Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Food, Cooking and Recipes (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/food-cooking-recipes/)
-   -   Favorite Takeout! (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/food-cooking-recipes/23297-favorite-takeout.html)

Silent_Wolf 09-22-2012 08:03 PM

Favorite Takeout!

Be it your favorite restaurant or just your favorite type of food to eat, we've all got one: Pizza, burgers, chicken, Indian, Chinese, Thai.

Let us hear them!

My two favorite places are The New Dumpling House and Pizza Bellino; the former is this really nice Chinese-takeout like place with a fantastic sit-in restaurant. They're also tied into the Sushi House; which by the way makes the best sushi in town.

Also, I tried sushi for the first time Thursday out of frustration with myself for being such a picky eater. I had a spicy spider roll - this is to say, a roll with fried softshell crab, a soft flesh fruit similar to avacado, and fried onions wrapped in rice and nori covered in a sweet sauce and a spicy one. It is so, so, so good and I have been kicking myself in the ass for not trying it before!

Pizza Bellino is one of those kind of dingy, shady looking places - but they make phenomenal pizzas, and their calzones are fantastic! Their service is hit-or-miss depending on their work load; sometimes they're great, sometimes they're jerks, but all-around they're pretty cool. :)

belladoggy 09-22-2012 08:51 PM

My absolutely favorite Chinese restaurant is a place called "Sun S***" but it is REALLY expensive. It's where I go every year for my birthday dinner. my favorite take out place is called "Hong Kong Lite" and it's also one of those shady, janky looking places, but their food is actually very delicious. We ordered from there before homecoming in 2009; each of use chipped in $10 and we ate at one of our homes (I believe there were 12 of us? 6 couples, I think).

My favorite place for a quick bite is Napoli's Pizza (or Naps) which is a pizza place not far from where I live. I usually only get single slices of pizza from there because the slices are literally as big as my face and only cost about $2.50 each. I've been meaning to try some of their entrees, but they are mostly known for the pizza.

Aussiemum777 09-27-2012 08:34 PM

My favorite take out atm would have to be a Japanese place nearby that I quite often stop in at after work, they make great fried rice and gyozas, I also love this little dumpling house which also looks really dodgy but the food is great and it's always busy which is a great sign and I can never say no to Mexican food:).

Miranda_ 09-30-2012 08:48 AM

Gotta to be pizza. XD There's a Domino's Pizza just five minutes walk from where I live; I don't go there often, as takeout's expensive but it's nice to treat myself sometimes.

MsShino 10-02-2012 09:16 PM

Pizza is one of my favs too.

Although there is this amazing Mexican Resturaunt that is like two doors down from where I work. There food is sooo good. And really reasonably priced too. As a matter of fact I may go there for dinner. ^_^ mmm yummy.