Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Fashion Share ideas on fashion modeling, fashion photography, hair styling, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kittiekat001 (Offline)
Professional

Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-10-2005, 01:12 PM

I don't belive in killing animals for their fur! Yes, you may say "Don't you eat meat?" "Animals die for the meat your eat!" Well, I do eat meat, but, meat, is a good cause, Native Americans lived on meat, and berries, but, when they would eat meat, they would have a Religious Ceremony, for the animal.

People, who are poor, may kill a fish, which is meat, to survive! On the other hand, Animal fur, is alot of money, if people are in need of something warm, don't get animal fur, get a jacket! Animal fur, I belive, would not be a good cause, for our world. Same thing with leather.

That is my opinion on Animal fur.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-23-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-10-2005, 03:19 PM

Besides, you can buy fake fur which is just as warm! As for meat, a h*ll of a lot more animals get killed for 1 fur coat than for 1 steak.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kimber892003 (Offline)
Guru

Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-10-2005, 03:50 PM

I don't have a problem with leather. The cattle are killed for meat and the skins are used for leather, it would be wasteful not to use the skins. Native Americans used everything that came from their kills and wasted nothing.

I dislike modern hunters who only want a mount for their walls. I hunt but my boyfriend and I eat the kills and save the skins to give to the local tribal craftsmen.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 03-10-2005, 04:18 PM

I have a jacket that has fake fur, and it stinks. As in the smell. *gags* Worse, it's not the kind that can be washed, so I have to deal. I really don't like animal furs too much. I agree with both Miranda_ and Kimber on this one.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Rose36 (Offline)
Addict

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-10-2005, 07:38 PM

I love my winter coat with the fake blue fox fur hood I like cuddling in it and feeling warm.

I'm not a fan of real fur coats though, mainly because of all the stories I've heard about how they treat the animals. Plus I was heavily influenced by Disney growing up. **coughcough101dalmationscough** Although the character Cruella DeVil just rocked. lol I'm a big fan of evil

(#6 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 03-11-2005, 10:27 AM

An animal killed only for their fur is wrong. If you use every part of the animal, and the animal is not in danger of extinction, then its fine to me. But who really is going to eat tiger meat? Its never going to be a popular thing. Leather is ok, because it would just go to waste otherwise, other than that its wrong...and kinda gross if you ask me....

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
(#7 (permalink))
Old
kittiekat001 (Offline)
Professional

Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-18-2005, 07:21 PM

Wahoo!!!!! I hate it when experiments are tested on animals, and whoever is testing it on them, isn't even sure if it may cause harm to them or not!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
kimber892003 (Offline)
Guru

Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-20-2005, 04:28 PM

Humans are omnivores (eats meat and plants) just like bears and other animals. Humans are animals and are considered prey to large predators such as polar bears, crocodiles, aligators, sharks, tigers etc etc.

To say people of the world need to stop eating meat is being unrealistic. There would be starvation everywhere.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 03-20-2005, 05:22 PM

I agree with kimber on that one. What if all bears stopped eating meat?

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-20-2005, 06:02 PM

To stop eating meat would lead to over population of certain species. Just thought I'd point that out.

Av & Sig Credit: Me