Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Food, Cooking and Recipes Everything that has to deal with food and places to eat. Share your food recipes and secrets, talk about favourite dishes and restaurants.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default Sweetening Heart-Day...or ANY Day! <3 - 02-07-2011, 07:03 PM

So Valentines Day is coming up! And I adore baking!

Anyone got any really neat ideas for something sweet I can make to finish off the night right? And even after Valentines Day is over, I still love baking...so give me some sweet ideas, period!

Pictures/Links/Recipes are greatly appreciated!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 02-08-2011, 06:12 AM

I was thinking of making these on Sunday for a birthday, they sound soooo delicious if you want to go to the effort of baking with yeast which takes more time & effort but well worth it.
Here is a link to a recipe site which I am a member of and use quite often.
http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Cinnamon-Rolls-L5299.html

Chocolate cake is always a good option too, I know you like dark chocolate like me so you can use dark cocoa or dutch cocoa powder in your choc cake, Divine!
A favorite around here are self saucing puddings especially choc or lemon.
Hope this helps
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-09-2011, 02:35 PM

Ooo! I'm excited to try out the cinnamon rolls recipe! That would be great for a sweet morning. I'd make them for Valentine's Day, but I found this rainbow sprinkle pink pancake mix that I'm going to make for him. (He's a lover of sprinkles, such a silly thing for a man to love )

I normally do a luscious chocolate cake or mousse every year, but I haven't thought of anything more creative to try.

Any other suggestions girls?

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 02-09-2011, 05:12 PM

Rainbow sprinkles hey...very manly indeed!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-10-2011, 12:33 AM

Chocolate Fudge Cookies Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I'm suggesting this because it is Jason's favorite dessert. I'm serious, he wants it every holiday. They just come out so moist and perfect, it even pleases him and he likes his cookies crunchy.

Do-It-Yourself Truffles - Chocolate Ganache - Dessert Recipes - Delish.com

This is what me and Jason are doing for Valentine's day this year. We've actually been looking up different truffle combinations and have had to limit down what we want to do, simply because there is no way we'll eat as many truffles as we want to make. I haven't tried the recipe yet, and it'll require some reduction because its a party sized recipe, but it looks promising. I liked that it doesn't ask for you to melt the chocolate on the stove, instead having you pour hot cream into it. I find melting chocolate to be a pain and usually mess it up, so anything to simplify that. The possibilities are endless (seriously, you could do fruits, liquors, spicy, sweet, whatever!) and its a simple, fun dish you could even do with him.
(I'd suggest these sites for flavor ideas, I've found them to be really interesting: Chocolate Truffle Flavours, The Combinations Are Unlimited Intrigue Chocolates Co. - Chocolate Truffle Flavors)

For a little more exotic, these are supposed to be delicious! I remember searching them after hearing about it on Food Network.
Fromage Friday: Deep Chocolate Brownies with Chevre Swirls

If you can't tell, I save a lot of food recipes.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#6 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-10-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
Do-It-Yourself Truffles - Chocolate Ganache - Dessert Recipes - Delish.com

This is what me and Jason are doing for Valentine's day this year. We've actually been looking up different truffle combinations and have had to limit down what we want to do, simply because there is no way we'll eat as many truffles as we want to make......
Curse you Kitty...how the heck am I supposed to keep off all the weight I lost if I now hold the most powerful evil ever....the recipe to truffles.

I will MOST DEFINATELY be making those! I'm sort of meh with the chocolate swirl brownie thing (this family eats too many brownies to keep it's luster), but those cookies look scrumptious for sure!

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-10-2011, 11:00 PM

I know, I sense that truffle recipe is going to be the end of me D: Especially since I've struck upon a desire for a creme de menthe truffle and won't live now without one! Alcoholic truffles, what every girl needs.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-13-2011, 11:47 AM

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ghirardelli-Chocolate-Cheescake-Valentine-Hearts/Detail.aspx
I haven't made this before, but it looks really good. I hope you enjoy! (:

I will ask my dad's fiancée for the recipe, but she made these wonderful cookies made out of Ritz Crackers and peanut butter, then she dipped them in white chocolate. I ate a bunch of them lol.

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Xyrielle (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-13-2011, 09:11 PM

Try one for Easter or Earth Day. I haven't find recipes for those cakes, thought. xD
Or if your like me, I use my clay to make cakes. :3