Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Food, Cooking and Recipes (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/food-cooking-recipes/)
-   -   Veggie Kids. (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/food-cooking-recipes/18743-veggie-kids.html)

TechnoMayhem 05-30-2008 06:46 PM

Veggie Kids.

:3
I luff veggies.XD
People say if your a veggie-tarian(my way of saying it)
that you can't eat cheese, that doesn't make any sense to me, milk doesn't have to do with eating animals/meat one bit, its milk, a liquid.
:P
Any veggie kids out there?
^-^

xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx 05-30-2008 10:17 PM

Well, if people don't eat milk or eggs, its because they're vegan, so they eat nothing that even has to do with animals.
I would much rather be a "veggie-kid", since I'm really not too fond of meat.

Lolo27 06-04-2008 11:48 AM

I love being vegetarian!

I couldn't be vegan because i would like live on pasta. I don't see how cows get hurt by being milked anyway, they need to be milked right? and they are usually in good conditions and lovely big fields happily eating grass. DOn't think you should kill them though!

TechnoMayhem 06-04-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolo27 (Post 703345)
I love being vegetarian!

I couldn't be vegan because i would like live on pasta. I don't see how cows get hurt by being milked anyway, they need to be milked right? and they are usually in good conditions and lovely big fields happily eating grass. DOn't think you should kill them though!

Yeah I know how ya feel, the cows get milked from their babies anywho, I don't think a mere milker machine thing will be any different.
I always see cows when we go on trips, I just want to feed them and pet them.
Mii luffs cows.

Rocketship_ 01-02-2009 05:51 PM

If you don't want a cow to be harmed, in the processing of your milk, then just buy organic milk. The cows are raised on large farms, which benefits in the taste of your milk. Not to mention the humanity of the cow. ^__^

eliginorski 02-22-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnoMayhem (Post 703460)
Yeah I know how ya feel, the cows get milked from their babies anywho, I don't think a mere milker machine thing will be any different.
I always see cows when we go on trips, I just want to feed them and pet them.
Mii luffs cows.

Um...just one or two small comments on your comment...
Those milking machines are probably a least a little painful for the cows who are hooked up to them...I mean, how would you like to have to be hooked up to some machine on a regular basis and be pumped dry?
And the problem with buying milk is that not every company treats the cows how they should be treated. Since that there is no law saying that they have to divulge this information then you never really know exactly how these animals are being treated.
So...yeah...

Also, although I'm not a vegetarian right now, my sister has recently joined the ranks and lately I have been considering following her example...

TechnoMayhem 02-22-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliginorski (Post 808800)
Um...just one or two small comments on your comment...
Those milking machines are probably a least a little painful for the cows who are hooked up to them...I mean, how would you like to have to be hooked up to some machine on a regular basis and be pumped dry?
And the problem with buying milk is that not every company treats the cows how they should be treated. Since that there is no law saying that they have to divulge this information then you never really know exactly how these animals are being treated.
So...yeah...

Also, although I'm not a vegetarian right now, my sister has recently joined the ranks and lately I have been considering following her example...

Well I understand where your coming from. I follow Peta and seen how animals are abused, so ya I know how they are being treated in a way.

Silent_Wolf 02-22-2009 07:35 AM

Actually, if a cow isn't milked it's actually even more painful. It's like us humans having a psychotically-overfilled bladder; it hurts and they feel bloated. And in any case, advances in milking machine technologies makes it less painful for them; plus computers can actually calculate when to stop milking the cow.

I'm not vegetarian but I do eat more veggies and fruits than I do meats, but I can honestly say I couldn't live without cheeseburgers or pepperoni. >>

Miranda_ 02-22-2009 09:38 AM

I also would think very hard before championing PETA, if I were you; they not only are nuts as far as some of their issues go; for example, creating an entire site to mock the Olsen twins about wearing fur, calling them the Trollsons (if someone on here made a thread to mock another user on here, that would be harrassment) and making weird and unworkable suggestions, such as that B&J use brea'st milk rather than cow's milk, but they're also pretty hypocritical. For example, they support the terrorist animal rights organisation the Animal Liberation Front who bomb laboritories, release dangerous mink and laboritory animals into the wild and even dug up an old lady's grave to make a point. They also don't like pets and kill cats and dogs and store them in freezers. Some of their issues may be admirable, but I'd rather not support such deranged thinkers, personally.

As far as milking cows go, domestic cows are bred to produce far more milk than any calf could drink. That is what they are bred for; milk and meat. You can choose not to drink the milk or eat the meat, but that is your choice. Respect the choice of others to drink milk and eat meat. I do both, but I would never dream of trying to make a veggie do what I do. Even if I don't agree with their stance, I can at least respect it.

Catlover642 02-22-2009 10:26 AM

I would never be a veggie kid or a vegetarian for I reason: 1. I love meat way to much to give it up.

I just wanted to know if this is true, in a PETA commercial that got banned from the Superbowl, it claims vegetarians have better sex, is that true? Not that I am thinking about doing that, I just wanted to know.