Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Food, Cooking and Recipes Everything that has to deal with food and places to eat. Share your food recipes and secrets, talk about favourite dishes and restaurants.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Bacon :) - 02-22-2013, 05:44 PM

Oh boy, I sure do love Bacon! It's my favorite food. So now I'm dedicating a thread to it! If anyone has any Bacon related recipes or Bacon anything feel free to post!

Here's a Bacon Cheese Turtleburger. Handmade ground beef patties, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in a bacon weave…then the next step, add Hebrew National hotdogs as the heads, legs and tail. Next step? Place on an oven rack, covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. A little crispy, not too crunchy…just how a turtle should be, no?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-22-2013, 10:28 PM

Heart attack in turtle form, but it looks oh-so-good! Did you make these yourself? Color me impressed!

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Default 02-22-2013, 11:12 PM

Haha I wish I made them! Perhaps I could convince my Mom cook up these soon. My mouth is watering just looking at it.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 05-07-2013, 11:46 AM

OMG, I love bacon, but I can't eat it right now (especially in turtle-shaped burger form!) because I'm on a diet. >_> Curse bacon and its ultra yumminess.

Side note, I also don't want to eat as much meat anymore because I watched a vegan documentary last week and now I'm trying to eat minimal amounts of meat.

BUT BACON IS DELICIOUS AND I WISH I COULD EAT IT ALL DAY.

YUM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-07-2013, 08:09 PM

Ha those look creepy, but also delicious. Bacon is the food of the gods.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Default 05-07-2013, 10:39 PM

Ever since I've pronounced my love to Bacon, my Spanish teacher has been trying to keep up with me. He'll talk about anything Bacon related and he tells me all sorts of recipes.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Default 08-08-2013, 05:54 PM

So this would be AWESOME for Valentine's Day or just to say "I love you!"

(#8 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-09-2013, 03:37 PM

You really love bacon. xD

Those bacon-roses are amazing. I want them so bad. I don't like chocolate, so those would be great for Valentines.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-15-2013, 05:40 PM

So, when my youth group went on our annual Castle retreat this year, we had to make up different "kingdoms" so my group created....Bacanada. Because we all LOVE bacon...except one girl didn't, so she got to live on Pancake Island. Then we decided to rename the rest of the Canadian territories/provinces/cities that we could remember with breakfast puns: Torontoast, Montreoatmeal, Oncheerio, Nova Sconce-cia (well, actually, we called it "Nova Skillet", but the other one hit me when I got home and looked at the words), Winnipeggs-over-easy, etc. And we gave everyone in the group breakfast names, so I was Bridie Danish, and another girl was Rice Chrispina, and it was excellent and everyone wanted to punch us xD

We made our castle out of leftover breakfast boxes
It was *ahem* egg-cellent.

EDIT: Seeing Hayley post about CFL stuff reminded me that we also christenend Egg-monton, British Colombia-n Coffee, and Saskatchewaffle.

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 08-17-2013 at 08:50 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-29-2013, 03:51 PM

Those names are AWESOME. I just about died of laughter. I think my favourite is Saskachewaffle. xD

I WANT BACON NOW. I have some in the fridge....