Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Fashion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/fashion/)
-   -   Who thinks Hot Topic is Expensive?? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/fashion/8625-who-thinks-hot-topic-expensive.html)

little_sister_smile 08-16-2005 04:26 PM

Who thinks Hot Topic is Expensive??

okay, I know that some people might say "NO" because they have ooodles of money floating around in their pockets but for those of us who aren't regular shoppers or can't buy like crazy and yet love to when we can. anyways, When I go out shopping, I always stop by Hot Topic to see what's new and see if I can buy a few things.

Well, problem is that I don't have $50 or more dollars on me most of the time. meaning that I can barely buy one t-shirt without going poor over at good old Hot Topic. I LOVE their stuff but why the hell do I need to pay $35 for a freaking shirt that will probably last me at most a year or two??? The material isn't even worth that much. Also, there are lots of these stores around so you can't tell me that they couldn't let up a bit on the prices at times. yes, they have sales once in a great while but they are more like small reductions and not big decreases.

I mean, I could easily wonder over to Macy's or Jcpenny's and but several shirts for the same price as one shirt over at Hot topic. I once saw this jacket there for $75 and I just about choaked on the price tag. I see that that the jacket was sorta original and cool but jeeeezus, not worth THAT much. :roll:

so tell me, do you think that they could reduce the prices a bit? or are you happy paying the money that will perhaps buy you a shirt and a pair of pants that could pay for a trip to the hospital?? :lol:

and ALL opinions are gladly accepted...I don't discriminate here. :?

Erin

kimber892003 08-16-2005 04:32 PM

Have you tried looking on eBay?

EDIT: I have a co-worked who paid $75 for a belt made of cheap stretchy plastic with riveted fake bottle caps at The Buckle. That made my jaw drop. I don't think it was worth it because she's only wore it a couple of times and the stretchy plastic is ripping.

little_sister_smile 08-16-2005 05:12 PM

um, well....I didn't know that hot topic items were on ebay. Or are you suggesting it as an alternative to hot topic?? anyways, its a good idea. Thanks

Erin

dudettel 08-16-2005 05:16 PM

I admit I used to buy there until I realized I was yet again wasting my money on fashion. Sometimes I'll buy clearance stuff there :lol:

Clearance ROCKS!!

It is too expensive. I bought pants there for 50 bucks my sophmore year...never doing that again...but hey i still have the pants!

fireblade06 08-16-2005 06:19 PM

Yes, it is too expensive. I see a lot of their shirts on jinx and the maddox shirt that of course is on www.maddox.xmission.com
I'm too cheap for any of their things. O.o I see a lot of people at school with their earrings, but they are like 6$, and I always buy expensive jewelery because I'm allergic to everything. lol
I see it as, if you buy from Hot Topic, then a ton of people are going to have the same clothes as you somewhere. It's hard to get away from things like that... err yeah....

RoxyChix99 08-16-2005 06:50 PM

Hot Topic is my favorite store. Their prices are expensive, but at times you can get really good deals. I know I got my Evanescence shirt for $8.00. I don't have loads of money to buy there either, I don't own pants from there or anything, I just like their band shirts.

Silent_Wolf 08-16-2005 06:51 PM

I have yet to go there myself... Can't wait till I go to the mall with my friends for once!

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 08-16-2005 07:31 PM

I go in there to buy clearance clothing every once in a while. I don't really buy any clothes there enless it has faeries on it V.V I just can't resist faery clothing. I did buy some nice Blackberry lip gloss there. It smells wonderful.

angel924 08-16-2005 07:59 PM

Although Hot Topic is an awesome store (SWK, I agree with you on the fairy stuff! Last shirt I got there had a sparkly fairy on the front! :D ), I think their prices are too expensive. $20+ for each shirt...which is why I only occasionally buy there. The stuff I do buy there is either something that I absolutely love, or stuff that's on clearance for 50% off or more! I got a great deal on this Evanescence shirt: Originally $20, bought it for $4! :wink:

CLEARNACE ROCKS!

little_sister_smile 08-16-2005 09:59 PM

I don't tell people they are straight out "wrong". I tell them my opinion and they tell me theirs but there's nothing "wrong" with your side of the story. If I were money rich, I'd be freaking shopping my head off at hot topic. lol. But for those of us who don't have free flowing money, I believe that its exspensive for the type of garments one is buying. a t-shirt should not cost you $20 -40 dollars.

Erin