Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Food, Cooking and Recipes Everything that has to deal with food and places to eat. Share your food recipes and secrets, talk about favourite dishes and restaurants.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
angelgirliex96

Default Brownies a La Mode - 03-11-2009, 12:17 AM

Brownies a La Mode

In gradients:
  • Brownies (of your choice) Square and Soft (Not Small)
  • Vanilla Ice Cream or whatever ice cream is your favorite
  • Chocolate syrup or fudge
  • A bowl, a spoon, and a hungry person
  • Whip Cream, and toppings of your chice

Instructions
  • First warm your brownie in a microwave
  • Then put it in a bowl
  • Next drizzle some chocolate syrup (or fudge) over it
  • Then scoop as much ice cream as you want onto the brownie (but not to much)
  • then drizzle some more chocolate syrup (or fudge) over the ice cream
  • Now put the whip cream over it
  • next TOPPOINGS add them
  • LASTLY!!!

ENJOY
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-18-2009, 02:49 PM

Monkey Bread (This stuff is so easy to make, but so tasty!)

3 cans of biscuit dough; tear each piece into 4ths.

In a bowl - 1/2 cup sugar+1tsp cinnamon, mix with fork until cin. and sugar are evenly blended.
Dredge pieces of biscuit dough in mixture (not all at once!) and put into buttered bundt pan. Continue until all dough is in pan.

Take remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture and put it into a 1/2 c measuring cup. Add enough sugar to make 1/2 cup, pour back in bowl. Add another 1 tsp cinnamon.

Syrup:
In a sauce pan (or frying pan), melt one stick of butter. When thoroughly melted, add sugar and cinnamon and mix it with the melted butter as much as possible. Bring to a light bubble (not boil!). Pour over the biscuit dough evenly.

Put in 350 degree oven, bake for 25 minutes. When done baking, invert on plate.

Enjoy!

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Cookie_Crumps (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-18-2010, 07:25 AM

Ebi Soboro (Fluffy shrimp)
Shrimp, shelled and cooked -- 1/2 pound
Sugar -- 2-3 tablespoons
Sake -- 1 tablespoon
Salt -- pinch
Chop the shrimp into small pieces with a knife, or pulse in a food processor.
Add the shrimp to a saucepan ans stir over low heat until it begins to dry out.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until the shrimp begins to dry out again. Remove from heat and cool.

Kampyo Filling (Dried gourd)
Kampyo -- 1 ounce
Boiling water -- 1 1/2 cup
Dashi stock -- 1 cup
Sugar -- 3 tablespoons
Soy sauce -- 3 tablespoons
Mirin -- 1 tablespoon
Place the kampyo into a bowl and pour boiling water over the kampyo. Soak for 20 minutes, or until soft. Drain.
In a small saucepan, add the kampyo and the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer over low heat and allow the liquid to reduce until almost dry.
Remove from heat, cool, and squeeze slightly to remove the excess liquid.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 05-18-2010, 06:43 PM

Saute'ed chicken breast with a sauce - Wolfie style! XD The sauce that goes with this recipe also goes great with french fries, steak, and possibly salads.

Ingredients for the chicken:
Chicken breast(obviously, XD), around 4 oz (about two inches by four inches in size, less than an inch thick to ensure doneness)
1/2 tbs Dill we'ed
3 tbs Minced garlic (Is possible to use garlic powder as substitute, but it doesn't taste as good.)
Salt, as needed
Pepper, as needed
1 1/2 tbs butter
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Bowl of flour (around two, three cups)

Ingredients for sauce:
Minced garlic
2 tbs evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
2 1/2 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs dijon mustard
2 1/2 tbs honey mustard
1/4 can of chicken broth/stock
Salt, as needed
Pepper, as needed

