cheese doodles".
MUHAHAHA!
=D

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-26-2007, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
Heck, I remember when Miranda was a little lurker that refused to join and posted as a guest all the time
Now, that's going back a couple of years! XD I only joined I think when Elanorea suggested to me that I did so I could be in the running for modship... I didn't get it that time, but I wasn't really that bothered, just carried on as I was, only this time I'd started RPing and building up my feared postcount. Yeah, Polkasaur is starting out the right way and hopefully will stay around here.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 06-26-2007, 06:28 AM

No one likes little old me anymore? =,(

I'm only kidding. But yeah.... Polkasaur is good so far. XD

As long as people READ the rules, and abide by them, I don't think they're TOO bad. Lol.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-26-2007, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeplz View Post
This is all I say some can be a biggo pain in the butt. I agree with Hayleydoll though if they read the rules they are ok!
Sorry to say this, but you're as bad as they are. You broke a lot of rules, and you still do.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 06-26-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Now, that's going back a couple of years! XD I only joined I think when Elanorea suggested to me that I did so I could be in the running for modship... I didn't get it that time, but I wasn't really that bothered, just carried on as I was, only this time I'd started RPing and building up my feared postcount. Yeah, Polkasaur is starting out the right way and hopefully will stay around here.
I'm allowed to go back a few years seeing I've been here for nearly four now XD I always wondered why you suddenly changed your mind about joining because we all used to argue with you about it... Was that the one and only time we tried voting? Wow, that really was a disaster. I remember being up too and barely losing... Ah, well, life went on and I took the opportunity to become better matured. Man, those were the good old days when men were men and flamers were always postgrep, who was then dj_andercore

Anyways, I swear this thread has turned into a shrine for polkasaur. You should feel happy, we don't normally do that hehe...

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-25-2009 at 10:13 AM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 06-26-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:

I joooined the forum in 03-02-2005.

I remember starting one of the first RP's. And I remember around the time they started getting big on these forums. p=

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.