Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Fashion Share ideas on fashion modeling, fashion photography, hair styling, etc.

View Poll Results: Do you think HOt Topic is Exspensive?
no way 10 19.61%
yes! 41 80.39%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-24-2008, 08:48 AM

Only thing I ever bought from Hot Topic was a Slytherin t-shirt; where I live, they only have Harry Potter shirts for kids. It was a bit pricier than a regular t-shirt, tho.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 07-29-2008, 12:46 AM

Heck yes, it's expensive!

I shop there very rarely, though I do try to get something every time I go.. but then again, I hardly go to the mall..

Anyways, YES, it is expensive. But, every blue moon they have awesome sales which results in me getting a regularly 22% robot tee for about 5$... heheh.

So yeah, you should go when they have good sales, and shop on their website too! They have really fantastic, 75% off sales seasonly I think...

=D
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Cherpples23 (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 3.50 Average
Send a message via AIM to Cherpples23 Send a message via MSN to Cherpples23 Send a message via Yahoo to Cherpples23
Default 10-06-2008, 07:40 PM

Yeah..
I use to shop at Hot topic 24/7 when I was in middle school. Lol and sometimes I'll go there for t-shirts but I really do agree that is overpriced. The clothes are cheaply made. I once got a pair of pants there and it already had holes in them and then I got another pair and the seams were falling apart..
I like some of their accessories though and the stickers. :]

"Tonight I'm tangled in a blanket of clouds.
Dreaming aloud."

(#24 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 10-07-2008, 06:46 AM

XD Finally! My firned Brittany/Ryan (her nickname is ryan, but I call her both) waits for Halloween time and buys funky accessories for cheap aorund then at halloween stores.

We try to find shortcuts, it's fun.

Some of my other friends, however, love to splurge. -.- They don't have siblings to contend with for $!

(#25 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-11-2010, 11:27 PM

I used to think hot topic was the coolest store ever until i walked in there with $55, bought two things, and walked out with $33. See a problem there? All i bought were some cool striped arm warmers and a little clip hat. RIDICULOUS!!!!

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#26 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 07-12-2010, 10:38 AM

The stupid thing is, I've never been in a hot topic >> I don't think they have an Ireland branch, and if they do, it'll only be in capital cities like Limerick, Dublin and Belfast. As I live in the rear passage of nowhere, I don't exactly have much time to explore cities for one tiny store tucked away in a grungy alleyway. XD

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-12-2010, 01:25 PM

I bought my Slytherin t-shirt online, using a card. They don't have stores over here, I think.

I wouldn't go to Hot Topic even if there were stores over here, cuz of the prices. I can buy arm warmers, over the knee socks etc at Claires for far cheaper.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Mariisa (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-29-2010, 10:45 PM

I think Hot Topic is sort of expensive on it's graphic t-shirts...

I wouldn't really know how expensive or cheap it is personally since I have only shopped there once (last year in the summer in Minneapolis). But I did find the one time when I was browsing the graphic t-shirts, they seemed a little expensive (25 dollars for one... O_O)... xD

(#29 (permalink))
Old
fallen_angel_of_darkness66 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Default 10-01-2011, 05:34 AM

hot topic is soooo freakin' expensive... i don't even shop there anymore because i don't have the cash.

i once saw these great boots there, but i wasn't about to pay ninety dollars for them! a year-and-a-half later they went on sale for $60 so i bought them up. i still have them too. a bit worn on the outer toe but i think i can get that repaired.

i don't want to pay $40 for a shirt or $80+ for a corset and skirt!>.>

(#30 (permalink))
Old
UtaGoesRawr (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Default 04-28-2012, 03:46 PM

I shop at HT a lot, and the prices for shirts always dissapoint me. Always $21 and $24 dollars. The dresses have to be the worst. I've bought four and the most expensive one was almost $60.
I don't get why they have to be like that. The accessories always break, and whenever I go to other stores, stuff is cheaper (usually Claire's gloves and chokers). The only store I've ever been in that's more expensive (with good reason) than HT is Gothic Renaissance. The dresses went up to $200.
We should just be lucky that we have HT instead of that.