1. Trim the chicken as needed; take off the fat, any cartilage, or tendons still attached. If this part makes you queasy, have a family member do it or your local butcher. Or ask the people behind the counter to do it for you when you go grocery shopping.
2. WASH YOUR HANDS WHEN YOU ARE DONE TOUCHING THAT RAW CHICKEN. DON'T BE GROSS.
3. In the saucepan, add the first amounts of butter and the evoo. Allow to melt SLOWLY on the lowest setting.
4. On a plate, make a thin layer of salt, pepper, and dill we'ed.
5. In the pan, once the butter has integrated with the oil, add the 3 tbs of minced garlic; keep it on the lowest setting so that the butter and oil can absorb the flavor of the garlic. Also prevents it from burning. Let sit for however long you wish; I once left it here for twenty minutes and it ended up being a very nice, sweet-garlic flavor. Not sure why.
6. Flour the chicken; shake off excess flour and gently place on seasoned plate. WASH YOUR HANDS WHEN YOU ARE DONE.
7. Shake some salt, pepper, and some of the half-tablespoon of dill we'ed on top of the floured chicken.
8. In the pan, add the rest of the half-tablespoon of dill. Allow to simmer for a few minutes, then turn the heat up.
9. When the pan begins to bubble slightly, add the chicken. If it starts crackling too much for your liking, turn the heat down.
10. The chicken, if it is thin, should be visibly turning from a dark pink to a white as it cooks. After five minutes, flip it over CAREFULLY so as to not splash the oil. Cook another five minutes (or longer if the chicken is oddly shaped and an uneven thickness).
11. Take the thickest piece (known as a 'test piece') and put it on a plate; use a knife to cut it in half. Examine it; if it is white, then it is done and should be an accurate gauge of the other pieces' doneness. If it is still somewhat pink, place it back into the pan as-is; do NOT put it down on the cut sides.
12. Once the chicken is done cooking, remove from pan to a plate; cover said plate with aluminum foil or another plate to preserve heat.

Sauce:
1. Clean out pan, or use fresh one.
2. Add evoo and butter for sauce to pan. Use same method - low heat to melt. If you are using the same pan, do NOT put it down on the same burner. Put it on a cold burner; if you put it back on the hot burner, then you WILL cause the butter to pop in the oil and believe me, it BURNS like you would not believe.
3. Add the 2 1/2 tbs of garlic; allow to soak in the oil and butter for a few minutes. NOW is the time to move the pan back to the hot burner - but keep the heat low!
4. Once the garlic has soaked to your liking, turn up the heat SLIGHTLY. Add both mustards and stir them around until they have sufficiently melted.
5. Add the 1/4 can of chicken stock/broth; mix thoroughly and allow to simmer.
6. Once the sauce has thickened, plate your chicken and pour sauce on top. Enjoy! <3

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-20-2010, 04:06 AM

Gingerbread Cupcakes with Coffee Icing ^.^

For Cupcakes-
60g butter
50g soft light brown sugar
2 TBS golden syrup
2 TBS dark treacle
(If you can't get the golden and dark treacles,
do use 4 TBS mild molasses instead)
1 tsp ground ginger
80 ml whole milk
1 large egg, beaten
2 pieces of preserved stem ginger in syrup,
drained well and chopped finely
115g self raising flour

For Icing-
2 tbsp instant coffee
1 cup butter (softened)
4 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
4-5 cups confectionner's (icing) sugar

Pre-heat the oven to 170*C/325*F. Line a muffin tin with paper cakes and then set aside.

Place the treacles (or molasses) butter, sugar and ground ginger into a largish saucepan. Place over medium low heat and heat gently until the butter has melted and all have blended well together. Remove from the heat and allow to cool a bit.

Beat together the milk and the egg. Stir this into the warm mixture along with the stem ginger. Sift the flour over top and fold it in until well combined. Spoon into the muffin cases, dividing it equally amongst them all.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until they spring back when lightly touched, or when a skewer inserted into the centre of one comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Combine the instant coffee with the hot water in a large bowl. Add the butter, milk and vanilla. Beat with a mixer (hand mixer or stand mixer) until smooth. Add the confectionner's sugar one cup at a time. Keep beating the mixture until it has a nice consistency. Now you can spread it on the muffins using either a spoon or piping bag. They look very nice with chocolate coated nuts and sultanas on top ^.^

Last edited by Cheshire1996 : 05-20-2010 at 04:08 AM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
red_hawt_diva1028 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default Candy Noodles? - 08-01-2011, 11:27 PM

Okay... So Im totally obsessed with making rice bowl recipies.

You might think this one is totally weird, but try it! You might like it. I am obsessed with candy noodles. They are soo yummy!
Use sticky rice for good effect.

Minty Green Tea Candy Noodle (this one might be weird)

Ingredients"
1.Steamed Udon Noodles or Rice
3.Mint leaves (optiona, just for garnishl)
4.Milk
5.Green tea shake ( Normally if you go to a frozen yogurt parlour they got some green tea shakes or bubble tea. grab one o those.

How to make
  1. Mix the green tea shake with a tiny bit of milk untill a creamy mixture.
  2. Cook rice or noodles, and put in bowl you will eat in.
  3. Put creamy candy sauce in side dish, or put on top of noodles.
Mint leaf for garnish.

Hints n tips:
  • If the noodles are hot and it melts the sauce, thats okay. It tastes better that way, sometimes.
  • If you got tastebuds that cant take hot cold contrast, i suggest not to eat this.
You can also put the bubbles from the bubble tea maybe you got on the noodles. I didnt try it, so idk.

