Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Food, Cooking and Recipes Everything that has to deal with food and places to eat. Share your food recipes and secrets, talk about favourite dishes and restaurants.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Christmas Food - 12-06-2012, 07:57 AM

What food do you like for Christmas? Well, I like the traditional turkey with all the trimmings for Christmas dinner, but in my family we generally have the pudding on either Christmas Eve or Boxing Day cuz it's too stodgy to eat after a turky dinner. XD We have mince pies instead on Christmas Day.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-09-2012, 03:20 PM

Around here, the traditional Christmas dish consists of potatoes, sauerk'raut and blood sausage. I like the potatoes and cabbage, the sausage not so much. My grandma always makes loads of sprat sandwiches as well, they're delicious.

EDIT: Why even is sauerk'raut censored :S :/ :?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-09-2012, 04:12 PM

Cuz it's EVIL.

Sprats are fish, right?

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM

If by evil you mean devilishly tasty, sure :P

And yep, they are.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-09-2012, 04:22 PM

I think I had it once; it's the cabbage stuff, isn't it? XD

I always like to hear about other people's Christmas dinners; especially when they're different to the whole turkey thing that's normal in England. XD Some Americans have ham or something different for Christmas, probably cuz they've already stuffed their faces with turkey at Thanksgiving so are sick of it.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 12-09-2012, 04:28 PM

Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever eaten turkey. Does it taste anything like chicken?

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-09-2012, 04:46 PM

A little, cuz it's a bird as well, but nicer. Turkeys have more dark meat than chickens do, cuz they exercise more. XD

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 12-10-2012, 07:29 PM

Turkey tastes a little like chicken, apparently everything tastes like chicken lol, snakes, crocodile, squirrel the list goes on, because its hot here in Australia we tend to eat a lot lighter, bbq, glazed ham, seafood(not for me so much tho), salads, cold platters, cold drinks, trifle, summer berry pudding(my fave), pavlova etc, Years ago lot of Australians, myself included still liked to serve the traditional christmas fare but it is just way too hot to cook and eat that type of food on a hot day, and why would you when it is so nice to eat al fresco. We have our own traditions now.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM

For my family it has always been turkey at Thanksgiving and ham at Christmas time. Of course I think my favorite things at Christmas is all of the extra goodies that we don't usually have during the rest of the year. My favorite is my mom's Hamburger Cheese dip. It is amazing (more amazing than the name sounds) and usaually have that and snack on different finger foods and treats Christmas Eve and Morning. Then we have the big meal in the evening and then of course the big dessert or two ^_^. We are definately not one of those families that eat the holiday meals at 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#10 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM

Well, the company my dad works for gives him a free turkey for Thanksgiving and a free ham for Christmas, so for the past couple years, that's what we've eaten Apparently, we used to always do either turkey or roast beef for dinner Christmas Eve, depending on which side of the family we were with (Dad was roast beef; Mom was turkey). But the big thing my family does (used to do) is (was) brunch on Christmas Day. We would, after opening gufts from Santa, have family and friends over and serve fruit salad, egg and sausage casserole, mokey bread (which is delicious), bagels and various breads (possibly Irish Soda Bread; I can't remember if that was reserved for St. Patrick's Day only), and the big star of the whol thing: My great-grandma's recipe for bean casserole. It's always a huge hit, but I don't think beans...or eggs...so I usually end up eating lots of bread and fruit xD I think the beans have bacon bits in them, but I might be making that up since I barely eat them, haha.

one year, when I was about 3 or 4, my mother went full on Martha stewart and made reindeer and snowflake gingerbread ornaments for all of our guests with their names on them, including one for the dog of of neighbors who we occasionaly dogsat for. She also made a bunch of cranberry trees using styrofoam and toothpicks, and well as hotgluing various fake fruits into centerpiece garlands. I think she learned her lesson after that: it's just not worth it xD The cookies were all at least six inches, if not about a foot big...though I could be remembering them larger than they were since I was, you know, a small child (they were litterally as big as my head at the time...or they seemed that way anyway xD)

Our favorite holiday drink: Egg nog, minus the brandy, sometimes cut in half with milk, with a dusting of nutmeg, or in my case, pumpkin pie spice. Yum!

Av/Sig set: Lovie