Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Food, Cooking and Recipes (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/food-cooking-recipes/)
-   -   Fav Fair Food? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/food-cooking-recipes/21613-fav-fair-food.html)

RainbowsAndStitches 09-06-2009 09:15 PM

Fav Fair Food?

Mines pinapple whip icecream :D

Aussiemum777 09-19-2009 04:18 AM

Fairy floss.....and any testers available, I love taste testing foods..

Kiwi_Kat 09-07-2011 07:33 PM

Please don't whip me for gold digging.

Since it's fair season over here I thought I'd post some of the weirdest things I've seen at the LA County Fair.

Chocolate covered bacon, deep fried butter, a chicken sandwich with jelly-filled Krispy Kreme Donuts as buns, frog legs on icecream.

And to me, the worst. A deep fried twinkie. Twinkies are sponge cakes. Sponges absorb things. Deep fry means sitting in oil. Twinkie equals oil holder. SO NASTY!

But my favorites have to be funnel cakes and churros. Mmm!

belladoggy 09-07-2011 11:51 PM

I love Churros, but I never get them

Deep-Fried Twinkies are the epitome of disgusted, instant heart attack foods. Deep fried butter is up there, though. Can you imagine eating a plain stick of butter? Just goes to show people will eat anything. Honestly, I think the only thing worse than chocolate covered bacon, is that, deep-fried, then dipped in chocolate and dusted with powdered sugar. Rule 34 comes to mind, but I sure there's a better fitted rule for awful, raise-you-cholesterol-just-by-thinking-about-them foods.

Kiwi_Kat 09-08-2011 07:14 PM

Well the butter is actually dipped in batter and then dusted with sugar and cinnamon and stuff. If you just stuck a stick of butter in a fryer it would melt.

Always_And_Forever_MeGeek 09-09-2011 04:33 PM

Funnel Cakes. Definitely funnel cakes. Who dosen't like deep fried dough covered in sugar?! Also elephant ears...mmm...

Silent_Wolf 09-09-2011 10:25 PM

Hey, chocolate-covered bacon is actually really tasty. There's this company that actually makes chocolate bars with crumbled bacon in it. <3 It's not greasy either, just has this pleasant snap to it.

ELEPHANT EAARRS. Which are like funnel cakes, just flatter and bigger and about the size of, well, an elephant ear. :lol:

Also, fries. The fair at my grandfather's hometown has these amazing crisp/flimsy fries that are delicious and amazing and are already just perfectly salted. They're actually really good with vinegar too and I hate the stuff as a condiment!

naruto_fan 03-13-2012 10:01 PM

Omg funnel cakes with powdered sugar and chocolate. *drools*
The carnival is coming to town at the end of the month, and good thing too becuase I've been craving a funnel cake!

eros 04-02-2012 10:38 PM

Let's see...
There's the funnel cakes with their powdery goodness! Then the foot long corndogs are nice, and not to mention pork rinds. Yum! They're really good when they're fresh.