Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Food, Cooking and Recipes Everything that has to deal with food and places to eat. Share your food recipes and secrets, talk about favourite dishes and restaurants.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to xomusicluvaa
Default to veg or not to veg? - 07-23-2008, 11:28 PM

ive seriously been considering going vegitarian for many resons. ive done a ton of research but im still not sure. here are some of the pros and cons if i went veg:

pros:
  1. my skin might be clearer because some meats are very greasy
  2. i don't even like many meats so it wouldnt be THAT bad
  3. id bee saving a poor inosent animals life
cons:
  1. my family eats meat for dinner practically every night
  2. cows contribute to global warming when ever they pass gass (dont believe me? look it up) so i wouldnt be helping decrease the population
  3. i dont like many vegatables
so i need opinoins what should i do?!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-24-2008, 08:50 AM

1. You would be surprised how frequently you eat those few meats. I know I'm surprised by how often I do.
2. It's been proven meats and other foods do NOT contribute to facial acne. If your food is greasy, quit eating takeout. (That was a joke.)
3. If you don't like many vegetables, then you're basically eating nothing. Also, you eat fruits as well; it's not strictly vegetables.

Also, being veg doesn't necessarily equal being healthy and gorgeous. I know people who are vegetarian and some of the sickliest people I've ever seen because they don't get the vitamins, minerals, etc., they really need from vegetables and fruits.

Along with that, you need to consider the fact you're 15 (or possibly younger, you're just registered as 15). Your body is still developing; unless you have a physical disability to eat and digest meat, being a vegetarian isn't a good idea.

And about the innocent animal deal: There are several types of cows, meat cows being one of them, and meat cows are specifically bred as food, so you shouldn't feel guilty about it.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 07-24-2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Typos, d'oh!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-24-2008, 03:31 PM

If we didn't breed meat animals for eating, then they wouldn't exist. Also, take a look at the food chain; lions kill zebra, wolves kill deer. No point in feeling guilty, it's part of nature.

If you do decide to become a vegetarian, make sure you do plenty of research and don't just eat pretend meat like Quorn; you need to eat a varied diet to stay healthy as a veggie.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 07-24-2008, 07:01 PM

Just to tack this on, plenty of creatures contribute to global warming. When you pass gas you are doing exactly the same thing as the cows are, but I don't see you suggesting that we kill off other humans and eat them. Really, that is one of the silliest reasons to be a vegetarian.

At your age, it is highly unhealthy to choose that lifestyle because your body is still developing. Maybe if you wanted to do it in your 20s when you are generally done growing then you could do it, but now is the worst possible time to do so.

If you do decide to do this, you need to consult a doctor first because you will need to know what vitamins you will need to take to deal with whatever ones you are losing from not eating meat. That way your growth will not be affected by the changed diet and they can help direct you to a proper vegetarian diet, as well as monitor its effects upon you.

Finally, there may be certain health problems which can make it more difficult to be a vegetarian. I know I can't completely stop eating meat because I have an iron deficiency, which is one of the vitamins which is plentiful and much more easily absorbed when in meat as compared to vegetables. Even though I take supplements, I still have many problems and have to make an effort to eat foods with lots of iron in them for all my meals. This problem typically doesn't occur until you hit puberty, about now, but is common, as are some others which can affect your decision.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-18-2010, 02:17 AM

I'm a vegetarian myself

Consider carefully, you need lots of protein so you'll probably need to eat lots of lentils, green vegetables and tofu...>.> yes I eat this stuffs

It's not especially bad or good but If it makes you feel good go for it!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
PruneBlossom (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-18-2010, 04:46 PM

Take it one step at a time. Try cutting back meats first. I am a vegetarian myself. And I love it. Meats are gross if you really taste it. I definitely go for vegetarian all the way. But it's up to you.