Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

View Poll Results: Do you believe in life after Death
Yes, of course (and we'll go to Heaven...) 25 28.09%
Yes, of course (see you all in Hell...) 7 7.87%
Yes, of course (you will get waht you deserve...) 31 34.83%
Not sure, actually 11 12.36%
Never thought about it 2 2.25%
No, when it's over it's over... 13 14.61%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-03-2008, 08:50 AM

Not if you're cataleptic (sp?) which means you're basically in a trance and you look dead; if you were burned during that time, you wouldn't feel anything, however if you were buried, you'd later wake up inside your coffin.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 03-05-2008, 07:38 PM

I believe in re-incarnation.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-10-2008, 04:12 PM

I don't believe I ever posted here, but I believe in reincarnation until we reach a spiritual perfection. Once that is reached, I feel that our spirits are released and never appear again. Basically the "rotting in the Earth" business, except only once we've fixed what is wrong with ourselves.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 03-13-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
I don't believe I ever posted here, but I believe in reincarnation until we reach a spiritual perfection. Once that is reached, I feel that our spirits are released and never appear again. Basically the "rotting in the Earth" business, except only once we've fixed what is wrong with ourselves.

My beliefs are similar to that, I believe that once a spirit has lived through every point of view they will discover the meaning of life and will be accepted into a elysium-fields-esque existance forever.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-13-2008, 10:14 PM

I don't believe there is an actual set meaning of life. I feel that the "meaning of life" changes from spirit to spirit and lifetime to lifetime. My idea is that each lifetime we are given problems to solve within ourselves and whether or not we succeed effects how our next lifetime proceeds. Those problems and the solutions, as well as what we learn, is probably the meaning we are supposed to get from that lifetime, but it is only one tiny shred of wisdom in something that is beyond understanding. Maybe our meaning is to discover the meaning, but then again I think humans would despair if they thought there was nothing out there for them, no meaning whatsoever so they search for a nonexistant one.

I suppose when you think about it it is all pointless since in my mind they'll end up being eliminated anyways once they finally understand it all, but that is the sort of defeatist attitude that humans should avoid. Maybe I'm just a little too at peace with the idea that there is no meaning for our existence.

(#66 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-13-2008, 10:22 PM

Meaning of life = 42. Just thought I'd throw that in. ^^

I'm glad to see that this thread is being respectful now; just remember, no-one is right or wrong, we all have different opinions, that's all.

(#67 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-13-2008, 10:32 PM

LMAO! Ultimate win for you because you gave us the answer to life. Too bad we have yet to know the question

Would you like me to shake things up? You know I'm always in the mood to bring the forums crashing down upon our heads. I could always quote a random persons post and then make lots of rude comments about how wrong they are according to my brain.

(#68 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 03-13-2008, 10:37 PM

I am always tempted in threads like this to post "Everyone's wrong cept for me." XD Just for the lulz.

(#69 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 03-13-2008, 11:01 PM

Well I hate to break it to ya but I know the meaning of life and what is after death...however, I have been sworn to secrecy by the cult leader and I can't tell anyone or the world will come crashing down around us

Ok more on topic...I believe in reincarnation, spirits and karma. My husband believes we die and rot in the ground. We both respect and like each others beliefs, and we love having debates on how we feel about certain subjects that relate to that.
I find it most interesting that my beliefs are very eastern...very much like Hindu, when I didn't even know hinduism existed for a very long time (elementary schools are a lot better than they used to be...)

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
(#70 (permalink))
Old
EYExLINER (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to EYExLINER
Default 03-14-2008, 12:32 AM

i vote for Yes, of course (and we'll go to Heaven...)..