Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Fashion Share ideas on fashion modeling, fashion photography, hair styling, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 03-28-2008, 09:25 PM

Meh I wouldn't wear animal fur but I don't care if some one else would wear it.
Because I look it it this way its either going to be killed by humans or another animal at least humans are less painful about it . generally..
I love animals dont get me wrong but its not a big deal.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 03-30-2008, 01:52 PM

Maybe when people start walking around with human scalp coats people will start to understand what is so disgusting about wearing animal fur...

The only time I would say it is okay is when an animal was killed and every part of their body used in some way, like how the native americans used the buffalo. However, we use cow meat to make our macburgers and then we kill the minks/wild cats/fancy rodents to get their fur, and all of the excess is wasted. Killing an animal only for their fur is a total waste of resources.

Edit: I just notice I already posted in this thread lol...my opinion didn't change much...

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde

Last edited by dudettel : 03-30-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
ShinoMegami (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-12-2008, 10:04 PM

Okay I'm just wondering if all of you people saying that how horrible animals are treated for their fur actually know anything about the industry? Most animals aren't just killed for their fur. If you have rabbit fur on something, chances are in some specialty resturaunt someone is eating that rabbit...same with fox, leming, and tons of other animals. And animals raised for their fur are usually fed better food and pampered a bit more to keep that fur nice looking.

Random Factoid: Silk, Wool, Leather and thousands of other of your favorite fibers/fabrics come from something that is alive that isn't a plant.

Another Random Factoid: Real fur has been prefferred until about the last 10 years by many designers because while you can get the same look with synthetic you couldn't get the same feel or drapability (which means how the fabric drapes/falls over the body) Many designers would use synthetic but a lot would not because of those reasons. Now there are so many innovations that Synthetics are getting better. Point: Polyester used to be the evil nasty fabric in the 70s, now polyester is immitating just about every fabric out there.

*Oh and just so you know that I'm not spouting crap. I have a degree in fashion design. So yes I do know what I am talking about.

PSST!! Hey!! Go > here < and see my dolls!!

Avatar Made by ME!! Base from Dollz'n'stuff (I don't have a current link, if anyone does please PM it to me)
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-13-2008, 08:32 AM

I know about mink... and I also know that, thanks to the Animal Liberation Front, who released loads of vicious mink into the wild, that several birds, pet dogs and cats, lambs and even some children were attacked by the savage beasts.

In any case, we're more civilised now, so there is no need whatsoever to kill animals for their fur. We might as well bring back bear baiting or c'ock fighting, or solving arguments with our neighbours by going round there and hitting them with clubs.

(#35 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Thumbs down 11-15-2008, 02:09 PM

Killing animals for their fur is barbaric and unesessary. Why can't they just use fake fur? They do most of the time anyways. Just because some sicko wants to have a dead animal wrapped around them doesn't mean they should go and kill innocent animals for them.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-15-2008, 03:50 PM

It's like I once saw on an ad; it takes several dumb animals to make a fur coat, but just one to wear it.

(#37 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Thumbs down 11-15-2008, 06:05 PM

Ha, that's true. I don't see how people think that real fur on clothing is so cool? It's disgusting and i would never be caught dead wearing real fur. Designers who use real fur should be ashamed because it's the high fashion labels that use it the most, influencing others to use it aswell.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
squall (Offline)
Bonita

Default 12-18-2008, 11:59 PM

Isn't it illegal to sell animal fur??
(#39 (permalink))
Old
cssdy_7 (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-16-2009, 11:57 PM

I only like fake fur
verrry fake fur :]