Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Food, Cooking and Recipes Everything that has to deal with food and places to eat. Share your food recipes and secrets, talk about favourite dishes and restaurants.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
BonnieGirl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 4 Votes / 5.00 Average
Question French Foods - 02-03-2007, 12:51 AM

In my French class we're going to do this really cool project. We're going to cook food and run a restaurant. Not literrary but you know. It's going to be a brunch and our teacher wants us to be waiters/waitresses (that speak french, duh.)

So anywayz, my question is: What are some good french foods out there?
Store bought iteams are also good. We already have a main dish.Yes it's going to be a French restaurant, hence: French class.

Is it okay to serve coke/pepsi? Or is that just silly? What do French people drink?

[PS] the money we earn is going to be used for a good cause and French club of course.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Haley_Noelle (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: 4 Votes / 3.75 Average
Send a message via AIM to Haley_Noelle Send a message via Yahoo to Haley_Noelle
Default 02-03-2007, 03:12 PM

french people drink wine but your to young so maybe you can take clear water and add like red food coloring to it and make it look like red wine thats my idea but if you want to serve soda be my guest. also here is a site with differnt french dishes Quick French Meals - Easy, quick recipes I think they have good dish ideas on it. good luck from me to you.

My dad just came home from Iraq! Wahoo.
Visit the club I'm in it's called World_OF_Girls.
It's awesome.
Um. TinkerBell1995 is awesome. Get to know her.
I love you Emma Grace.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-04-2007, 08:20 AM

The French don't usually drink wine in the morning. They drink tea, juices, milk, coffee. Those are good brunch drinks.

As for food, crepes all the way xD Recipes for French Brunch at recipes.epicurean.com Recipe Collection is a site with some French recipes, but remember that heavy foods won't settle well. Also, make sure you include fruits with your meal. How To Make French Breakfast (Food: Breakfast) is a site with a video on how to make a French breakfast. You should definately check both of these sites out for ideas. If you need anymore help, just ask since I too take French and have studied foods and meals in France before.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 02-04-2007 at 08:22 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 02-05-2007, 05:16 PM

Yeah, but if you're going to set the table all fancy like you might want to put a wine glass and a coffee mug.
And since you're having a main course I suspect it's going to be more of a diner type thing.

Uhm, I'd use that grape juice that comes in the wine bottles. Or if that's out of budget some sprite. Both of them bubble like wine...

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
angel_deceiver (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: Not Rated
Send a message via Yahoo to angel_deceiver
Default 03-15-2007, 04:18 PM

the french also like icecream but their cones are really small. also kalamari ROCKS all you have to do is cut the squid open and take all the ink stuff out, then simmer some butter and then only cook it until it is off white, cok it too long it will be rubbery

"angels lie to keep control" -Slipknot
(#6 (permalink))
Old
i_am_me10

Default 04-03-2007, 03:05 PM

i think they have red grape juice......and choclopan........or whatever it called and crossaints..................and..............thats about it...........
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Khazi

Default 05-04-2007, 08:11 AM

Oh I like French Food. I like their icecreams.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 07-17-2007, 10:21 PM

Hmmm... My French class went on a brunch field trip, and we had some sort of chicken, onion soup, fried vegetables (includes squash, which is da good stuff), and an apple tart. The apple tart was basically an apple pie, without the top crust. There was whipped cream on the side, and it was sprikled with cinnamon. This dessert ought to be pretty easy to fix up, if you find a recipe, and it was mighty good, too!

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Simply_Legally_Brunette

Default French Food - 08-19-2007, 07:13 AM

Ok. I live in france , so I'm trying to remember the last thing I ate at one of my friends houses...
Apple tart. French people like apples. And they like meat. Lots of meat. (Too bad if you're vegetarian).
They usually drink wine, but I don't think thats a good idea for a school project.
They do drink cola and stuff like that but not every day, only on special occasions.
They drink lots of bottled water.
They quite like couscous (I don't. )
Crepes. French people really like crepes. And galettes. They're SORT OF like pancakes but they use a different type of flour.
THey don't drink tea but they have black coffee (basically coffe but withiout milk).
For brekfast its usually cereal and hot chocolate.
LOTS OF BREAD. Baguettes.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
xomusicluvaa (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to xomusicluvaa
Post 09-07-2007, 10:52 PM

yummy!!!! i love french food

( M E ) J E S S I C A ( M E )
(NOUN)- ANNOYING 13 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRUD WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT HER. ALSO SEE: TWILIGHT FREAK, FLYLEAF FAN, PARAMORE FAN, AND BOOK WORM.
Avi credit to
-- XSabaXx

ohmigod look it's my website!
lets all click the link!!!

thanks delly for the button!