LET ME KNOW HOW IT TASTES IF YA LIKE IT!!!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-10-2011, 03:57 PM

Ever want a yummy garlic sauce but you don't want to scramble to find the ingredients, or buy it from a pizza place with your pizza?

Look no further! Though, if you're a health nut, stay away, this involves butter.

Lots.

of.

Butter.

-----

2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
Dash of italian seasoning
1 tsp salt

Chop garlic finely. Combine ingredients in a microwaveable bowl.

Microwave in increments of 5 minutes until butter is entirely melted. Serve with cheese, pizza, or any other dish that you wanted it for. Warning: Unless you really microwaved this for awhile, the garlic may still have some heat to it.

If you want more, double the butter but not the garlic. If you want more garlic flavor, add another clove and another tbsp of butter to keep it from getting too garlicy.

Halestorm
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-19-2011, 06:34 PM

Look, another sauce. >_> <_<

Smoky-Sweet Sherry and Cinnamon Gastrique (Warning: Involves hot sugar, caution necessary)

1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sherry wine cooking vinegar
1-2 tsp liquid smoke

Combine sugar, cinnamon, and liquid smoke in a small sauce pan; mixture will be "Crumbly." Allow it to melt and cook it for 1 minute. Pour in enough of the water and vinegar (both in one receptacle) to dissolve and temporarily boil the sugar, turn off the heat. When it has stopped boiling, pour into a heat proof bowl. Once it stops steaming, pour over food. Caution: Hot and delicious!

Halestorm
(#19 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-19-2011, 08:06 PM

Well, might as well share a NOT sauce recipe; it's my go-to dessert whenever I have to bring stuff for parties.
Wine Cake*

1 packet reduced fat/sugar free/whatever butterscotch flavored Jell-O
1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup sherry
1 tsp nutmeg

Bunt Pan, non-stick spray
-----------------

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients in medium-to-large size mixing bowl or pot, preferably using an electric mixer. Mix until there are no lumps (make sure to use a spatula to get any that may be lurking on the sides or underneath). Spatula the batter into your well-sprayed pan and bake for 45 minutes (until golden-brown). Remove from oven, let cool. Serves various amounts depending on how thinly/thickly you cut your slices

*Yes there is alcohol in this. No yo can't get drunk from it; it gets burned off when you bake it. Just be careful with the batter (which has raw eggs in it so you really shouldn't eat it anyway)

Avocado Dip

That's not actually the name of it, but I have no idea what else to call it. Very simple, and great for parties. People went crazy for it whenever I brought it in for classroom parties...I was literally required to bring it after the first time.

1 can black beans
1 can Del Monte fiesta corn (they're the only ones that make it)
1 avocado, diced
1 box cherry tomatoes, diced
2 cups finely shredded mexican cheese
Green or purple onions to taste, chopped
Italian Dressing

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default Fig Caramelized Red Onion and Bleu Cheese Flatbreads - 08-15-2014, 10:51 PM

This is soooo incredibly yummy. My boyfriend loved it.

Serves 4 to 6

Flatbread gets the best of summer with sweet figs, caramelized onions and tangy blue cheese. Pair with California Chardonnay or Merlot.

Ingredients:
•1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges with layers separated
•3 tablespoons (42 g) butter
•1 (16 ounce, 454 g) store bought pizza dough, divided and at room temperature
•all purpose flour, as needed
•8 figs, stems removed and sliced
•4 ounces (114 g) blue cheese, crumbled
•2 teaspoons (9 g) crushed red pepper flakes, divided
•extra virgin olive oil, as needed
•yellow cornmeal, as needed
•salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
•Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C). The pizza stone should also be preheating in the oven at this time.
•Place butter in a small sauté pan and bring up to medium heat.
•Once the butter has melted add the red onion and season with salt and pepper.
•Cook the red onion for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pieces have caramelized and are slightly sweet in flavor. Remove from heat and set aside.
•Sprinkle a clean surface with flour and roll out half of the dough; adding more flour, if needed, to avoid any sticking.
•Roll the dough out until it is about 1/2 inch (13 mm) thick and gently pierce the entire surface with a fork.
•Sprinkle cornmeal onto the surface of a pizza peel (if you don’t have a pizza peel, the backside of a baking sheet works just fine)
•Move the rolled dough onto the prepared pizza peel and press gently to form a cornmeal crust on the bottom of the dough.
•Brush the surface of the dough with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
•Begin adding half of the sliced figs and caramelized onions to the pizza dough finish with a sprinkle of half the bleu cheese and 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
•Slide the pizza into the oven, onto the pizza stone, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust has turned golden brown.
•Repeat steps 5-11 with the remaining dough and toppings.
•Cut the flatbreads into pieces and serve.