Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Food, Cooking and Recipes Everything that has to deal with food and places to eat. Share your food recipes and secrets, talk about favourite dishes and restaurants.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TechnoMayhem (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 3 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via AIM to TechnoMayhem
Default Veggie Kids. - 05-30-2008, 06:46 PM

:3
I luff veggies.XD
People say if your a veggie-tarian(my way of saying it)
that you can't eat cheese, that doesn't make any sense to me, milk doesn't have to do with eating animals/meat one bit, its milk, a liquid.
:P
Any veggie kids out there?
^-^

You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-30-2008, 10:17 PM

Well, if people don't eat milk or eggs, its because they're vegan, so they eat nothing that even has to do with animals.
I would much rather be a "veggie-kid", since I'm really not too fond of meat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Lolo27 (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-04-2008, 11:48 AM

I love being vegetarian!

I couldn't be vegan because i would like live on pasta. I don't see how cows get hurt by being milked anyway, they need to be milked right? and they are usually in good conditions and lovely big fields happily eating grass. DOn't think you should kill them though!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TechnoMayhem (Offline)
Shuni

Default 06-04-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo27 View Post
I love being vegetarian!

I couldn't be vegan because i would like live on pasta. I don't see how cows get hurt by being milked anyway, they need to be milked right? and they are usually in good conditions and lovely big fields happily eating grass. DOn't think you should kill them though!
Yeah I know how ya feel, the cows get milked from their babies anywho, I don't think a mere milker machine thing will be any different.
I always see cows when we go on trips, I just want to feed them and pet them.
Mii luffs cows.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 01-02-2009, 05:51 PM

If you don't want a cow to be harmed, in the processing of your milk, then just buy organic milk. The cows are raised on large farms, which benefits in the taste of your milk. Not to mention the humanity of the cow. ^__^

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-22-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoMayhem View Post
Yeah I know how ya feel, the cows get milked from their babies anywho, I don't think a mere milker machine thing will be any different.
I always see cows when we go on trips, I just want to feed them and pet them.
Mii luffs cows.

Um...just one or two small comments on your comment...
Those milking machines are probably a least a little painful for the cows who are hooked up to them...I mean, how would you like to have to be hooked up to some machine on a regular basis and be pumped dry?
And the problem with buying milk is that not every company treats the cows how they should be treated. Since that there is no law saying that they have to divulge this information then you never really know exactly how these animals are being treated.
So...yeah...

Also, although I'm not a vegetarian right now, my sister has recently joined the ranks and lately I have been considering following her example...

"I have always valued my lifelessness."

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TechnoMayhem (Offline)
Shuni

Default 02-22-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliginorski View Post
Um...just one or two small comments on your comment...
Those milking machines are probably a least a little painful for the cows who are hooked up to them...I mean, how would you like to have to be hooked up to some machine on a regular basis and be pumped dry?
And the problem with buying milk is that not every company treats the cows how they should be treated. Since that there is no law saying that they have to divulge this information then you never really know exactly how these animals are being treated.
So...yeah...

Also, although I'm not a vegetarian right now, my sister has recently joined the ranks and lately I have been considering following her example...
Well I understand where your coming from. I follow Peta and seen how animals are abused, so ya I know how they are being treated in a way.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-22-2009, 07:35 AM

Actually, if a cow isn't milked it's actually even more painful. It's like us humans having a psychotically-overfilled bladder; it hurts and they feel bloated. And in any case, advances in milking machine technologies makes it less painful for them; plus computers can actually calculate when to stop milking the cow.

I'm not vegetarian but I do eat more veggies and fruits than I do meats, but I can honestly say I couldn't live without cheeseburgers or pepperoni. >>

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-22-2009, 09:38 AM

I also would think very hard before championing PETA, if I were you; they not only are nuts as far as some of their issues go; for example, creating an entire site to mock the Olsen twins about wearing fur, calling them the Trollsons (if someone on here made a thread to mock another user on here, that would be harrassment) and making weird and unworkable suggestions, such as that B&J use brea'st milk rather than cow's milk, but they're also pretty hypocritical. For example, they support the terrorist animal rights organisation the Animal Liberation Front who bomb laboritories, release dangerous mink and laboritory animals into the wild and even dug up an old lady's grave to make a point. They also don't like pets and kill cats and dogs and store them in freezers. Some of their issues may be admirable, but I'd rather not support such deranged thinkers, personally.

As far as milking cows go, domestic cows are bred to produce far more milk than any calf could drink. That is what they are bred for; milk and meat. You can choose not to drink the milk or eat the meat, but that is your choice. Respect the choice of others to drink milk and eat meat. I do both, but I would never dream of trying to make a veggie do what I do. Even if I don't agree with their stance, I can at least respect it.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 02-22-2009, 10:26 AM

I would never be a veggie kid or a vegetarian for I reason: 1. I love meat way to much to give it up.

I just wanted to know if this is true, in a PETA commercial that got banned from the Superbowl, it claims vegetarians have better sex, is that true? Not that I am thinking about doing that, I just wanted to know.