Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

General Discussion Anything you want to talk about.

View Poll Results: Do you believe in life after Death
Yes, of course (and we'll go to Heaven...) 25 28.09%
Yes, of course (see you all in Hell...) 7 7.87%
Yes, of course (you will get waht you deserve...) 31 34.83%
Not sure, actually 11 12.36%
Never thought about it 2 2.25%
No, when it's over it's over... 13 14.61%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
grooveygirl10 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-28-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetahja94 View Post
There is evidence on both sides, that there is a God and that there is not. I don't believe in evolution; don't hate me, that is what I think. I believe that a God created everything, and that Adam and Eve were the first humans.

I don't need proof. I go by faith that the Bible is real, ya know? I feel really strongly about it.

But this also means that I believe when you die, you go through Judgement Day, where all of your sins are used against you, to determine whether or not you eternally die or whether you eternally live. I believe most things in the Bible are real, even David and Goliath (there is proof for that story, mostly about the sheer size of Goliath). Maybe not that whale story, but you know, I just believe that there is a God, and he is the center of the universe.

I guess we won't know if there is life after death until we are dead.
Yes, I'm like that too. And I really hope that there is an afterlife 'cause I sure don't wanna rot in the ground for eternity... And Miranda and you others, you act like it's funny.... I seriously don't see any humor in becoming worm chow.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-28-2007, 03:15 PM

If you don't laugh then what do you expect? What's funny is that people believe that there's something left after we've rotted in the ground and they actually shorten their lives worrying about it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Maddie705 (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 12-28-2007, 07:28 PM

I do not believe in heaven nor H-E-L-L.But this christams about 3 days ago, i saw the ghost of Mary,sitting with jesus on the front stoop of the church,above them, was a small sign that said "Inn" in the windows i saw Joseph, or what he looked like, fighting with a man,he walked out and it disappeared.

Weird right? Thats what it looked like but it could have been a trick of the light (Do,do,do,do,do,do,do,do........)
(#54 (permalink))
Old
cwer (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 20 Votes / 4.15 Average
Default 12-28-2007, 08:07 PM

Guys, just watch history channel or science channel. You'll see a logical explanation on how the earth was formed, etc.......Believe me, there you will see how everthing REALLY works. Not all of this biblical writing written a couple thousand years ago. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this seems the most reasonable. HOW did a 'super' being' evolve, and why isnt their one on earth, making the earth an actual peacful place? Its quite simple actulay. Over MILLIONS of years, underwater microinvirdabrates evolved into new species, eventually forming into land creatures. With the constant changing of the atmosphere and tempature, things evolved into new things, more superior things. Things that could easily camoflauge, and their intrepritation of things grew (their brains). I hope this helps anybody who dosent know what to beleive. ALTHOUGH the biblical writings (some) could be true, dosent this seem right? Things are changing all the time, and the proof is infront of you. I don't know about the after life however. Its a fifty fifty chance with that weather ther is or isint. One of the most logical explations for life after death (if there is) is reancarnation. You have a tottaly new look at things and how your brain fuctions. Its a tottaly new groove if the reancarnation theroy is 100% true. This is MY entitled opinion, and something you should ignore compleatly if you dont agree.

(#55 (permalink))
Old
AnnieAnonymous (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-28-2007, 10:03 PM

Blah... This is why it is DANGEROUS to talk about religion. lol

This is what I think.

There was (and still is) a lot of suffering. It was/is difficult to get by. So, religion was invented. If we're all good and live nice lives, no matter how crappy things might seem now, at least the afterlife will be sweet!

I have been to many churches for many different religions. I have read bits of the Bible. My parents always told me, "You can decide how you feel when you can make the choice yourself." Kids at school have preached me, but I stand by what I think.

I think there is no life after this. So live as best as you can right now, because it's all your going to get! I base how I feel on facts, and all I see in the bible are words. Words, words, words written thousands of years ago. To me, it means nothing.

Please don't bash me about how I'm going to hell, because I'll simply reply "At least satin doesn't judge us!" and laugh, laugh, laugh. You don't preach me, I don't preach you.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
x_____x (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-29-2007, 02:04 PM

Sometimes, when I see people I never met before, it feels like I know them, it's actually really weird.
Talking about 'life after death', brings up so many topics to mind-
  • The Egyptians
  • Religions
  • Heaven and the Underworld..
It would be amazing if someone died, then doctors could bring the person back to life and ask what they saw. That would prove a lot of things..
But, since I'm Christian, my parents assume that everyone gets placed somewhere. In my opinion, if there is life after death, I'm most likely to go to the Underworld.

P.S. The Underworld in my language means the 'H' word.

, ana(:
credits go to KaraKupcakex for my gorgeous avatar !(:
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-01-2008, 09:08 AM

Worm chow is possible. XD Tho I personally want to be cremated so there's no chance of live burial... O_o

(#58 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 01-02-2008, 03:00 PM

Actually i've always been thinking about what ways humanity could extend its lifspan, not permenantly of course, that would be worse than dieing.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-02-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakesRock View Post
Sometimes, when I see people I never met before, it feels like I know them, it's actually really weird.
Talking about 'life after death', brings up so many topics to mind-
  • The Egyptians
  • Religions
  • Heaven and the Underworld..
It would be amazing if someone died, then doctors could bring the person back to life and ask what they saw. That would prove a lot of things..
But, since I'm Christian, my parents assume that everyone gets placed somewhere. In my opinion, if there is life after death, I'm most likely to go to the Underworld.

P.S. The Underworld in my language means the 'H' word.
I've got a quirky philosophy about what happens after death, it's a random thing I thought of. XD If I can ever be bothered to post it I'll explain it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#60 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 01-03-2008, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Worm chow is possible. XD Tho I personally want to be cremated so there's no chance of live burial... O_o
But a live buriel can happen wether you're cremated or buried, eccept when they cremate you alive it hurts considerably more.