Food Preparation Tips
The idea for this popped into my head. If you have any food prep tips, feel free to share. ^^ Just make sure someone else hasn't posted it first, though!
1. Never use the same cutting board for meats and fruits/vegetables; use a separate one for each. Same applies to the knives you use to cut them with; wash them in hot, soapy water (then rinse in hot water) thoroughly if you must use the same knives.
2. Never use a metal knife to cut lettuce/cabbage/other leafy vegetables; this causes the leaves to brown where they were cut. Plastic lettuce knives can be found at stores; not only can you use them for leafy-veggie cutting, it's also useful for cake and other desserts.
3. If you're melting butter, KEEP AN EYE ON IT! It will continue to melt even after the microwave is done. If melting it on a pan, keep an eye on it if it's at a high temp.
4. Never, ever, E-V-E-R fry bacon without a shirt. Seriously. Just don't do it.
5. If you ever manage to burn a sauce into a pan, try this: Fill the pan/pot with water after draining out the remaining sauce (if there was any) and set it on the stove; boil the water and once it boils for a bit, you should be able to scrape the burned stuff off the pot/pan. ^_^
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.|
© 2007 The Doll Palace